44 state landslides (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:46:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  44 state landslides (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 44 state landslides  (Read 7586 times)
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« on: November 05, 2004, 04:12:44 AM »

I think the Dakotas are trending Democrat. Not enough to make a difference at Presidential elections for a long time if ever, but I think that that whole region (ND, SD, MN, IA, WI) are equalling out a bit more; the Dakotas will remain GOP friendly and I believe the upper midwest will remain vaguely DEM friendly for a few more years.

I disagree.  The only state that even looks like it might be trending Democrat in Presidential politics in the Plains and Mountain West is Montana, but I'm not quite sure of that either.

Don't be fooled (as Shira often his about these things) by this election in 2004.  Montana and South Dakota have historically strong anti-incumbent biases and nearly every incumbent that I can think of has always done worse in these two states the second time as opposed to the first (this includes, Reagan, Bush, Carter, Clinton, even Nixon I think).

As long as the ND and SD Dem senators bring in the farm pork for the two states, they'll be in fine shape unless they do what Daschle did these last 4 years.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies