Worst Candidates in Modern History (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:57:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Worst Candidates in Modern History (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Candidates in Modern History  (Read 32069 times)
Cubby
Pim Fortuyn
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -3.74, S: -6.96

« on: July 10, 2010, 02:08:07 AM »

John Kerry was a bad candidate based on the fact that he was Massachusetts liberal with no appeal outside of people who hated Bush. I remember telling people in early 2004 that he was a bad choice b/c of what happened with Dukakis. One told me that Dukakis was from MA, but so was Kennedy. I was right though, there are many Southerners who won't vote for Yankees but we have no problem voting for Southerners.

Aside from not fighting back against the Swift Boat ads quickly enough, Kerry ran a better campaign than Gore did. He did great in all three debates for example, IIRC he won 2 of them and was even with Bush in another. He didn't write off as many states (or as quickly) as Gore did.

Bob Dole was an awful candidate, much worse than McCain. I couldn't believe he did as well as he did that year, Clinton would have done even better if turnout was higher. It was low because everyone knew he would win, and his base wasn't as motivated as those in other years. The only reason the GOP were stuck with Dole was because Colin Powell didn't run, and the alternatives were even worse: Gramm, Bauer, Forbes, Keyes? Yuck! Although I did think it was funny when Forbes hosted SNL that time. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies