Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:31:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 15 Down, 35 To Go)
  Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: years?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 29

Author Topic: Will we see another (former) First Lady run for President within the next 100  (Read 8009 times)
Derek
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2010, 09:49:28 AM »

I'm telling you we haven't put her away yet. There is still work to be done.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2010, 12:43:30 PM »

Hillary in 2012. Remember that meeting on a Saturday night between Hillary and Obama. I'm telling you it was either an agreement or Obama found a scandal that the Clintons couldn't overcome at that time.

Ya I beleive Hillary will run again also.

If Hilalry will run again, it certainly won't be in 2012, unless Obama's approvals are consistenly below 40%, which I don't see happening. Even the extremely unpopular Jimmy Carter managed to defeat Ted Kennedy in the Democratic priamries in 1980.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »

Hillary in 2012. Remember that meeting on a Saturday night between Hillary and Obama. I'm telling you it was either an agreement or Obama found a scandal that the Clintons couldn't overcome at that time.

If Hilalry will run again, it certainly won't be in 2012, unless Obama's approvals are consistenly below 40%, which I don't see happening. Even the extremely unpopular Jimmy Carter managed to defeat Ted Kennedy in the Democratic priamries in 1980.

That's Ted Kennedy. Killing the girl by wrecking his CAW into the water wasn't going over well with the people. I don't care if Obama's numbers go back up to the upper 50's. Do not ever misunderestimate that woman's ambitions or intentions. I'm telling you she's dangerous.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2010, 03:01:59 PM »

That's Ted Kennedy. Killing the girl by wrecking his CAW into the water wasn't going over well with the people. I don't care if Obama's numbers go back up to the upper 50's. Do not ever misunderestimate that woman's ambitions or intentions. I'm telling you she's dangerous.

And I'm telling you she won't run against Obama in 2012, barring some completely unanticipated circumstances. She might run for President again later on, but not in 2012.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2010, 03:37:12 PM »

And I'm telling you she won't run against Obama in 2012, barring some completely unanticipated circumstances. She might run for President again later on, but not in 2012.

She'd be 69 in 2016.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2010, 04:03:06 PM »

She'd be 69 in 2016.

I know. That's the same age Reagan was when he was first elected. I'm not saying it's a guarantee she will run in 2016, but it's a possibility and much more likely than her running in 2012.
cpeeks
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2010, 11:05:32 AM »

Wait she's dangerous but the neo-cons are not? OMG

Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2010, 12:28:41 PM »

She'd be 69 in 2016.

I know. That's the same age Reagan was when he was first elected. I'm not saying it's a guarantee she will run in 2016, but it's a possibility and much more likely than her running in 2012.

That's not a good comparison as far as age though and you know that. Reagan could've passed for a 40yo with how he acted.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2010, 06:46:10 PM »

She'd be 69 in 2016.

That's not a good comparison as far as age though and you know that. Reagan could've passed for a 40yo with how he acted.

No. It is a good camparison regarding age. He was a well-known politician at age 69. She will be a well-known politician at age 69. He won in a good environemnt for him. She can win in a good environment for her. And I don't think too many 40-year olds are senile.
cpeeks
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2010, 12:31:04 AM »

[/qu

Wait Hillarys dangerous but the Neo-cons are not?
Ameriplan
WilliamSargent
Faroe Islands

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 09:39:05 PM »
« Edited: June 22, 2010, 09:41:37 PM by C'Etait Toi »

If they're qualified.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2010, 10:11:03 PM »

possibly Laura Bush for Texas Senate when one of their senators retires?
cpeeks
« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2010, 09:35:02 AM »

[/quote.
l=
LOL OMG
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »

[/quote.
l=
LOL OMG

You would love that wouldn't you?
cpeeks
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2010, 12:34:51 PM »

I think the Bushes have done enough to this country.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »

I think the Bushes have done enough to this country.

They have served this country well. You know there's another generation of them coming up as well. Plus Jeb is in a good position for the presidency.
cpeeks
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2010, 01:40:41 PM »

Served? No screwed this country, lol and there will never ever, ever be a Bush elected to anything again.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2010, 02:09:13 PM »

Served? No screwed this country, lol and there will never ever, ever be a Bush elected to anything again.

I agree on the latter possibly but the Bushes are the all American family.
cpeeks
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »

Northeastern wealthy elitists? Hardly an all- american family. Do you honestly say this bs to try an anger people?
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »

Northeastern wealthy elitists? Hardly an all- american family. Do you honestly say this bs to try an anger people?

It's certainly angering you.
cpeeks
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2010, 03:56:58 PM »

At first it did, until I realized some things about you, and now it doesnt. Its comical.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:52 PM »

At first it did, until I realized some things about you, and now it doesnt. Its comical.

I wouldn't be too sure a Bush would never be elected again. Sure Bush Jr. really screwed up but Bush Sr. was pretty unpopular too and his son was elected just 8 years later. Some Bush in the future might rehabilitate the family legacy. And I agree with cpeeks that a multi-millionaire family of Northeastern elitists is not the typical American family.
milhouse24
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2010, 02:04:52 AM »

So the first lady gets 8 years as First Lady and then another 8 years as President.  Sounds awesome to me!  16 years as co-President!  Nepotism is great.
Derek
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2010, 10:33:34 AM »

I wouldn't be too sure a Bush would never be elected again. Sure Bush Jr. really screwed up but Bush Sr. was pretty unpopular too and his son was elected just 8 years later. Some Bush in the future might rehabilitate the family legacy. And I agree with cpeeks that a multi-millionaire family of Northeastern elitists is not the typical American family.

They know what it takes to get to the top with how far Bush Sr. went. I agree that it would be hard for a Bush to make it into the white house again but Bush Jr. today would be a good match against Obama with how bad he's doing.
milhouse24
« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2010, 11:53:42 AM »

I've said it before, but Jeb will do much better than anyone thought.  He can win Florida, maybe Ohio, and beat Obama.  Heck, Hillary won primaries on her last name Clinton despite her so-called executive leadership experience as a Senator.  I think Jeb would be a far stronger presdential candidate.  We'll have to see how he does on the trail, but he has far stronger voter name recognition than Romney, since most voters outside of Michigan and Mass, have never heard of romney or don't care about him at all.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies