How many Presidential Elections were stolen?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 07:32:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  How many Presidential Elections were stolen?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: How many Presidential Elections were stolen?

10+

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 36

Author Topic: How many Presidential Elections were stolen?  (Read 11580 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 12:09:15 AM »

1824, 1876, 1960,2000, 2004. 2004 There was probably as much voter fraud there than in other election. There are reports that Kerry had as many as 5 million votes taken from him. There were large discrapencies in Ohio. Bush was reported as getting more votes in some counties than there were that people actually voted. There were reports of voting machines in heavily democratic areas actually going in reverse. Thats why I will always refer to him as Governor Bush because thats the only office he legally won lol.

Reports does not mean that what's being said is true. I don't recall hearing any of that anyhow. Where did you hear about Bush getting more votes than there are people in certain counties? If that were the case the media would have a field day with it. He never stole either election and I posted a youtube video of what really happened in the 2000 election thread. What was illegal about the first time? Winning the Electoral Vote?

Of course you wouldnt, you have to actually read something for yourself, instead of listening to what fox news tells you.

I watch Fox News because I already agree with it as do many others. The same goes for talk radio.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »

1824, 1876, 1960,2000, 2004. 2004 There was probably as much voter fraud there than in other election. There are reports that Kerry had as many as 5 million votes taken from him. There were large discrapencies in Ohio. Bush was reported as getting more votes in some counties than there were that people actually voted. There were reports of voting machines in heavily democratic areas actually going in reverse. Thats why I will always refer to him as Governor Bush because thats the only office he legally won lol.

Don't bet on 2004, Cpeeks, especially re: Ohio. I've actually read several of the reports and statistical studies claiming the GOP stole Ohio in 2004---Robert Kennedy, Jr.'s Rolling Stone article being the most famous--and they're just plain wrong. The reasons are varied, but well summarized in this article in the liberal on-line magazine, Salon.

http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2006/06/03/kennedy

A little bit of local perspective: The analysis of RFK's claim Kerry "couldn't possibly" have run so far behind Democratic down ticket votes in several rural west OH counties (including mine) that voted overwhelmingly for Bush is spot on. Not only did the Democratic Supreme Court candidates Kennedy compares to Kerry run without their party label listed (as in all OH state judicial races) but I assure you candidates running as "generic Democrat" were infinitely more palatable to voters here than the vilified "flip flopping, baby killing, cafeteria Catholic, faux war hero, tax and spend Massachusetts liberal" that Kerry was perceived as in November 2004.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »

Don't bet on 2004, Cpeeks, especially re: Ohio. I've actually read several of the reports and statistical studies claiming the GOP stole Ohio in 2004---Robert Kennedy, Jr.'s Rolling Stone article being the most famous--and they're just plain wrong. The reasons are varied, but well summarized in this article in the liberal on-line magazine, Salon.

A little bit of local perspective: The analysis of RFK's claim Kerry "couldn't possibly" have run so far behind Democratic down ticket votes in several rural west OH counties (including mine) that voted overwhelmingly for Bush is spot on. Not only did the Democratic Supreme Court candidates Kennedy compares to Kerry run without their party label listed (as in all OH state judicial races) but I assure you candidates running as "generic Democrat" were infinitely more palatable to voters here than the vilified "flip flopping, baby killing, cafeteria Catholic, faux war hero, tax and spend Massachusetts liberal" that Kerry was perceived as in November 2004.

Maybe cpeeks is referencing the movie Hacking Democracy.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Maybe cpeeks is referencing the movie Hacking Democracy.

Could be, but its still wrong. As much as I dislike it, Bush won reelection fair and square (within the bounds of doing a hatchet job on a war veteran's genuinely heroic service which was both slimy and, considering W.'s activities and whereabouts during Vietnam, shamelessly hypocritical as hell, but whatever).
cpeeks
« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2010, 10:19:12 PM »

ok cool thx i will check that article out
homelycooking
Junior Chimp
Belize

« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2010, 09:16:31 AM »

1960-It sure is nice to have Richard Daley's political machine backing you up in Chicago.
2000-It is unquestionable that the people of Florida preferred Gore, even if the vote total didn't reflect that. Think about this. How many Palm Beach Jewish Democrats would have voted for Gore if the ballot wasn't a piece of sh**t? How many poor and minority voters would have had their votes counted if the optical scan machines they voted with had been set to reject voters' ballots if they made an error? How many African Americans lost their vote due to a racist "felon scrub list"? Surely, the total is more than 537. Besides, the people of the United States voted for Gore. The Electoral College voted for Bush.

Probably not 2004. I like Greg Palast, but Armed Madhouse was more comic than objective.

Two voters thought over 10 elections were stolen? Lol
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2010, 03:00:28 PM »

1960-It sure is nice to have Richard Daley's political machine backing you up in Chicago.
2000-It is unquestionable that the people of Florida preferred Gore, even if the vote total didn't reflect that. Think about this. How many Palm Beach Jewish Democrats would have voted for Gore if the ballot wasn't a piece of sh**t? How many poor and minority voters would have had their votes counted if the optical scan machines they voted with had been set to reject voters' ballots if they made an error? How many African Americans lost their vote due to a racist "felon scrub list"? Surely, the total is more than 537. Besides, the people of the United States voted for Gore. The Electoral College voted for Bush.

Probably not 2004. I like Greg Palast, but Armed Madhouse was more comic than objective.

Two voters thought over 10 elections were stolen? Lol

1824-Not stolen
1876-Not stolen
1888-Probably not stolen
1960-Illinois was probably stolen for JFK, but JFK still wins without IL. Thus, probably not stolen.
2000-Possibly stolen. BTW, the popular vote is irrelevant and neither Gore nor Bush won a majority of the PV.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2010, 08:04:22 PM »

Kennedy stole his election and Obama stole his with ACORN.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2010, 08:09:20 PM »

ACORN used SquirrelMail to bribe voters with acorns.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2010, 08:31:18 PM »

ACORN used SquirrelMail to bribe voters with acorns.

No they set up child prostitution rings to raise money and lived off of the welfare system. Some were even here illegally. Look it up on yahoo.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2010, 10:50:26 PM »

Anyone who claims 2008 was stolen is a hack. It's revisionest History. They don't remember what an inspiring, positive figure Obama was percieved as, especially compared to an ancient opponent.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2010, 11:12:16 PM »

JFK would have won even without IL. There has been no proof that Obama "stole" his election. Bush in 2000 is a different matter, though. Jeb and his buddies removed a lot of blacks and other minorities from the voter rolls when those minorities were eligible to vote.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2010, 11:13:47 PM »

JFK would have won even without IL. There has been no proof that Obama "stole" his election. Bush in 2000 is a different matter, though. Jeb and his buddies removed a lot of blacks and other minorities from the voter rolls when those minorities were eligible to vote.

What about LBJ stealing Texas? Without IL + TX = Kennedy would have lost.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »

From a Republican perspective, 1884 and 1960.

In 1884, the Democrats won New York by 1,047 votes which turned the election from Blaine to Cleveland.  Tammany Hall did a better job padding New York City results than did upstate Republicans. 

In 1960, the Dailey machine stole Illinois (9,142 votes), Johnson's cronies easily came up with enough fictious votes in Texas (46,257 votes, not a tall order in Texas), and Missouri (9,980 votes), where the St Louis machine produced the needed margin.

That 46k+ votes in 1960 Texas constituted a full 2.0% margin of victory. Yes, "Landslide Lyndon's" familiarity with ballot box stuffing wasn't unknown, but enough for a full 2% statewide shift? Let's not get crazy here.

Regarding MO (and NJ, before anyone mentions it), is there any evidence of widespread voter fraud by Democratic machines, or are we just assuming this occurred enough to flip every close Kennedy state in the country? For that matter, don't we expect that GOP political organizations in heavily GOP areas of these states stole votes for Nixon? (Possibly not Texas though as IIRC most of the local machines still were Democratic controlled, even in heavily GOP voting Houston and Dallas) Isn't there an equal (lacking) basis to assume GOP operatives in Nixon's southern California base stole enough votes to barely steal the state away from Kennedy? Or are Republican politicians overwhelmingly too noble and pure of heart--particularly Nixon--to engage in such skulduggery? Roll Eyes
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

At least two - 1824 and 2000.

It is ironic (but probably not coincidental) that both winners of two of the most controversial elections, were sons of ex-presidents.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2010, 07:07:30 PM »

What about LBJ stealing Texas? Without IL + TX = Kennedy would have lost.

The margin in TX was likely too large for the election to be stolen there.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2010, 09:27:58 PM »

in every election there's someone frauding some small number of votes. in elections where the votes are very close, there's always the possibility that the winner did not win the plurality of the votes but maybe just came extremely close. as far as full scale conspiracies to deprive a clear winner of the presidency. i dont think any has ever happened. 
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2010, 09:37:56 PM »

10 plus, definatley
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2010, 01:56:30 PM »

Name 11 of those elections, then.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »
« Edited: July 26, 2010, 11:54:36 AM by Grumpy Gramps »

Could be, but its still wrong. As much as I dislike it, Bush won reelection fair and square (within the bounds of doing a hatchet job on a war veteran's genuinely heroic service which was both slimy and, considering W.'s activities and whereabouts during Vietnam, shamelessly hypocritical as hell, but whatever).

I thought Bush asked the Swifties to stop running their ads?  No?  

The flip-flopper thing was fair game as was tax and spend liberal.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2010, 03:09:32 PM »

1876 and 1960.

Let's face it, if people had "voting rights" back in 1876 then there is no way Louisiana, Florida, or South Carolina would go for the Hayes.

In 1960 Kennedy made a deal with Daley to help him carry Illinois, simple. 
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2010, 04:50:02 PM »

1876 and 1960.

Let's face it, if people had "voting rights" back in 1876 then there is no way Louisiana, Florida, or South Carolina would go for the Hayes.

In 1960 Kennedy made a deal with Daley to help him carry Illinois, simple. 

1876--Whites were allowed to vote throughout the South in 1876. Blacks weren't. Whites were Democrats back then. Blacks were Republicans.
1960--JFK would have won even without IL. Look at the EV totals.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2010, 07:02:22 AM »

1824 and 1988 weren't stolen, you can only blame non-democratic system for popular vote loser becaming President.

1876 was stolen by both sides, but Republicans were better in stealing.

Also, 1960 and 2000 were stolen for sure.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2010, 08:18:50 AM »

Also, 1960 and 2000 were stolen for sure.

Please, not you too !
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:42 AM »

1876, maybe 2000.

As many have said, yes, Illinois was most likely stolen by Kennedy in 1960, but he won anyway without the state. And while I'm reasonably confident Texas wasn't stolen, LBJ probably would have stolen it if he had needed to- he had done so in 1948 in his Senate race, and wasn't exactly known for his ethics.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies