NC: Public Policy Polling: Burr consistently leads all Dems
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 02, 2024, 02:56:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  NC: Public Policy Polling: Burr consistently leads all Dems
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: NC: Public Policy Polling: Burr consistently leads all Dems  (Read 3244 times)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 14, 2010, 02:36:41 PM »

New Poll: North Carolina Senator by Public Policy Polling on 2010-04-12

Summary: D: 37%, R: 43%, I: 0%, U: 20%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details

You kip if you want to...
change08
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 02:38:28 PM »

The Dems are getting suprisingly close to Burr considering how a good a year this is for the GOP.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 02:41:05 PM »

This seat could turn out to be an upset.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:10:10 PM »

Keep an eye on this one..
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 03:18:41 PM »

Burr is very, very lucky that he is up for re-election in this environment.
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 03:48:21 PM »

Potentially lucky. He's even weaker than Patty Murray in terms of incumbency - the atmosphere might not even help him in the end.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2010, 08:19:17 AM »

Potentially lucky. He's even weaker than Patty Murray in terms of incumbency - the atmosphere might not even help him in the end.

He has got a pretty effective radio ad stressing the fact that he offered an alternative Health Care plan which was ignored, and his "clear and consistent" leadership. It hits key populist notes and platitudes. An effective way to start out in my opinion. Meanwhile Cunningham is running TV ads about his service in the military, he mentions 911 and how he joined after it. Its also pretty effective, however I don't think he is going to win the primary. I think Marshall will be the nominee and she is very similar to Bev Perdue in many ways which won't go over very well.
auburntiger
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.61, S: 0.65

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 07:04:40 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2010, 07:07:24 PM by auburntiger »

I don't believe in the superstitious curse. What has he done that would make North Carolinians vote him out? As far as I know, he's likable and more so than Dole. Plus, the environment is completely different from 2008.

It's not a top-tier seat subject to flip either. There are many other seats Dems and Republicans would win/lose before NC would honestly come into play.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 07:56:41 PM »

What?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:37 AM »

Burr is on TV now running ads with "common folk" talking about Burr's wonderful consituent services and his support for veterans and their families once they come home.
Iosif

Political Matrix
E: -1.68, S: -3.65

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 04:09:53 PM »

Bodes well for Kelly Ayotte.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »

I don't believe in the superstitious curse. What has he done that would make North Carolinians vote him out? As far as I know, he's likable and more so than Dole. Plus, the environment is completely different from 2008.

It's not a top-tier seat subject to flip either. There are many other seats Dems and Republicans would win/lose before NC would honestly come into play.

I remember that back in early 2008, the conventional wisdom was that Burr was weaker than Dole. As you might imagine, Dole losing looked pretty bad for Burr's re-election odds.

However, I do not think that the conventional wisdom of the time took environment into account at all. A better environment & no mess-ups could see Burr win re-election by a small but not razor-thin margin.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2010, 04:28:29 PM »

Burr 2010. I'm gonna get involved in his campaign. I want to help him win. He is the greatest Senator in North Carolina since Jesse Helms.

Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2010, 04:30:43 PM »

Burr 2010. I'm gonna get involved in his campaign. I want to help him win. He is the greatest Senator in North Carolina since Jesse Helms.

racist
SvenssonRS
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »

racist

Already established.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2010, 09:19:58 PM »

racist

No I'm not. I don't support Helms civil rights stances. I'm may be southern, but I'm still too northern to support slavery or racism.
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »

racist

No I'm not. I don't support Helms civil rights stances. I'm may be southern, but I'm still too northern to support slavery or racism.

You are stupid JC, Helms was a bigot and would have never won a race in NC today. Burr, himself isn't that bad but NC could do a whole lot better when it comes to a senator.
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2010, 09:58:42 PM »

racist

You are stupid JC, Helms was a bigot and would have never won a race in NC today. Burr, himself isn't that bad but NC could do a whole lot better when it comes to a senator.

A bigot to you, a hero to me.
xavier110
United States
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »

racist

Then...why?
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 10:18:43 PM »

racist

How the  can that evil bigot be a hero to anyone that isn't a bigot? If he is your hero then move to MS you will fit in better then in NC..
Conservative frontier
JC
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »

racist

How the  can that evil bigot be a hero to anyone that isn't a bigot? If he is your hero then move to MS you will fit in better then in NC..

I'm pretty sure I can live anywhere I want, and don't have to continue thep oor-voting decisions this state has made in the pass 2 election cycles. (2006 +08)
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37:34 PM »

racist

Yay Reactionism!
Ronnie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2010, 10:43:36 PM »

Ya, I didn't like Helms at all.

Burr is all right.  Just another congress critter.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18:14 PM »

racist

So your hero's are bigots??  Thats nice to know.

I beg of you when you campaign for Burr spread the message that he is the best guy since Helms.  Do it, hopefully it becomes the message of the Burr campaign.  He would lose so badly it would make your head spin....
Devilman88

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2010, 12:03:39 AM »

racist

How the  can that evil bigot be a hero to anyone that isn't a bigot? If he is your hero then move to MS you will fit in better then in NC..

I'm pretty sure I can live anywhere I want, and don't have to continue thep oor-voting decisions this state has made in the pass 2 election cycles. (2006 +08)

Thank God for NC that there are not alot of bigots like you voting anymore. Even alot of the Republicans in NC don't like Helms.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies