High-brow ambitions

(1/6) > >>

Gustaf:
This is supposed to be a forum for religious and philosophical issues, so this is not an off-topic playground.

In other words, I will attempt to hold a somewhat higher standard here than one might expect of some other boards. So, please refrain from smart-ass one-liners, cheap shots, etc. And try to stick to the subject and the philosophical premises that an OP establishes.

This goes for everyone, in general. But some examples include that if someone wants to discuss his own conversion don't make it into a thread about your personal hatred of a specific church. If someone wants to discuss the interpretation of a holy text don't make it into a thread on your personal disbelief in the holy text.

You're always free to start your own threads about your pet theories.

Torie:
That is a very well thought out and thought provoking statement indeed. It caused me to ponder a bit. Well done!

Sam Spade:
You got it, Heinreich!

fezzyfestoon:
Philosophize, but only if you agree with A, B, and C.

Phony Moderate:
Quote from: Gustaf on April 27, 2010, 12:41:39 PM

This is supposed to be a forum for religious and philosophical issues, so this is not an off-topic playground.

In other words, I will attempt to hold a somewhat higher standard here than one might expect of some other boards. So, please refrain from smart-ass one-liners, cheap shots, etc. And try to stick to the subject and the philosophical premises that an OP establishes.

This goes for everyone, in general. But some examples include that if someone wants to discuss his own conversion don't make it into a thread about your personal hatred of a specific church. If someone wants to discuss the interpretation of a holy text don't make it into a thread on your personal disbelief in the holy text.

You're alreligious and philosophical issuesways free to start your own threads about your pet theories.

Religious and philosophical issues are all about "smart-ass one-liners, cheap shots, etc."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page