JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 13, 2024, 04:02:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: JCP Convention Summer 2010: 8/19 Endorsements posted  (Read 31135 times)
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »

Aye
Aye
Nay

(btw, when we'll resolve Vice Chair thing?)

Do you mean, when will we vote on it? Presumably after we finish our bylaws and establish the rules for it. Everybody kind of prematurely started declaring for party offices out of the blue, but it's cool. Grin
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

Aye, aye, nay

Also I'll be writing more bylaws drafts tomorrow.
Ebowed
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 4.13, S: 2.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #202 on: July 13, 2010, 10:44:08 PM »

1) Shall the position of Party Secretary be created?
[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

2) Shall the position of Party Whip be created?
[  ] Aye
[X] Nay

3) Shall the positions of regional chairmen be abolished?
[  ] Aye
[X] Nay
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:59 AM »

Aye, Aye, Nay
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2010, 03:43:02 AM »

Nay
Aye
Nay
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2010, 07:29:10 AM »

Aye
Aye
Aye
hawkeye59
United States

« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2010, 07:34:05 AM »

The Secretary of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with maintaining communication within the party, to ensure that all party members are informed and kept aware of the actions and decisions of the party. He shall be responsible for maintaining a list of all JCP members, and shall assist the Chairman in preparing full agenda for Jesus Christ Party Conventions.

[ x ] Aye
[  ] Nay

The Whip of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with assisting the Chairman in recruiting Atlasians into the party as new members. He shall also be responsible for assisting party candidates with voter contact about elections.

[ x ] Aye
[  ] Nay

[  ] Aye
[ x ] Nay
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2010, 08:08:32 AM »

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay
Hans-im-Glück
Franken
Junior Chimp
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -5.94, S: -3.30

« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2010, 12:08:30 PM »

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay

[  ] Aye
[  ] Nay
[X] Abstain

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2010, 01:15:13 PM »

The Secretary of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with maintaining communication within the party, to ensure that all party members are informed and kept aware of the actions and decisions of the party. He shall be responsible for maintaining a list of all JCP members, and shall assist the Chairman in preparing full agenda for Jesus Christ Party Conventions.

[ X ] Aye
[  ] Nay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Whip of the Jesus Christ Party shall be tasked with assisting the Chairman in recruiting Atlasians into the party as new members. He shall also be responsible for assisting party candidates with voter contact about elections.

[ X ] Aye
[  ] Nay

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[  ] Aye
[  ] Nay
[X] Abstain
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2010, 01:56:12 PM »

[ X ] Aye
[  ] Nay

[ X ] Aye
[  ] Nay

[  ] Aye
[X] Nay
[  ] Abstain
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: July 15, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

This is pending the certification of Chairman Bgwah, but results of these votes seem to be as follows:

Question 1: 12 ayes, 3 nays
Question 2: 12 ayes, 2 nays, 1 abstention
Question 3: 3 ayes, 11 nays, 1 abstention

Pretty clear opinion from the party here, I think.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #212 on: July 15, 2010, 04:46:24 PM »

^ Indeed. 1 and 2 have passed and 3 has failed.

In that case, let us return to the draft Bacon King wrote...

As written by BK:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I would prefer changing election months for party officials to coincide with Presidential elections, though I would also include a "special" election next month to fill the positions and resolve all the offices people clearly want to run for!

Additionally, I would add a Clause G that says should an officer be removed (see F), the Chairman may appoint a replacement who will serve the remainder of the term.

I think when terms begin and end should also be defined. Perhaps the first Friday of the following month as is the case for federal offices? Leadership changes right before an election could be confusing.

I would also prefer people declaring for a party office themselves rather than by nomination, but I suppose this isn't terribly important to me.

I believe the DA and RPP both have their non-Chair positions appointed. Is that something we should consider? It doesn't really matter to me, just wondering.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #213 on: July 15, 2010, 08:30:11 PM »

As written by BK:

I would prefer changing election months for party officials to coincide with Presidential elections, though I would also include a "special" election next month to fill the positions and resolve all the offices people clearly want to run for!

Additionally, I would add a Clause G that says should an officer be removed (see F), the Chairman may appoint a replacement who will serve the remainder of the term.

I think when terms begin and end should also be defined. Perhaps the first Friday of the following month as is the case for federal offices? Leadership changes right before an election could be confusing.

I would also prefer people declaring for a party office themselves rather than by nomination, but I suppose this isn't terribly important to me.

I believe the DA and RPP both have their non-Chair positions appointed. Is that something we should consider? It doesn't really matter to me, just wondering.

To the issue of when the terms end and begin, how about beginning the Friday after an election (1 or 2 weeks), and ending the day before election.  There would be no officers in this short gap, but I doubt that it'd be a big deal.  And I support grouping the Federal and Party elections.  I will also support the appointment of officers only in the case of an officer resigning or is forced out of office.

I would also like to amend Clause E from a 1/5 signatures required to a 1/4 signatures required.  A more sizable majority makes a greater case for deposition.  I also think we should define procedure in the case of a resignation or impeachment.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2010, 09:55:51 AM »

So are we going to get any of this done?
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #215 on: July 20, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »

Ah, apologies, I've been a bit busy with real life issues (The Tulane website wasn't letting me register for my classes next semester; I've been on the phone with six different departments trying to figure it out and only now has it been fixed. This is AFTER, of course, an adviser misinformed me that I had a block on my registration due to some sort of outstanding debt that didn't even exist).

Nevertheless, I'll type out the rest of the bylaws pretty soon.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #216 on: July 20, 2010, 03:17:09 PM »

Ah, apologies, I've been a bit busy with real life issues (The Tulane website wasn't letting me register for my classes next semester; I've been on the phone with six different departments trying to figure it out and only now has it been fixed. This is AFTER, of course, an adviser misinformed me that I had a block on my registration due to some sort of outstanding debt that didn't even exist).

Nevertheless, I'll type out the rest of the bylaws pretty soon.

It's fine, I just thought the party completely forgot we had some reforming to do.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: July 20, 2010, 04:13:29 PM »

Does anybody else have anything to say about my proposed changes? If Bacon King doesn't mind I might just go ahead and amend them if nobody cares...
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #218 on: July 21, 2010, 09:36:52 AM »

As written by BK:

To the issue of when the terms end and begin, how about beginning the Friday after an election (1 or 2 weeks), and ending the day before election.  There would be no officers in this short gap, but I doubt that it'd be a big deal.  And I support grouping the Federal and Party elections.  I will also support the appointment of officers only in the case of an officer resigning or is forced out of office.

I would also like to amend Clause E from a 1/5 signatures required to a 1/4 signatures required.  A more sizable majority makes a greater case for deposition.  I also think we should define procedure in the case of a resignation or impeachment.

My two cents on the various proposals, FWIW:

I prefer bgwah's suggestion for the period of officers terms. We can and should avoid even brief periods of vacancy.

Bgwah also has the right idea to allow the Chair to appoint an interim officer to serve until the next convention, but this should include not only vacancies caused by an officer's involuntary removal pursuant to Section 2 Para F, but any resulting officer vacancy including voluntary resignation and the like. Otherwise any vacancy resulting from reasons other than removal for cause can't be filled until the next convention pursuant to Sec. 2 Para B.

I firmly believe we should elect non-Chair positions.

Maybe candidates could be nominated by anyone, including themselves, but any nomination must be seconded? This might avoid wasting time on 14-1 officer elections, but like Bgwah this isn't terribly important to me either.

Otherwise I like all Bgwah's suggestions and could go either way on whether the signature threshold for officer recall petitions should be 1/4 or 1/5 of party members.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: July 21, 2010, 09:52:53 AM »

As written by BK:

My two cents on the various proposals, FWIW:

I prefer bgwah's suggestion for the period of officers terms. We can and should avoid even brief periods of vacancy.

Bgwah also has the right idea to allow the Chair to appoint an interim officer to serve until the next convention, but this should include not only vacancies caused by an officer's involuntary removal pursuant to Section 2 Para F, but any resulting officer vacancy including voluntary resignation and the like. Otherwise any vacancy resulting from reasons other than removal for cause can't be filled until the next convention pursuant to Sec. 2 Para B.

I firmly believe we should elect non-Chair positions.

Maybe candidates could be nominated by anyone, including themselves, but any nomination must be seconded? This might avoid wasting time on 14-1 officer elections, but like Bgwah this isn't terribly important to me either.

Otherwise I like all Bgwah's suggestions and could go either way on whether the signature threshold for officer recall petitions should be 1/4 or 1/5 of party members.

I will support those proposals for appointing an officer, but only if and when one resigns or is impeached.  I will also concede to the proposed term durations.

I still stand by the change to 1/4 signature threshold in order to create a better and more solid reasoning for impeachment.  I also propose we fully define impeachment proceedings if we ever come upon the necessity.

I also like the idea of being nominated and seconded, but I'd like to say we have every candidate for each office get two endorsements in order to run.  Those who endorse will not be able to run for the same office, and it will make sure there are no massive 14-way elections.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #220 on: July 21, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »

For Vice Chair, Secretary and Whip we should elect them now and then on next convention for regular term
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #221 on: July 21, 2010, 11:08:35 AM »

For Vice Chair, Secretary and Whip we should elect them now and then on next convention for regular term

I thought we were  planning a special election for all offices sometime in the coming weeks.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2010, 12:17:52 PM »

I thought we were  planning a special election for all offices sometime in the coming weeks.

Oh, ok.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2010, 12:25:27 PM »

I still stand by the change to 1/4 signature threshold in order to create a better and more solid reasoning for impeachment.  I also propose we fully define impeachment proceedings if we ever come upon the necessity.

That's cool. While a 1/5 threshold wouldn't bother me, I'll likely support a 1/4 threshold if it comes to a vote.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2010, 02:09:00 PM »

I'll start working on my own version of the bylaws, so we'll have some options when it comes time to finalize.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies