Worst Candidates in Modern History (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:18:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Worst Candidates in Modern History (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Candidates in Modern History  (Read 32004 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: May 08, 2010, 01:10:01 AM »

Obama was not the worst in modern history. He had a great support base and charisma. However, he may have lost without the collapse of the housing market. Before that he was viewed as a liberal with no experience.

I'm not an Obama fan, but he was hardly the worst candidate. Kerry was likely a worse candidate, but would have made a better President.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 11:17:35 PM »

Ok I was confusing him with the Dukakis poll. Good job Walter, way to man!

Yeah, good job for winning MN and DC. Reagan, despite all his greatness, couldn't win there.

Well Reagan declined to campaign in his opponent's home state out of the kindness of his heart. D.C. wouldn't vote for the GOP if Bin Laden were the alternative.

Reagan was too poor of a campaigner to win all 50 states. Oh yeah! Democrats 1-Republicans 0.

Stop! I didn't see Mondale winning 49 out of 50. He was a great president rather than a great campaigner.

In your opinion.

Btw I don't see anyone putting Reagan on here as the worst candidate in modern history.

Ronald Reagan let the federal minimum wage slide, it lost $2.50 of it's purchasing power per. hour during his career, and the % of people below the poverty line remained at 13  throughout his term.  And the Iran Contra affair, and his failure to stop the decline of the Auto Industry....

Reagan was definitely one of the most OVERRATED presidents if not one of the worst. 

Why does the left always think negative about the economy? We added 22 million jobs and grew the GDP while he was in office. The Soviet crumble was due to his free enterprise which they couldn't compete with.

Reagan had 16 million. Clinton had 23 million.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 05:20:42 AM »

Hillary. You needed to try very hard to lose to Trump...

True, her campaign was a special type of terrible, which basically consisted of insulting anyone who didn't support her.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies