2008: Warner/Murray v. McCain/Hutchison
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:47:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  2008: Warner/Murray v. McCain/Hutchison
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2008: Warner/Murray v. McCain/Hutchison  (Read 1227 times)
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 21, 2010, 10:52:41 AM »

Democratic:
Fmr. Governor Mark Warner (Virginia)
Senator Patty Murray (Washington)

Republican:
Senator John McCain (Arizona)
Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison (Texas)
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 11:02:04 AM »

Warner wins 390-148
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 12:33:46 PM »

343-195
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:04:56 PM »

354-184
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 03:07:13 PM »
« Edited: June 21, 2010, 03:10:59 PM by Senator Libertas »

I think the decline in black turnout would counterbalance any slight white swing Warner would get compared to Obama in Missouri. It'd still be close though.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:11:22 PM »

I think the decline in black turnout would counterbalance any slight white swing Clinton would get compared to Obama in Missouri. It'd still be close though.

We're talking about Warner here, not Clinton. And since Warner was popular among rural whites in VA, I think he would do well enough with them in MO to offset the decline in black turnout and thus narrowly win the state.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 04:35:38 PM »

Was Patty Murray the one who referred to our troops as terrorists just before the 2002 midterm elections? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyways, it looks like Warner would have to change his running mate during the election year just like McGovern.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 10:29:36 PM »

Was Patty Murray the one who referred to our troops as terrorists just before the 2002 midterm elections? I don't remember the exact quote. Anyways, it looks like Warner would have to change his running mate during the election year just like McGovern.

I think you have the wrong Senator there. Murray's pretty much done jack s**t in office, talking included.

Anyway, Warner would win by a wide margin thanks to being Warner. He'd Southern-appeal his way to victory.
Vazdul (Formerly Chairman of the Communist Party of Ontario)
Vazdul
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2010, 10:48:47 PM »

She said that Osama bin Laden is popular in the Muslim world because he built infrastructure in Muslim countries, and that the US is not popular in Muslim world because we did not help build infrastructure in Muslim countries.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 10:54:31 PM »

She said that Osama bin Laden is popular in the Muslim world because he built infrastructure in Muslim countries, and that the US is not popular in Muslim world because we did not help build infrastructure in Muslim countries.

Well, there certainly wasn't much infastructure built in Afghanistan. Anyway, I don't think one stupid comment would hurt the Dems that much considering that Obama's past included much worse things and yet he still won in a landslide in the end.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »

See that would be in every ad.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 01:18:18 AM »

Reverend Wright wasn't in every McCain ad. Cheney telling Leahy to go fcuk himself didn't appear in every Kerry ad.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 06:54:04 PM »

Reverend Wright wasn't in every McCain ad. Cheney telling Leahy to go fcuk himself didn't appear in every Kerry ad.

That's too bad.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »

That's too bad.

You're missing my point.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies