Department of the Interior
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:28:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Department of the Interior
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Department of the Interior  (Read 4191 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2010, 10:58:24 AM »

The DoI announces, with regret, that the Government of Atlasia has failed to implement FL 30-7 by the required date.

For reference: FL 30-7

How close/far away are we from compliance?

The DoI has checked the files and have found no record of any movement towards compliance.

Surely it's "under active consideration"?

Yes, I believe that the matter is indeed under active consideration, but we at the DoI are uncertain which department is actively considering it. I believe that would be a matter for the DEA, not the DoI. Or perhaps the WH, the JD or the OGM. I don't think we can entirely rule out this being a matter for a cross-departmental panel of departmental heads and policy experts. You see, the legislation was not entirely clear on the matter, meaning that the active consideration is especially active. I do hope that this clears matters up.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2010, 01:59:02 PM »

IPTE Order no. nkp34

In accordance with Section Four of F.L. 32-10, all relevant depositions shall be made in Bakersfield, CA.

I have posted a story regarding this announcement. It can be found here.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2010, 02:25:22 PM »

I would like to inform the so-called 'people of Bakersfield' that the IPTE conducted a careful investigation of the area prior to making the announcement and did not find any evidence of human life or of important water resources. Thus, we have to conclude that you must be squatters, troublemakers or both. End communication.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »

After giving the matter careful consideration, the DoI recommends that the Senate repeals F.L. 31-9 (the Atlasian Agriculture Reinvestment Act). It is a badly-drafted and ill-thought piece of legislation that conflicts with F.L. 9-13 in ways that were almost certainly not considered by the Senate when the legislation was passed. Certain specific sections of F.L. 31-9 could be introduced as a new - and better drafted - piece of legislation if (by way of example) the Senate wishes to maintain the ban on tobacco subsidies. The current situation is an administrative nightmare.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2010, 12:41:41 PM »

It is my pleasure to announce that Meeker has been appointed as the Chairman of the new Industrial Co-Partnership Commission.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 03:22:16 PM »

I'm thrilled to be heading this outstanding body which will help improve the lives of all Atlasians.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2010, 02:42:13 PM »

It has come to my attention that the SEDZ's mandated by FL. 31-19 have not been created. If I have overlooked the creation of any SEDZ's I apologise to the Regional Government in question for unfairly implying neglect.

While it is up to the Regions to decide on the establishment of any and all SEDZ's, as this department has a better understanding (and, apparently, more of an interest) in regional development programmes than Regional government, the DoI will shortly issue recommended SEDZ's to all Regions. Actually implementing the SEDZ's will, of course, remain the sole priority of the individual Regions.

Thank you.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2010, 03:03:51 PM »

How do you respond to criticism that you were a

?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »

Mr Stoned is entitled to his opinion, though he should be aware that this has been an unusually active administration by recent standards.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »

It has come to my attention that the SEDZ's mandated by FL. 31-19 have not been created. If I have overlooked the creation of any SEDZ's I apologise to the Regional Government in question for unfairly implying neglect.

While it is up to the Regions to decide on the establishment of any and all SEDZ's, as this department has a better understanding (and, apparently, more of an interest) in regional development programmes than Regional government, the DoI will shortly issue recommended SEDZ's to all Regions. Actually implementing the SEDZ's will, of course, remain the sole priority of the individual Regions.

Thank you.

Link to statute in question:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Establishment_of_Social_and_Economic_Development_Zones_Act

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2010, 05:25:40 PM »

Thank you.

Link to statute in question:

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Establishment_of_Social_and_Economic_Development_Zones_Act

Sadly there should probably be some federal action taken on this front since the regions have neglected to do anything regarding these things. At least enough to get a basic number of them out there and get the ball rolling. Hopefully once PS and I take office I will have some legislation to beef the SEDZ up as we campaigned on.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »

In order to do something about the national debt and all that jazz, talks are ongoing between the DoI and a private interest about selling certain properties belonging to the DoI.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »

In order to do something about the national debt and all that jazz, talks are ongoing between the DoI and a private interest about selling certain properties belonging to the DoI.

Sad
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2010, 04:14:34 PM »

We took the view, after a full consultation with the FSWLWCCR* union (which for some reason appears to be the largest amongst DoI employees) that selling off a few buildings here and there would be preferable to job cuts.

*Friendly Society of Watermen, Lightermen, Wheelwrights, Chandlers, Chandlers and Ratcatchers
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies