High-brow ambitions

<< < (2/6) > >>

Gustaf:
Quote from: fezzyfestoon on April 30, 2010, 10:54:34 AM

Philosophize, but only if you agree with A, B, and C.

I'm not sure I get your point. As I said, if you want to philosophize freely and randomly make a thread about it.

fezzyfestoon:
Quote from: Gustaf on April 30, 2010, 12:55:33 PM

I'm not sure I get your point. As I said, if you want to philosophize freely and randomly make a thread about it.

The gist of your problems are when someone who isn't religious posts in a thread about religion.

Gustaf:
Quote from: fezzyfestoon on April 30, 2010, 01:01:41 PM

Quote from: Gustaf on April 30, 2010, 12:55:33 PM

The gist of your problems are when someone who isn't religious posts in a thread about religion.

No, not really...those are just the most recent examples. Unless you mean in an empirical sense, because, yes most of these occurrences will most likely be.

Of course, it is just as wrong to bring God into an explicitly atheist philosophy, if done in a stupid way.

It seems as if you're critical of me but I'm not sure in what way exactly, so it would help if you were more specific.

fezzyfestoon:
My point is that it's totally fine for conversations about religious things to have atheist input.  It's an equally valid viewpoint regardless of whether the creators of the thread intended them to have input.  What I have a problem with is you suggesting that whatever atheists have to say has no place in a religious conversation.  Sure some of them are less than friendly, but so are a large portion of posts regarding Islam and atheism.

Gustaf:
Quote from: fezzyfestoon on April 30, 2010, 01:56:15 PM

My point is that it's totally fine for conversations about religious things to have atheist input.  It's an equally valid viewpoint regardless of whether the creators of the thread intended them to have input.  What I have a problem with is you suggesting that whatever atheists have to say has no place in a religious conversation.  Sure some of them are less than friendly, but so are a large portion of posts regarding Islam and atheism.

That is not what I'm saying. It depends on what kind of religious conversation it is, of course.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page