Statement from the Union Party on the Supreme Court Decision
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:39:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Statement from the Union Party on the Supreme Court Decision
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Statement from the Union Party on the Supreme Court Decision  (Read 915 times)
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 02, 2004, 01:01:30 AM »

I am deeply saddened by the decision of the Supreme Court of Atlasia to reach beyond it's own shaky Constitutional ground and snatch legislative authority from another branch of government.  An un-elected and un-accountable body has taken control from a body elected by the citizens of our great nation.  This does nothing to enhance the fun, freedom, and fairness of the forum and instead creates additional complication and hardship.  I hope that the Senate is able to quickly organize itself to stand up to this tremendous injustice.

- Former Governor Htmldon, (U-TN)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 07:45:40 AM »

I concur in Don's sentiments. The Court seems to have taken leave of the fact that this is all here for fun and this sort of ruling does nothing but cause grief for those in power as they seek to repair and remedy the problem. Also they don't seem to understand that Courts rarely go beyond the scope of the case at hand - clearly this last decision is so broad as to strech across the Atlantic.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 05:41:15 PM »

We are UPHOLDING the Constitution, not abusing it. Personally, I don't think Ernest's actions were right, but the Constitution says otherwise so I went the other way.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies