1992: Bush Sr. vs. Clinton, with several twists (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 07:01:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs?
  Past Election What-ifs (US) (Moderator: Dereich)
  1992: Bush Sr. vs. Clinton, with several twists (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1992: Bush Sr. vs. Clinton, with several twists  (Read 2451 times)
cpeeks
« on: April 28, 2010, 04:02:06 PM »
« edited: April 28, 2010, 04:06:35 PM by cpeeks »

I dont know why the republicans have put forth this myth that Perot cost Bush the election. When Perot came back in the race at October 1, the polls stood at Clinton 55% Bush 35% Perot 7%. On election day it was Clinton 43% Bush 38% Perot 19%. Almost every Perot vote was siphoned off of Clinton. If Perot had not been in the race, Clinton would have clobbered Bush. Clinton led by nearly 30 points after the Democratic convention and the closest Bush ever got without Perot was trailing by 12 points after the republican convention and he lost the bounce with in a week. Clinton consistantly led by 20 plus points. I wish the republicans would get over and realize that Bush would have got hammered by Clinton in of the largest election defeats in history. People were tired of 12 years of the republican rule.
cpeeks
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 04:20:33 PM »

How was he a hero?  Getting us involved in Iraq after his national security advisor told Tariq Aziz that the U.S had no interest in getting entangled in the Iraq Kuwait dispute?
cpeeks
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 06:45:27 AM »

I believe Bush said the reason he didnt take out Saddam was that it "would have created a power vaccuum in Iraq, led to an imbalance in the region and U.S. forces would have been seen as bitter occupiers in hostile enviroment" Wow. Sounds kinda like whats going on now. W taking out Saddam was moronic, why we ever picked on a small, poor nation to begin with was horrific.
cpeeks
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2010, 07:11:05 AM »

So has North Korea, Iran, Sudan, The congo, China,Cuba, Bosnai, are number ally in the region Saudi Arabia. Why havent we went to war with these countries, we just pick and choose. Its not are place to get involved in the countries internal problems.  I could really care less what happens there, and btw were there any ied's, suicide bombers, or any insurgency when Saddam was in power? No. He kept those people in line, and thats all they understand a heavy handed dictator. Give me a break.
cpeeks
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2010, 08:20:18 AM »

Once we pull out of Iraq a mideast war is gonna break out and it will have nothing to do with Isreal, it is going to be between the Sunni's and Shiites.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies