KY: Research 2000: Paul still defeating Conway
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 28, 2023, 09:13:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  KY: Research 2000: Paul still defeating Conway
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: KY: Research 2000: Paul still defeating Conway  (Read 3107 times)
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2010, 01:51:54 PM »

Rand Paul (R) 44 (42)
Jack Conway (D) 40 (39)
Undecided 9

Favorable/Unfavorable

Paul 53/33 (56/27)
Conway 48/43 (46/44)

http://www.dailykos.com/statepoll/2010/5/26/KY/529

Double-yoo. Tee. Eff. on the fav/unfav numbers. Particularly Conway's. That's some unusually partisan judgment.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 02:01:05 PM »

Wait, I thought people were saying Rand Paul was finished after those vicious racist remarks he made on Rachel Madcow? Even Daily Kos still has him leading, haha.
Lief 🐋
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 02:09:19 PM »

Wait, I thought people were saying Rand Paul was finished after those vicious racist remarks he made on Rachel Madcow? Even Daily Kos still has him leading, haha.

If you look at the crosstabs, Paul's favorables among independents and Democrats has fallen, while his racist comments have seemingly fired up the base, making up for it with increased favorability amongst Republicans.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:16 PM »

Wow, Paul's lead is down to 4? I must have missed something. Tongue Better go catch up!
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2010, 02:11:30 PM »

Seems like only Democrats care about the civil rights thing. Which is pretty much to be expected in Kentucky.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 02:17:22 PM »

Wow, Paul's lead is down to 4? I must have missed something. Tongue Better go catch up!

The last Research 2000/Daily Kos poll, taken before he even won the primary, had Paul leading Conway by 3 points.

Evidently, after all the media brouhaha, nothing much has changed.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 02:27:11 PM »

Seems like only Democrats care about the civil rights thing. Which is pretty much to be expected in Kentucky.

Howard Feinman said Paul's candidacy would suffer only if people perceived he was embarrassing Kentucky before the rest of the country.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Depressing, but at least it's close.
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 02:36:19 PM »

Depressing, but at least it's close.

I feel as if Rand needs at least two additional major stumbles, well-timed, for Conway to have a shot at it.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 02:40:17 PM »

Evidently, after all the media brouhaha, nothing much has changed.

DailyKos was kind enough to poll the health care issue too, by the way:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

That's why Paul still leads, and that's why he's still the favorite in November. Conway is screwed on the issues that will actually be bringing people out to the polls. No one is going to be voting in 2010 based on a 1964 bill. (And those who are weren't going to vote for a Republican like Rand Paul anyway.)

Howard Feinman said Paul's candidacy would suffer only if people perceived he was embarrassing Kentucky before the rest of the country.

Will Kentucky be embarrassed by the national exposure, or resentful of the national media? Did public opinion of the Arizona law change because of the national exposure?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:11 PM »

Oh, the front page on DailyKos says the race is 44-40, but the crosstabs say 44-41.

I'm inclined to believe the crosstabs, but this could use some clarification.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

I'm surprised that people still consider Rand Paul as a shoo-in for election.
There is a reason why McConnel and national Republicans rallied against him in the primary, and why people like David Frum and Jim Geraghty aren't too bullish about his chances in November.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 03:01:57 PM »

There is a reason why McConnel and national Republicans rallied against him in the primary, and why people like David Frum and Jim Geraghty aren't too bullish about his chances in November.

The reason why those "national Republicans" rallied against him was because they are scared neocons and they wanted their subservient puppet Grayson rather than loose cannon Paul.
Lief 🐋
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 03:03:29 PM »

The guy who wants Guantanamo to stay open and feels the Congress should not be able to tell the President what to do in Afghanistan and Iraq is not a Neocon???
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 03:06:36 PM »

Will Kentucky be embarrassed by the national exposure, or resentful of the national media? Did public opinion of the Arizona law change because of the national exposure?

I suppose it's a question of whether Paul plays into stereotypes in a way that embarrasses voters, or in a way that makes them rally around him. This would depend on how effectively he protects his own dignity.
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 03:10:01 PM »

I suppose it's a question of whether Paul plays into stereotypes in a way that embarrasses voters, or in a way that makes them rally around him. This would depend on how effectively he protects his own dignity.

I would certainly expect someone like Paul to dig in his heels and not waffle on his beliefs no matter what the public opinion of him is. That should help his cause, I think.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »

The guy who wants Guantanamo to stay open and feels the Congress should not be able to tell the President what to do in Afghanistan and Iraq is not a Neocon???
Paul has yet to serve in any political office, so it is impossible to know exactly what sort of positions he will take. It is understandable that he will have to espouse some unfortunate views in order to get elected in an authoritarian state like Kentucky.

He is up against radical authoritarian Jack Conway now, after all.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »

The reason why those "national Republicans" rallied against him was because they are scared neocons and they wanted their subservient puppet Grayson rather than loose cannon Paul.

Thanks for agreeing with me.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 03:51:04 PM »

Thanks for agreeing with me.

No, I disagreed with you. They feared Paul over ideology not over electability.
Lief 🐋
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »

Paul has yet to serve in any political office, so it is impossible to know exactly what sort of positions he will take. It is understandable that he will have to espouse some unfortunate views in order to get elected in an authoritarian state like Kentucky.

Do you have any proof that he does not actually hold these views?
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 03:59:18 PM »

Does it even matter? I wouldn't expect a flip flop on any of those issues once elected.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »

There is no proof one way or the other considering he has never held elected office before.

Since I don't live in Kentucky, it's not an issue I'm going to be faced with in November.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 04:32:53 PM »

So are we to assume the Rasmussen poll that had Paul leading Conway 59%-34% a fluke or something? Research 2000's polling didn't really change that much after Rand Paul's dreadful first week.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 04:45:58 PM »

Even Chuck Todd acknowledges that Ras has a very bad month and that their numbers are "atrocious".
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:19 PM »

So are we to assume the Rasmussen poll that had Paul leading Conway 59%-34% a fluke or something? Research 2000's polling didn't really change that much after Rand Paul's dreadful first week.

Well whoever put the poll title "Kos: Paul's lead down to 3 pt" clearly had an agenda, considering it's the same margin Kos had last time.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies