If You Were Barry Goldwater's Campaign Manager in 1964... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:39:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  If You Were Barry Goldwater's Campaign Manager in 1964... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If You Were Barry Goldwater's Campaign Manager in 1964...  (Read 1957 times)
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« on: June 07, 2010, 11:26:34 AM »

I'd tell him to support the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (while simaultanously making clear that he opposed affiramtive action and welfare handouts). Also, I'd tell him to pick a charismatic moderate as VP, to aggressively respond to LBJ's smear tactics, and to avoid making stupid comments and try to moderate his image.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 04:13:17 PM »

I'd tell him to support the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (while simaultanously making clear that he opposed affiramtive action and welfare handouts). Also, I'd tell him to pick a charismatic moderate as VP, to aggressively respond to LBJ's smear tactics, and to avoid making stupid comments and try to moderate his image.

Sure, if he wanted the electoral map to look like this:

As least his reputation and legacy would have been better. He mgiht ahve been able to win some Midwestern and Western states in this scenario, though. Even though Goldy was pretty much screwed in 1964 no matter what.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies