The White House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:17:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The White House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: The White House  (Read 8929 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2010, 05:36:42 PM »

Thank you PPT for these reminders Smiley
Fritz
JLD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 11:54:47 PM »

Mr. President, with the Legitimize the Vote Act having been signed into law, we stand in need of a Moderator General.  I believe either MsterJedi or Gustaf could fit the bill.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 04:32:49 PM »

Mr. President, with the Legitimize the Vote Act having been signed into law, we stand in need of a Moderator General.  I believe either MsterJedi or Gustaf could fit the bill.

Thank you. I've had the weekend away Smiley I am on top of this.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2010, 04:26:24 PM »

This bill is on your desk, Mr. President.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2010, 09:30:08 AM »

11th April

Masterjedi has been nominated as Moderator General.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »

11th April

Masterjedi has been nominated as Moderator General.

Oh no.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but do I need to be confirmed to this post or even need to swear in?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »

Excuse my ignorance but do I need to be confirmed to this post or even need to swear in?

I do hope so. Its been a good time since I gave an appointee a real good grilling. Tongue
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2010, 08:32:52 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2010, 08:37:17 PM »

Oh how dandy that is, really.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2010, 09:18:45 PM »

MasterJedi's confirmation thread has been opened Smiley
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 05:13:10 PM »

The Forum Affairs Reform Act is on your desk, Mr. President.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »

16th April 2010

I am pleased to say that the nomination process for Moderator General is underway. May I point out how difficult it was in trying to secure a nominee.

May I take this opportunity to remind the Senate that depending on the passage of and signing of bills currently before the Senate I will be asked to nominate

A Registrar General, a Secretary of Federal Elections and seven posts on the Atlasian Gaming Commission (it is not clear whether these are 'playable' posts or not)

Just leaving that with you....

Smiley

Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2010, 02:30:00 AM »

I'm pretty sure the AGC posts aren't playable. Also, considering the RG and the SFE are basically a split-up of the SOFA's job, really there's only one  new position to fill Tongue
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2010, 02:37:00 AM »

Also, new bill for ya:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=113444.msg2449859#msg2449859
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2010, 02:52:40 AM »

I was just thinking, we've had a Cabinet meeting but we haven't yet had Question Time/PMQ/Question Period (depending on whether you prefer the Australian, British or Canadian phrase).

Anyway, I know the UK election is on which is keeping us all busy watching, but I thought perhaps we should try getting this off the ground... perhaps after the mid-term elections?
Barnes
Roy Barnes 2010
Junior Chimp

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2010, 12:30:40 PM »

I was just thinking, we've had a Cabinet meeting but we haven't yet had Question Time/PMQ/Question Period (depending on whether you prefer the Australian, British or Canadian phrase).

Anyway, I know the UK election is on which is keeping us all busy watching, but I thought perhaps we should try getting this off the ground... perhaps after the mid-term elections?

That's a fantastic idea! Wink

Actually, I think it would be better if the entire Cabinet also participated! Smiley
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2010, 12:50:48 PM »

Mr. President-

It has come to my attention that the incompetence of the SoFA has led to a Voting booth that says voting doesn't start till the 19th which is Monday. Usually elections run Friday through Sunday night. In my opinion, the SoFA by his own words said he planned to resign after this election simply copied and pasted a booth from a previous election and then neglected to change the dates. Please rectify this failure of duty as soon as possible before too many people invalidate themselves by posting questions in the booth.

Senator NC Yankee,
Dean of the US Senate.

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2010, 12:54:09 PM »

Mr. President-

It has come to my attention that the incompetence of the SoFA has led to a Voting booth that says voting doesn't start till the 19th which is Monday. Usually elections run Friday through Sunday night. In my opinion, the SoFA by his own words said he planned to resign after this election simply copied and pasted a booth from a previous election and then neglected to change the dates. Please rectify this failure of duty as soon as possible before too many people invalidate themselves by posting questions in the booth.

Senator NC Yankee,
Dean of the US Senate.

US Senate? wtf?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »

Mr. President-

Senator NC Yankee,
Dean of the US Senate.

US Senate? wtf?

I thought I was Robert Byrd for a few seconds, I was going to include that the situation was barbaric BARBARIC, but I forgot. Tongue
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2010, 10:11:42 PM »

On the topic of upcoming matters that should be attended to:

International News

April GTO General Assembly: Paris, France
The next GTO General Assembly, slated for April 20 to April 23, will take place in Paris, France, according to sources close to French President Nicolas Sarkozy. A formal announcement will be issued tomorrow morning.

The four-day extended meeting will likely focus heavily on resuscitating the GTO Monetary Fund idea, which has received strong opposition and very weak leadership since its announcement. As the host country, France used its agenda setting power to set aside two full days for discussions on the proposed monetary branch of the GTO in the hopes that a deal can be struck. Atlasia has not announced a formal position on the issue.

Discussions on the drug trade and international drug trafficking will continue as well. The governments of Mexico, Brazil, Colombia and India have begun work on a proposal that would focus on reducing demand for drugs in wealthier countries, especially Atlasia. Many European countries have cringed at the idea in the past, arguing for greater local control of drug production. There has been no word on a potential compromise.

The final day of the conference will revolve around issues in African development, including aid reform, a set of global goals for the continent, and women's rights. South Africa's delegation will likely chair this portion of the meeting and has called on GTO countries to each craft a clear agenda on the topic to be presented to the entire body.

Atlasia may want to send a delegate, as well as craft some sort of agenda on the topics to be discussed.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2010, 06:50:54 AM »

16th April 2010

I am pleased to say that the nomination process for Moderator General is underway. May I point out how difficult it was in trying to secure a nominee.

May I take this opportunity to remind the Senate that depending on the passage of and signing of bills currently before the Senate I will be asked to nominate

A Registrar General, a Secretary of Federal Elections and seven posts on the Atlasian Gaming Commission (it is not clear whether these are 'playable' posts or not)

Just leaving that with you....
To be fair to the Forum Affairs Reform Bill - it disbands 4 existing posts (3 HAEV posts & SoFA) and only creates 2 new posts (RG and SoFE). Certainly the 3 soon to be unemployed HAEVers could be deployed in a new capacity.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »

Quango! Quango! Quango!
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2010, 05:59:33 PM »

Nomination

I nominate the honourable Senator Fritz for the position of Registrar General of the Census Bureau.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2010, 06:04:52 PM »

Presidential Question Time will be set up at the weekend. I hope to be able to have the Senate's ear for a few days.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies