Ultimate profile
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:05:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  About this Site
  Talk Elections Q & A
  How To (Moderator: Virginiá)
  Ultimate profile
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Ultimate profile  (Read 1991 times)
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 27, 2010, 09:28:40 AM »

...Mine isn't working. After I check "enable ultimate profile" and then click "change profile" it does nothing.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:01:48 PM »

I hated my ultimate profile as I couldn't easily edit, I'd always have to click on something like pictures to access the menu, so I switched it back.
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »

problem solved.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »

I hated my ultimate profile as I couldn't easily edit, I'd always have to click on something like pictures to access the menu, so I switched it back.

what do you mean?
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:24:30 PM »
« Edited: June 29, 2010, 09:34:04 PM by Lunar »

what do you mean?

Whoops!  I just checked again by switching and searching my profile page for the word "modify" and it's actually at the very bottom of my profile!  I just couldn't find it before.  It used to be very prominently displayed on a left-column menu when I clicked , and I had trouble finding it originally, such that I would click on "My Pictures" to generate the left-hand column menu I was familiar with, and what actually appears throughout the rest of the interior of a user editing their profile outside of that one landing page -- the fact that everything else had remained consistent throughout the interior menu except the landing page had convinced me that something was screwy, but the initial edit options were just pushed all the way down.

I'm used to my love for Chrome being the bane of such problems Smiley

I guess from a QA perspective [and this isn't to nitpick or be whiny, but I have to QA websites occasionally], while certainly not a bug, it's not the easiest thing in the world to find, as I have to scroll through basically every other piece of information before the menu links appear, from the pictures I've uploaded, to my friends, to a map of the place I live, before I get the ability to click on a link to edit my profile, after already clicking on the  button.  As pretty much the only reason I click on that option is to edit my profile rather than to view the aesthetics of how my public information is viewed by other people, I guess it would be more intuitive for my particular case for the modify options like Account Related Settings, Forum Profile Information, Look and Layout Preferences, Atlas Options, ectc., to be near the top of the screen?  Everywhere else in the user-edit admin, my profile works with a left-hand column of edit options at the top of the screen, but when I click  I have to scroll all the way down to a bottom-based system that reverts to a left-column based system if I click on any of the options, when the old system was 100% consistent with a left-column interior menu, which created the confusion [and me being an idiot helped too!]. 

I was just confused, whoops
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

That may not make any sense, I kept editing it.

I have the tools to take screenshots to demonstrate what I mean visually in like 10 seconds if you'd like.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies