An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:31:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12
Author Topic: An Alternate/Future 2016 Universe (GAMEPLAY THREAD)  (Read 28999 times)
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2010, 05:09:00 PM »

Statement from the National Right to Life association
After deep consideration, we feel that Senator Sue Lowden of Nevada is the best candidate to represent our values and beliefs in the White House, and that is why the NRL is pleased to endorse Ms. Lowden for the Republican nomination.

Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2010, 06:14:28 PM »

Today, Russ Feingold received 3 major endorsements. The first came from the ACLU, citing Feingold's staunch defense of Civil Liberties.

The other 2 were the SEIU and UNITE HERE. They chose to endorse Feingold because of his support of the EFCA, a national Medicare Buy-In, and a constitutional amendment restricting corporate person hood.

Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2010, 06:17:54 PM »

Thanks to lobbying from Sen. Jim Webb and Sen. Jay Rockefeller, the United Mine Workers of America have also just endorsed Russ Feingold.

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2010, 08:22:19 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden speaks to a crowd in Iowa...

Hello, great people of Iowa! It's nice to see you all here today... America is in tough times. It's time that we have a tough leader who will be able to stand up to big government and fight this beast head on. There are very few candidates who can do that, me being one of them, Scott Brown being one of the fews others. Let's break that glass ceiling once and for all! I hope I can get your vote.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.83

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2010, 08:43:10 PM »

Governor Scott Brown campaigns in Des Moines, Iowa...

We need to change America.  It all starts with you.  For years I have fought for the working American, not to fill my wallet.  Only one other candidate has the same sense of integrity and the fighting spirit that I do, and that is Sue Lowden. 

Sue and I fought against the establishment.  We faced great obstacles, as the corrupt system attempted to derail our campaigns for change.  We won our fights, and we have continued to serve, not the bureaucrats or lobbyists.  We serve Main Street, not Wall Street.

Speaker Cantor represents what is wrong with America.  He works for his paycheck.  For him, politics is a job, not a service.  It is time for politics to become more than just a job to our representatives in Washington.
Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
hantheguitarman

« Reply #80 on: April 14, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »

Michael Reagan holds a Bobby Jindal rally/fundraiser in California:

Good morning! Thank you all for coming! In these times, it's extremely necessary that we elect a leader who can put forth conservative solutions to the problems that face America today, just like it was necessary to do this in 1980. However, many Republicans will claim to be conservative, with conservative rhetoric, but will execute liberal policies. The man who will not stray away from conservatism, who will fight to the bone, to make America great again, is Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal. He is the man, who you should vote for in the primaries and in the general election. He is the man, who is not a D.C. insider and because of this, can fix D.C. And yes, he is the man, most ideologically close to my father: Ronald Wilson Reagan.

I've been trying to convince my fellow conservatives that they have been wasting their time in a fruitless quest for a new Ronald Reagan to emerge and lead our party and our nation. I insisted that we'd never see his like again because he was one of a kind.

I was wrong!

The venerable Rush Limbaugh has said this before, but I'll say it again: Bobby Jindal is the "next Ronald Reagan," ladies and gentlemen! Bobby Jindal is a true conservative in the vein of my father: he has cut taxes six times, he has worked to eliminate corruption, he has cracked down on child molesters, he has protected the second amendment, he has vetoed wasteful spending.

As Ronald Reagan's son, I can honestly tell you that if you wanted to vote my father for President this coming election, the closest thing you could do is vote for Bobby Jindal!

Michael Reagan publishes an article similar to this speech on his website, and campaigns for Bobby Jindal on the radio so that Jindal gets nationwide campaigning from Reagan.
yougo1000
United States

« Reply #81 on: April 14, 2010, 08:49:52 PM »

Statement from the Brady Campaign

I will suspend my Presidential Campaign and I will endorse Jindal for President
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #82 on: April 14, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »

Polling on March 31st, 2015

Democrats
Clinton 33%
Feingold 22%
Brown 13%
Not Sure 32%

Red Clinton, Feingold Blue, Brown Green

Republicans
Cantor 23%
Jindal 23%
Brown 13%
Lowden 13%
Not Sure 28%

Cantor Red, Jindal blue, brown green, lowden yellow

Iowa Polling

Democrats
Clinton 29%
Feingold 25%
Brown 15%
Not Sure 31%

Republicans
Cantor 24%
Jindal 20%
Lowden 15%
Brown 11%
Not Sure 30%

From now on, If your endorsements are approved by me, you may use them in the thread.
I will no longer post them with polls.
Hubert Humphrey
Rookie
United States

« Reply #83 on: April 14, 2010, 11:05:03 PM »

At a rally in Spartanburg, South Carolina, Senators Jay Rockefeller and Jim Webb endorse Russ Feingold for President. While Rockefeller's speech was well received, Webb's speech brought down the house!

Sen. Jim Webb:

"No one in Washington has had the guts and independence to shake things up as much as Russ Feingold. Whenever the Washington establishment tries to pressure Feingold into compromising his principles, he always gives them the same response: I'm here to serve the people's interests not the special interests, so shape up or shut up! Though what's really special about Russ is that he is truly not restricted by labels or partisanship. Whether you are Democrat, Republican, or Independent, Russ Feingold is not afraid to work with fight with you so long as the people are served and progressive values are advanced! He stood up to Bill Clinton over welfare reform, unfair trade deals, and economic deregulation. He stood up to George W. Bush over civil liberties violations, an unjustified war in Iraq, the corruption of our political system by corporate special interests, and much more. He stood up to President Obama to bring our troops home from Afghanistan, enact truly universal health care, reign in corporate greed, and promote economic justice. And as President, he will stand up to the powers that be and he will stand up for you! However, y'all are going to have to give him a boost in order to give him the chance to stand up for you. So Spartanburg, are you ready to stand up for Feingold?! Are you ready to fight for Feingold?! Are you ready to raise some hell for Feingold?! That's right Spartanburg, let's go out and win this thing! 

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #84 on: April 16, 2010, 01:59:04 PM »

Sue Lowden makes a Western tour, focusing on California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Colorado. Here is a portion of her townhall meeting, after being asked what she thinks of her opponents...

Whie I have the greatest respect for all of them, the only one who really sticks out is Scot Brown of Massachusetts. He has the stamina, charisma, and leadership skills, like myself, to get this country back on track. Great days would be ahead for America under a Lowden or Brown administration.
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: April 16, 2010, 02:11:40 PM »

A generic State Senator at a Brown rally in Ohio:

Are you ready for change?  We don't need Jindal or Cantor!  We need Scott Brown!  Maybe throw in Sue Lowden too!  I mean, that is the type of ticket we need to win back the White House!

Let me say it bluntly; they're both good looking people.  I mean, come on.  We need some honest people in the White House, a young ticket that will impress the world.  I don't know about you, but I would love to see both of these great Americans taking their rightful places as in the executive branch next year!

tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #86 on: April 16, 2010, 02:31:21 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden announces that she will be taking a tour of Afganistan with her husband and several aides, so she can have a better understanding of what's going on there, and what she would need to do as President or Senator to make it better there. At a press conference, she mentions that she will also be inviting Senator Scott Brown and his family to join her.

Scott Brown shares my concern for our troops stationed over there, and that's why I am asking him to join me.
- Senator Sue Lowden
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: April 16, 2010, 03:12:56 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden announces that she will be taking a tour of Afganistan with her husband and several aides, so she can have a better understanding of what's going on there, and what she would need to do as President or Senator to make it better there. At a press conference, she mentions that she will also be inviting Senator Scott Brown and his family to join her.

Scott Brown shares my concern for our troops stationed over there, and that's why I am asking him to join me.
- Senator Sue Lowden

Scott Brown graciously accepts Senator Lowden's offer.  Governor Brown, his wife Gail, and several aides will accompany Lowden.  Senator John McCain also requests to accompany the group.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #88 on: April 16, 2010, 04:57:33 PM »

Eric Cantor campaigns in New Hampshire.

As President I will never give up the fight for liberty. I will never give up the fight to defend our Constitution and give states and the people the power not delegated to the federal government. States have to send trillions to Washington and then try to compete with one another for a small portion of that money returning to them. My friends this is unaccepteable. We need roads, we need bridges, we need public education and we need security, but we don't need the federal government involved in every single one of our decisions. It's time that the American people get to direct their futures, not the federal government!
justW353
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: April 16, 2010, 05:04:08 PM »

Eric Cantor campaigns in New Hampshire.

As President I will never give up the fight for liberty. I will never give up the fight to defend our Constitution and give states and the people the power not delegated to the federal government. States have to send trillions to Washington and then try to compete with one another for a small portion of that money returning to them. My friends this is unaccepteable. We need roads, we need bridges, we need public education and we need security, but we don't need the federal government involved in every single one of our decisions. It's time that the American people get to direct their futures, not the federal government!

At a Scott Brown rally, the mayor of a small town in Iowa targets Cantor:

The only thing Eric Cantor will never give up the fight for is his paycheck from the lobbyists!  He does not serve the American people!  Only two candidates in this race serve the American people; Scott Brown and Sue Lowden!
hantheguitarman

« Reply #90 on: April 16, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »

Bobby Jindal has Rand Paul to campaign for him in Kentucky. He has Senator Jim DeMint to campaign for him in South Carolina, former Governor Jeb Bush campaign for him in Florida, and Senator Tom Coburn to campaign for him in Kansas, which neighbor's Coburn's state, Oklahoma.

Bobby Jindal then travels to New Mexico, campaigning on pro-life values and limited government values.

The NRA sends out newsletters to members, strongly urging them to vote for Bobby Jindal.
(Excerpt) Governor Bobby Jindal has a solid record of protecting the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding Americans, and is the only candidate on the field that you can trust to protect your Second Amendment rights. As a congressman, he introduced the "Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act" H.R. 5013 in the U.S. House of Representatives, ensuring that state and local governments can’t disarm law-abiding gun owners during a declared state of emergency. As Governor of Louisiana, he has consistently upheld the individual right to self-defense, and the individual right to own guns. Governor Jindal’s strong, pro-gun record has earned him an “A+” rating and endorsement by NRA-PVF (NRA Political Victory Fund).
hantheguitarman

« Reply #91 on: April 17, 2010, 10:44:57 AM »

Bobby Jindal has Illinois Governor Bill Brady campaign for him in Illinois. He then travels to Wyoming.

(Excerpt) Hello Wyoming! It's great to be with you here today in this fine state on this beautiful day!

A Bobby Jindal administration will bring accountability to the federal government in Washington D.C.! I will audit every department in the federal government, to see what's happening to the precious tax dollars of the American People. This way, we can cut waste in the federal government, and make it more efficient! I will veto wasteful pork barrel spending, which has no place in our budget! Through these steps, we can make progress towards a balanced budget. I will get the federal government off of your backs, and allow the American people to make this country great. I will cut income taxes for all Americans, rich or poor, as a tax cut benefits everybody. As Governor of Louisiana, I cut taxes six times, and I'm not afraid to cut them as President. You can trust me to reduce the federal government, reduce taxes and spending, and bring true conservative values to Washington, D.C.!

I’m Bobby Jindal, and God bless you, God bless the United States of America, and God bless Wyoming!

ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #92 on: April 18, 2010, 09:06:33 AM »

Polling on April 30th, 2015

Democrats
Clinton 27%
Feingold 24%
Brown 12%
Not Sure 37%

Red Clinton, Feingold Blue, Brown Green

Republicans
Jindal 22%
Cantor 20%
Lowden 18%
Brown 17%
Not Sure 23%

Cantor Red, Jindal blue, brown green, lowden yellow

New Hampshire

Democrats
Feingold 34%
Brown 32%
Clinton 22%
Not Sure 14%

Republicans
Brown 26%
Lowden 22%
Cantor 17%
Jindal 15%
Not Sure 20%

Ohio

Democrats
Brown 36%
Feingold 21%
Clinton 19%
Not Sure 24%

Republicans
Cantor 23%
Lowden 22%
Brown 22%
Jindal 15%
Not Sure 18%

Florida

Democrats
Feingold 28%
Clinton 21%
Brown 16%
Not Sure 35%

Republicans
Cantor 25%
Jindal 22%
Brown 21%
Lowden 16%
Not Sure 26%

Iowa

Democrats
Feingold 28%
Clinton 22%
Brown 10%
Not Sure 40%

Republicans
Cantor 21%
Jindal 20%
Lowden 15%
Brown 14%
Not Sure 30%

Arizona

Democrats
Feingold 26%
Clinton 24%
Brown 20%
Not Sure 30%

Republicans
Brown 27%
Lowden 26%
Cantor 18%
Jindal 17%
Not Sure 13%
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2010, 01:09:19 PM »

Senator Sue Lowden plans a trip with Governor Whitman to the Rust Belt, making stops in Ohio, West Virginia, Indiana, Michigan, and Iowa.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 18, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »

Eric Cantor releases his week's campaign schedule

Mon-Iowa
Tue-Iowa
Wed-Ohio
Thur-South Carolina
Fri-South Carolina
Sat-Florida
Sun-Florida

(All week)
John Boehner-Ohio
Tim Palwenty-Iowa
Mitch Daniels-Iowa
Joe Lieberman-New Hampshire
Ryan Frazier-Nevada
Rob Portman-Ohio
Mike Pence-South Carolina
Pat Toomey-New Hampshire
Mike Cox-Michigan
Bob McDonnell-Virginia
Mitt Romney-New Hampshire
Mike Bloomberg-Florida
Lindsey Graham-South Carolina
Marco Rubio-Florida
Lamar Alexander-South Carolina
hantheguitarman

« Reply #95 on: April 18, 2010, 01:51:33 PM »

Bobby Jindal drops out and endorses Sue Lowden.
ej2mm15
electoraljew2
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 18, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »

Republican Straw Poll After Jindal's announcement.
Cantor 28%
Lowden 28%
Brown 22%
Not Sure 22%
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 18, 2010, 02:41:53 PM »

Scott Brown recently said that "Eric Cantor is in this to win." You bet I am. I'm in this to change the course of our country. I'm in this to reform our schools. I'm in this to make us energy independent. I'm in this to secure our borders. I'm in this to protect our nation and our Constitution. I am in this for you!"

The Cantor campaign says they will travel to Afghanstan with John Boehner, Lindsey Graham and Lamar Alexander next week to attend military strategy session and see progress in the country.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #98 on: April 18, 2010, 02:45:45 PM »

Senator Lowden invited Cantor and his friends to join her and Brown on their overseas, claiming it would show that this is the strongest party on national security.
California8429
A-Bob
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #99 on: April 18, 2010, 02:52:24 PM »

The Cantor campaign accepts Senator Loweden's invitation. The Cantor campaign will be touring the country a week before Senator Loweden and Senator Brown arrive as well.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies