Special Election Debate for 2nd District
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:59:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Special Election Debate for 2nd District
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Special Election Debate for 2nd District  (Read 1655 times)
badnarikin04

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2004, 05:48:19 PM »

Could you explain how withdrawing government support will make the lower classes of Atlasia better off?

The foremost reason I want the welfare system abolished is because it is unfair. We need to make it so that those in poverty will be able to get jobs. A free market allows more opportunity for all facets of society. More choice of products. More choice of merchants. Less restrictions in hiring. In my eyes, the top reason why our empoverished don't get hired is because of minimum wage. The regulations of the government are keeping our poor from the life they want. You don't know how absolute freedom will work until you try it.

Do you believe that all those who are poor and living off government assistance are people who don't work hard, or will you admit that some of them started out disadvantaged and it is not all their fault?

Everyone is different. It's hard to classify your average welfare recipient. I don't like to generalize. Some in poverty don't work hard, some are physically incapable of that, some have problem x, some have problem y, some of them just can't find a job in our terrible job market. An open market lifts work regulations and leaves a job for all these people.
badnarikin04

« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2004, 05:57:05 PM »

Badnarikin04:

Mr Badnarik, you have been highly critical of the Iraq war and said that it was a major policy mistake. What would you do in Iraq and how would you execute the war on terrorism?

We need to pull out of Iraq and let another country or establishment take over. A pestering foreign policy is the worst thing we can do right now in the war on terrorism. We need to focus not on seizing entire governments, but on ONLY the entities that perform direct attacks on our nation. Severe punishment of these people sends a message. Right now the message we're sending to them is "We're America, and we want to take over the world." Whether this is our intent or not, i'd bet you a few bucks that's what they're thinking. The message we need to be sending is "We're America, and if you kill our people, we'll kick your arse." I'm here to make sure there's more arse-whooping and less evil world conquest.
Siege40

Political Matrix
E: -6.25, S: -4.26

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2004, 06:50:16 PM »

Question to Gov. Siege:
Do you feel you are betraying the contract on which you were elected by not serving out your entire term as governor, when the people of your region elected you to serve them for the designated term?

To be frank, yes. I feel bad about moving on from the Governorship of the Northeast, I think there’s more work that needs to be done. However, it is my feeling that there are many competent people in the region that can take my place.

Siege 40:

Governor, do you think that you have enough experience for this post? Your only major public office is that of Governor and you have only been the sole Governor for around 3 months.

Yes. The Atlasian Government is very young. I’ve had the governorship for most of the age of the government. I think that I am perfectly read for this post, the founding members of Atlasia didn’t really have much experience, but they’ve done great work, and I hope to do the same with experience I have gained as Governor.

Siege
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies