2012 Presidential Election TL
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 24, 2024, 08:24:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2012 Presidential Election TL
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: How's This TL?
Great, Continue

Good, Continue

Ok, Continue

Terrible, Stop Now!

Option 1-3, but Stop

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 26

Author Topic: 2012 Presidential Election TL  (Read 25145 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2010, 08:32:17 PM »

Why isn't Obama running for reelection?

I don't think it's realistic. Anyway good job!

With a still terrible economy, debt so high, violence mounting in the middle east and all of Obama's big government policies have failed to be welcomed by the nation, he would have a very hard time being re-elected and this way still has the potential to make a comeback later

A-Bob, I was with you, until you said that.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2010, 10:19:32 PM »

With a still terrible economy, debt so high, violence mounting in the middle east and all of Obama's big government policies have failed to be welcomed by the nation, he would have a very hard time being re-elected and this way still has the potential to make a comeback later

about a potential comeback? in all honesty I wouldn't see it, however I could see people convincing him he could step aside, let Hillary bring back a good economy and then run later aka the potential to run
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2010, 10:37:49 PM »

about a potential comeback? in all honesty I wouldn't see it, however I could see people convincing him he could step aside, let Hillary bring back a good economy and then run later aka the potential to run

Not the potential comeback, although, I don't think Michelle would let him run again.

I don't want to start a debate on your timeline, but I don't think he would back Hillary. Regardless, whatever pops your shutter.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2010, 11:27:30 PM »

Not the potential comeback, although, I don't think Michelle would let him run again.

I don't want to start a debate on your timeline, but I don't think he would back Hillary. Regardless, whatever pops your shutter.

Truthfully I started this for mroe of the GOP primaries and only recently came up with the idea of him dropping out. I was considering it for some time and thought it would add some action to the race especially on the dem side
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2010, 12:18:48 PM by Mideast Assemblyman A-Bob »

Early March
John Thune endorses Mitt Romney in Washington, a major blow to Mitch Daniel’s Midwest campaign. Mitt is the man to lead a fiscally responsible movement in Washington. We need him now more than over to fix this mess the liberals have created.

Newt Gingrich cancels multiple rallies and events in Washington right before the next primaries. The media is speculating on why he would do this from having an affair to being ill. This is seen as a blessing to both Romney and Daniels who much need to pick up states and momentum.

George Pataki changes strategy after Newt Gingrich seems to be out for the moment and heads to Washington in hopes of taking a strong second or first.

Newt Gingrich spokesperson announces he has a cold and will be back on the campaign trail fully in a few days, he also won’t cancel his fundraisers.

Washington
Mitt Romney 27%
George Pataki 24%
Newt Gingrich 23%
Mitch Daniels 18%
Gary Johnson 4%

Utah
Mitt Romney 48%
Mitch Daniels 19%
Newt Gingrich 16%
George Pataki 10%
Gary Johnson 3%

Kansas
Mitch Daniels 32%
Newt Gingrich 29%
Mitt Romney 20%
George Pataki 12%
Gary Johnson 4%

Newt Gingrich focuses on Missouri and New Jersey after a setback with the previous primaries, there was not enough time for him to hit all three potential pick-ups hard. Gingrich made a statement to the press that he is feeling much better and is ready to win the White House.

Sources say George W Bush is considering endorsing George Pataki or Mitch Daniels, but will most likely wait until one drops out do to his relations with both. Sources say he leans Pataki as he considered picking him for Vice President in 2000.

John McCain endorses Mitch Daniels in Missouri. I could not sit by any longer, there is a bitter primary going on and we need to unite behind someone that can take down Hillary Clinton and the democratic money machine and I know Mitch Daniels can stand up to that and win!McCain promises months earlier he would stay out of the race.

Pundits predict someone will drop out of the race after the next slate of primaries. In Missouri, Gingrich and Daniels will battle it out. In Wisconsin, Romney and Daniels (with a potential strong Gingrich placing) will battle it out and in New Jersey Pataki, Gingrich and Romney will fight for first. All three states are extremely important to all four campaigns. Pundits say due to Gingrich’s cold which is now rumored to have been the flu, his lose in Washington gave momentum to Romney and it may cost Gingrich all three states which he could have won all three and locked up the nomination with much quicker.

Missouri
Mitch Daniels 30%
Newt Gingrich 29%
Mitt Romney 21%
George Pataki 13%
Gary Johnson 4%

Wisconsin
Mitch Daniels 27%
Mitt Romney 24%
Newt Gingrich 23%
George Pataki 18%
Gary Johnson 5%

New Jersey
Mitt Romney 27%
George Pataki 26%
Newt Gingrich 25%
Mitch Daniels 13%
Gary Johnson 6%

Pundits predict after tonight’s results that the race will come down to Gingrich or Daniels v.s. Romney or Pataki. All four candidates cannot stay in the race and win a majority before the convention. If one candidate drops and backs another, the race will almost surely come to a quick conclusion however none of the four want to drop.

Delegate Count
Gingrich 535 (Green)
Romney 365 (Red)
Daniels 207 (Yellow)
Pataki 176 (Brown)
 Snowe 23 (Blue)
Johnson 8
DeMint 6

Gingrich-Green
Romney-Red
Pataki-Brown
Daniels-Yellow
Johnson-Dark Green

National Polling
Newt Gingrich 28%
Mitt Romney 25%
George Pataki 22%
Mitch Daniels 20%
Gary Johnson 5%
liberalkid
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -7.65

« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2010, 05:01:52 PM »

great timeline.. but give Dennis a reasonable chance to win
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2010, 05:45:14 PM »

great timeline.. but give Dennis a reasonable chance to win

I'll give him a resonable chance to win 20% in Hawaii and maybe Oregon if he trys hard...but there is no chance he would ever win the presidency in RL
redcommander
YaBB God
« Reply #82 on: July 19, 2010, 09:08:52 PM »

Hoping for a Romney win. Daniels's campaign may probably have been given the kiss of death now that McCain endorsed him.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2010, 10:47:21 PM »

Late March
Speaker Eric Cantor endorses Newt Gingrich. I am confident that our nominee will not only be Newt Gingrich, but our next President will be Newt Gingrich and I cannot wait to get to work with him next session in passing a balanced budget, sensible health care reform and work for a strong economy.

Hawaii
Mitt Romney 31%
George Pataki 30%
Newt Gingrich 17%
Mitch Daniels 11%
Gary Johnson 9%

Wyoming
Newt Gingrich 28%
Mitt Romney 27%
Mitch Daniels 25%
George Pataki 10%
Gary Johnson 7%

Pundits say the key results to watch in the upcoming primaries will be Minnesota and West Virginia. Minnesota is a three man race between Daniels the current leader in the polls, Romney and Pataki while West Virginia is a tossup up with current leader Daniels, Gingrich and possibility Romney. If any campaign can win both states as well as Tennessee and or New York, the momentum will clearly be on their side and will most likely force a candidate(s) to drop out. If Daniels cannot win in Minnesota or West Virginia, the campaign will surely be over.

Senate President Pro Tem Orrin Hatch endorses Mitt Romney in West Virginia. Mitt is a man of integrity, of hard work and of a strong background. He is exactly what our nation needs and he is the man to fight the democrats in the fall.

Minnesota
Mitt Romney 27%
Mitch Daniels 26%
George Pataki 21%
Newt Gingrich 16%
Gary Johnson 8%

Tennessee
Newt Gingrich 34%
Mitch Daniels 27%
Mitt Romney 20%
George Pataki 12%
Gary Johnson 4%

West Virginia
Mitch Daniels 30%
Newt Gingrich 26%
Mitt Romney 25%
George Pataki 12%
Gary Johnson 4%

New York
George Pataki 41%
Mitt Romney 19%
Newt Gingrich 17%
Mitch Daniels 13%
Gary Johnson 7%

George Pataki withdraws from the race. Tonight we won, but not enough. There will be more battles to fight, we lost this one, but we won’t lose the war because in November, we will win to victory! All candidates are calling on Pataki for his support. Pataki did not say who he would support. Pataki’s delegates will change the race drastically, he has moved from trying to become the king, to the king maker.

Delegate Count
Gingrich 606 (Green)
Romney 436 (Red)
Daniels 261 (Yellow)
Pataki 254 (Brown)
 Snowe 23 (Blue)
Johnson 9
DeMint 6

Gingrich-Green
Romney-Red
Daniels-Yellow
Johnson-Dark Green

National Polling
Mitt Romney 36%
Newt Gingrich 36%
Mitch Daniels 21%
Gary Johnson 7%
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2010, 11:07:02 PM »

Pataki's getting a position in the new administration if they win haha
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #85 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:50 AM »

Pataki's getting a position in the new administration if they win haha

Wink
GLPman
United States

« Reply #86 on: July 21, 2010, 11:20:23 AM »

Good so far, keep it up.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 24, 2010, 04:27:14 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2010, 12:45:10 PM by Mideast Assemblyman A-Bob »

Early April
George Pataki says he is still undecided on who he would support.

Five suspected terrorists that were working for Al Qaeda were detained by the FBI. They were planning to set a bomb off in San Diego. The terrorists came up through Mexico and over the border illegally to get through the country. The anti-illegal immigration wing of the GOP went in uproar. Newt Gingrich takes the opportunity to point out he has always supported enforcing existing laws and protecting our borders for the sake of national security. Gary Johnson will surely take a hit in his home state of New Mexico seeing that he opposed the 2010 Arizona law.

Barack Obama stated The men in this incident will go to the courts. We will follow our laws and make sure that justice is done fairly. I can assure you that law enforcement is doing everything it should and that there should be no fear. We have the situation under control. All candidates attacked the President’s weak response. Hillary Clinton stated she wants to see swift and hard justice. The United States does not tolerate terrorists.

Idaho
Mitt Romney 40%
Mitch Daniels 29%
Newt Gingrich 23%
Gary Johnson 6%

New Mexico
Mitt Romney 30%
Gary Johnson 28%
Newt Gingrich 26%
Mitch Daniels 14%

Louisiana
Newt Gingrich 40%
Mitch Daniels 31%
Mitt Romney 23%
Gary Johnson 4%

Mississippi
Newt Gingrich 42%
Mitch Daniels 29%
Mitt Romney 24%
Gary Johnson 3%

Chuck Norris endorses Mitch Daniels.

Mitt Romney is stretched thin between Pennsylvania and South Dakota while Daniels only focuses on South Dakota and Newt Gingrich solely on Pennsylvania. If Romney can win both states it will be a clear sign he has become the front-runner, even if he has not caught up in delegates yet. If Romney loses both races, then we may see some change in campaign leadership.

Two more suspected terrorists were arrested in San Diego. In a warehouse parts of a dirty bomb were found and it was clear the remaining terrorists were finishing the task of assembling it to blow up in downtown. Had the bomb gone off in a “perfect storm” it was estimated 10,000-20,000 civilians would have been killed or injured.

While usually there is a “rally around the flag” approval boost for Presidents in situations like this, the President’s approvals plummeted when the second group of terrorists were arrested after the president assured the public everything was under control even though the bomb was almost ready to be set off.

Approval Favorability Ratings Approve/Disapprove
Barack Obama 36/57
Hillary Clinton 46/48
Newt Gingrich 49/47
Mitt Romney 46/46
Mitch Daniels 50/45
Gary Johnson 39/51

Pennsylvania
Newt Gingrich 37%
Mitt Romney 33%
Mitch Daniels 24%
Gary Johnson 4%

South Dakota
Mitch Daniels 33%
Mitt Romney 32%
Newt Gingrich 20%
Gary Johnson 13%

Mitt Romney replaces the majority of his campaign leadership team saying it was time for a shakeup.

Delegate Count
Gingrich 705 (Green)
Romney 520 (Red)
Daniels 328 (Yellow)
Pataki 254 (Brown)
 Snowe 23 (Blue)
Johnson 21
DeMint 6

Gingrich-Green
Romney-Red
Daniels-Yellow
Johnson-Dark Green

National Polling
Newt Gingrich 38%
Mitt Romney 34%
Mitch Daniels 23%
Gary Johnson 5%
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #88 on: July 24, 2010, 05:27:02 PM »

ROMNEY!!!! Cheesy
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #89 on: July 24, 2010, 09:37:03 PM »

Approval Ratings Approve/Disapprove
Barack Obama 36/57
Hillary Clinton 46/48
Newt Gingrich 49/47
Mitt Romney 46/46
Mitch Daniels 50/45
Gary Johnson 39/51

You can't have job approval ratings if you don't have a job.  "Approval rating" means the %age of people who approve of the job you're doing as president, secretary of state, or whatever.  There's no such thing as an approval rating for a former speaker of the House or a former governor who doesn't currently hold office.

There is a separate thing called a "favorability rating", which you can have regardless of whether you hold office or not, and this is different from approval ratings.  Obama's job approval #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-obama.php

whereas his favorability #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/fav-obama.php

His favorability #s have typically higher than his job approval #s, though that won't necessarily always be the case.  During the later Clinton years, Clinton's job approval #s are much higher than his favorability #s.  That's because people thought he did a good job as president, even though they thought he was scum in his personal life.

Mitt Romney's favorability #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/fav-romney.php

but he doesn't have a job approval number because he doesn't have a job.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2010, 12:44:26 PM »

Approval Ratings Approve/Disapprove
Barack Obama 36/57
Hillary Clinton 46/48
Newt Gingrich 49/47
Mitt Romney 46/46
Mitch Daniels 50/45
Gary Johnson 39/51

You can't have job approval ratings if you don't have a job.  "Approval rating" means the %age of people who approve of the job you're doing as president, secretary of state, or whatever.  There's no such thing as an approval rating for a former speaker of the House or a former governor who doesn't currently hold office.

There is a separate thing called a "favorability rating", which you can have regardless of whether you hold office or not, and this is different from approval ratings.  Obama's job approval #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-obama.php

whereas his favorability #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/fav-obama.php

His favorability #s have typically higher than his job approval #s, though that won't necessarily always be the case.  During the later Clinton years, Clinton's job approval #s are much higher than his favorability #s.  That's because people thought he did a good job as president, even though they thought he was scum in his personal life.

Mitt Romney's favorability #s are here:

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/fav-romney.php

but he doesn't have a job approval number because he doesn't have a job.

Thanks for that
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2010, 06:35:42 PM »

Late April
Newt Gingrich is accused of improperly using campaign funds to pay for personal trips during the campaign to Georgia and Martha’s Vineyard. The trip to Martha’s Vineyard was deemed as a vacation, the mysterious trip to Atlanta has been speculated that Gingrich was paying a visit to a former or current mistress. The Gingrich campaign said they are currently investigation these accusations and stated that they have found no laws were broken.

Gingrich said the trips were campaign related as he was visiting “potential donors.”  Both Daniels and Romney loosely attacked Gingrich with Romney saying that if any laws were broken, Gingrich should be held accountable. Daniels stated that while I do not want to speculate, I do believe there should be further investigation.

After further media investigation, it was concluded that the trip to Martha’s Vineyard was a campaign trip. Gingrich and his wife met with potential major donors in the coal, oil and fishing industries. The Gingrich campaign commented, The Martha’s Vineyard trip was strictly campaign related with no federal, state or local laws broken. The trip was used as time strategize for the campaign and the final primary stretch which included discussing campaign finances. The Gingrich spokesperson would not comment on the Atlanta trip past, No laws were broken and no funds were misused. We have made it clear that these trips are none issues so we will be getting back to the issues, what Americans care to hear about from Newt.

Texas
Newt Gingrich 33%
Mitch Daniels 32%
Mitt Romney 30%
Gary Johnson 5%

Ohio
Mitch Daniels 33%
Newt Gingrich 31%
Mitt Romney 31%
Gary Johnson 5%

Vermont
Mitt Romney 37%
Gary Johnson 30%
Mitch Daniels 19%
Newt Gingrich 14%

Rhode Island
Mitt Romney 38%
Newt Gingrich 27%
Mitch Daniels 24%
Gary Johnson 11%

Newt Gingrich goes on O’Reilly. Now I want to clear up everything that has been speculated. My campaign looked at the law, and we have come to the conclusion that no laws were broken. That trip to Massachusetts was strictly campaign related. Now I’m not going to discuss the specifics because Mitch Daniels and Mitt Romney are watching this right now probably and it had to do with winning the primary and our strategy. I will say that there is nothing to hide. In Massachusetts I talked to potential donors, we worked on campaign strategy and we discussed the road ahead of us after the primary. O’Reilly pressed for what happened on the mysterious Atlanta trip. Gingrich replied, Once again, nothing done was unlawful. And I can tell you the media doesn’t have their facts straight because I didn’t spend the trip in Atlanta. Now the reason I kept this quiet is specifically because I didn’t want the media there for when I did this, but I went to Fort Benning to watch the son of a close family friend of mine and Callista’s graduate from boot camp before being deployed. Now I knew the media would make it look like I was politicizing this which is why I strictly kept it quiet. I still have some rights as a candidate and whatever glimpse of privacy left. Yes, this party of the Atlanta trip was personal, and I didn’t use campaign funds to get me there. The campaign paid for the flight to Atlanta because I went to talk to state lawmakers there and then I got myself to Fort Benning with my personal funds. As far as I can tell nothing is unlawful. Gingrich would not state who the son was stating that he didn’t want to bring the family attention and have reporters knocking on their doors at all hours of the night.

The FEC announced they would investigate the two trips to determine if anything in fact was unlawful.

Virginia
Newt Gingrich 38%
Mitt Romney 34%
Mitch Daniels 24%
Gary Johnson 4%

Maryland
Mitt Romney 39%
Newt Gingrich 28%
Gary Johnson 17%
Mitch Daniels 16%

D.C.
Mitt Romney 38%
Gary Johnson 30%
Mitch Daniels 16%
Newt Gingrich 16%

Delegate Count
Gingrich 838 (Green)
Romney 661 (Red)
Daniels 419 (Yellow)
Pataki 254 (Brown)
Johnson 40
 Snowe 23 (Blue)
 DeMint 6

Gingrich-Green
Romney-Red
Daniels-Yellow
Johnson-Dark Green

National Polling
Newt Gingrich 33%
Mitt Romney 33%
Mitch Daniels 27%
Gary Johnson 7%
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2010, 07:38:54 PM »

What is the number of delegates necessary to win the nomination?

I'm excited for the GOP convention.
Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »

Rooting for Mitch on this one (though his chances are looking slimmer). The GOP needs fresh, proven faces.
Me too, though his only chance is as a compromise candidate if the electors are deadlocked between Romney and Gingrich.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2010, 07:18:43 AM »

Gary Johnson should be out by now. The dudes gotta be out of money.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2010, 12:38:44 PM »

Gary Johnson should be out by now. The dudes gotta be out of money.

Ron Paul's movement is backing him though
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2010, 12:40:43 PM »

What is the number of delegates necessary to win the nomination?

I'm excited for the GOP convention.

1,191. I went by 2008 numbers and for the states as well, that's how I came up with current numbers. I should have showed you how many delegates I gave for who for each state, but I forgot to at the beginning so it made no sense to show it now.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2010, 10:26:12 PM »

Early May
Gary Johnson supporters host a “May Day: New America” money bomb for Johnson and raise $2.6 million. Johnson says if he does not finish strong in the next set of primaries he will drop out.

Oregon
Mitt Romney 36%
Newt Gingrich 26%
Mitch Daniels 25%
Gary Johnson 13%

The FEC stated the Martha’s Vineyard trip did not violate any finance laws however, the public was not as receptive to Gingrich meeting in secret with major donors that control large energy and fishing industries. The FEC says there will be need for further investigation in the Georgia trip as Gingrich did in fact do campaign related events and activities in Atlanta, but also went to Fort Benning on his own time, separate from the campaign. While Gingrich did pay for transportation to and from Atlanta, it is unclear yet if the campaign’s plane from Pennsylvania which made the stop in Atlanta before heading to Texas was lawful. Sources in the FEC say while there is more legal work to be done, they are positive no laws were broken in either trip.

Gingrich stated on Meet The Press The facts are right there. It’s clear. Nothing was done unlawfully. Why does everyone care about this so much when the FEC even just said nothing was done unlawfully. I just don’t get why the Press cares so much about a non-issue that has been put to rest by investigators. Yes, character matters. And this just proves I have some so let’s get back to the issues.

The DOW rises to 11,000. Unemployment drops to 8.6%. The war in Afghanistan is becoming increasingly more violent as troops prepare to leave. Obama says by the time American forces leave, the situation will be under control. All Republican blasted the President’s remarks as absurd and blinding to the facts. Clinton stated the U.S. focus in the region should be diplomatic first as well as assistant to these new democratic governments.

Head-to-head match-ups
Gingrich 46% Clinton 45%
Romney 46% Clinton 46%
Daniels 47% Clinton 45%
Johnson 41% Clinton 49%

Mitch Daniels pulled out an outstanding performance at the debate. Romney also recieved positive ratings and Newt Gingrich was given lukewarm ratings, but labeled as a terrible performance for Newt. With Newt off his game slightly, Daniels pulled in a win setting himself up as a common sense fiscal conservative right from the people.

Nebraska
Mitch Daniels 37%
Newt Gingrich 29%
Mitt Romney 29%
Gary Johnson 5%

Kentucky
Mitch Daniels 39%
Newt Gingrich 30%
Mitt Romney 24%
Gary Johnson 7%

Gary Johnson announces he will drop out of the race. Johnson endorses Mitch Daniels. I only see one candidate in the race left that cares the slightest about your freedoms and personal liberties and that’s Mitch Daniels. I ask all my delegates to vote Daniels at the convention.

Delegate Count
Gingrich 875 (Green)
Romney 691 (Red)
Daniels 508 (Yellow)
Pataki 277 (Brown)
Johnson 41 {Delegates Transferred to Daniels}
 Snowe 23 (Blue) {Delegates Transferred to Pataki}
 DeMint 6  {Delegates Transferred to Gingrich}

Gingrich-Green
Romney-Red
Daniels-Yellow

National Polling
Newt Gingrich 34%
Mitt Romney 33%
Mitch Daniels 33%

Yelnoc
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »

Go Mitch!
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 10:17:13 PM »

Late May
Mitt Romney says he is looking at Vice Presidential picks and will announce his choice before the convention. It is almost certain at this moment the fight for the nomination will head to the convention floor unless someone drops out and endorses another candidate. Gingrich could clinch the nomination possibly after the final primaries if Pataki asks his delegates to vote for him.

The FEC finishes its investigation and concludes that no finance laws were broken by the Gingrich campaign or Gingrich himself.

CNN and Fox News obtained a partial list of potential VP picks for Mitt Romney. The list includes Senator Dick Lugar of Indiana, Governor Jodi Rell of Connecticut, Senator Olympia Snowe of Maine, Governor Rick Perry of Texas, Rep. Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee and Rep. Michelle Bachmann of Minnesota. The Romney campaign responded hours later that this is not their potential VP list and it was created as a media hoax. The Romney campaign failed to comment if any of the names on the media obtained list were being considered by Romney as potential VPs.

Eric Cantor announced that the GOP and fiscally responsible democrats are working together to drain wasteful spending that the public does not want including any more stimulus dollars unspent and ObamaCare. Cantor said that the Congress cannot wait for a fiscally conservative, responsible and sane President who understands what America wants and needs.

Cantor is deemed by the press as a must on all three candidate’s VP lists do to his strong presences as Speaker and toughness that reminds us all of when Newt Gingrich was Speaker fighting against Bill Clinton.

Indiana
Mitch Daniels 50%
Mitt Romney 27%
Newt Gingrich 23%

North Carolina
Newt Gingrich 40%
Mitch Daniels 34%
Mitt Romney 26%

Head-to-head match-ups
Gingrich 47% Clinton 46%
Romney 47% Clinton 47%
Daniels 49% Clinton 44%

Mitch Daniels holds a “Patriot Money Bomb” memorial weekday raising $9.8 million, mostly due to small contributions. Ron Paul/Gary Johnson supporters donated in masses as their leader pointed to Daniels as the only possible opportunity America would have to keep civil liberties.

While Daniels trails in the delegate count by a wide margin, he has momentum on his side going into the summer before the convention. If he can keep this momentum through the convention, he can easily take both Gingrich and Romney delegates to establish a majority.

Newt Gingrich met in a closed door meetings with Eric Cantor and Orrin Hatch, only a few top aides/staffers were allowed in the meeting. The media has speculated on what the meeting could have been about, probably giving Gingrich the nomination before the convention to avoid further splitting the party, but no sources that had any knowledge would comment.

Delegate Count
Gingrich 918 (Green)
Romney 718 (Red)
Daniels 562 (Yellow)
Pataki 277 (Brown)
Johnson 41 {Delegates Transferred to Daniels}
Snowe 23 (Blue) {Delegates Transferred to Pataki}
DeMint 6   {Delegates Transferred to Gingrich}

National Polling
Newt Gingrich 35%
Mitch Daniels 34%
Mitt Romney 31%