The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:43:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 170
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297406 times)
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3200 on: October 23, 2012, 03:29:33 AM »

Ok so it was just the Education Bill that took forever and that's when I got into the Assembly so I get it. When shall we have the election for Speaker ?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3201 on: October 24, 2012, 08:13:27 PM »

Our pay grades are too high for this level of activity. Tongue
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3202 on: October 24, 2012, 08:16:28 PM »

Alrighty, so do we need Jbrase to open our speakership election or can I do it?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3203 on: October 24, 2012, 08:17:41 PM »

It's obviously time we voted to raise our pay.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3204 on: October 24, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »

Alrighty, so do we need Jbrase to open our speakership election or can I do it?

I have no objections to this, but perhaps the Emperor wishes to weigh in on this. I'm not sure any of us have the authority to do so.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3205 on: October 24, 2012, 10:13:59 PM »
« Edited: October 25, 2012, 02:26:20 AM by Emperor PiT »

Since there is currently no formal powerholder in the Legislature, I think I'm supposed to open it. We've never had an actual speakership election before, so this has been very much a formality in the past.

The vote is open for 72 hours, all Legislators please vote for your preferred candidate for Speaker:

[ ] Adam Griffin
[ ] SJoyceFla
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3206 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:06 AM »

[    ] Adam Griffin
[ x ] SJoyceFla

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3207 on: October 25, 2012, 12:43:56 AM »

[X] Adam Griffin
[ ] SJoyceFla
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3208 on: October 25, 2012, 04:41:28 AM »

[ ] Adam Griffin
[X] SJoyceFla
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3209 on: October 27, 2012, 01:57:35 AM »

[X] Adam Griffin
[ ] SJoyceFla
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3210 on: October 27, 2012, 11:07:09 PM »

It's been three days now, but we have a tie. Duke has yet to vote here.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3211 on: October 28, 2012, 04:14:57 PM »

Can't the emperor split the tie?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3212 on: October 28, 2012, 05:36:47 PM »

Sorry. I wasn't around last night. I really don't know. Both these guys would be good choices. I could do it based on seniority...Tongue

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3213 on: October 28, 2012, 06:35:03 PM »

Sorry. I wasn't around last night. I really don't know. Both these guys would be good choices. I could do it based on seniority...Tongue

Am I a nerd for looking this up? Tongue

Total Days Served:

SJoyceFla: 138 days (4/24/12-5/14/12; 7/3/12-Present)
Adam Griffin: 132 days (6/19/12-Present)

Uninterrupted Days Served:

Adam Griffin 132 days (6/19/12-Present)
SJoyceFla: 118 days (7/3/12-Present)

Uninterrupted Days Served via Election Mandate:

Adam Griffin: 132 days (6/19/12-Present)
SJoyceFla: 98 days (7/23/12-Present)

Elections Won/Appointments:

Adam Griffin: 3/0
SJoyceFla: 2/2

While the Legislator from Florida has served a total of six days more than I in the Legislature, I have a 14 day advantage when it comes to uninterrupted seniority. When considering only terms served via winning an election, I have a 34 day advantage. In addition to this, I have won 3 election cycles - with 0 appointments - compared to SJoyce's 2 and 2, respectively.  
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3214 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, the reason for my absence from service in the legislature was my service as Secretary of External Affairs during the end of the Polnut administration, not due to shirking my duties. Additionally, while I was Secretary of External Affairs, I remained active in regional issues, speaking on issues in the legislature and even proposing legislation. My second appointment to the regional legislature was shortly followed by confirmation in an election as well (my first was not due to my aforementioned appointment to the SoEA post). To construe the numbers to make it seem as though I have spent less time in this legislative body, or to make it seem as if I am less liked by the citizens of this region, is deceptive.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3215 on: October 28, 2012, 07:11:33 PM »

In the interest of full disclosure, the reason for my absence from service in the legislature was my service as Secretary of External Affairs during the end of the Polnut administration, not due to shirking my duties. Additionally, while I was Secretary of External Affairs, I remained active in regional issues, speaking on issues in the legislature and even proposing legislation. My second appointment to the regional legislature was shortly followed by confirmation in an election as well (my first was not due to my aforementioned appointment to the SoEA post). To construe the numbers to make it seem as though I have spent less time in this legislative body, or to make it seem as if I am less liked by the citizens of this region, is deceptive.

It was not meant to be 'deceptive'. Your time as SoEA has no bearing on seniority in the Legislature, nor does the amount of time you spent discussing issues as a citizen. It therefore was not mentioned. Also, seniority in most legislative or occupational bodies is measured by the amount of uninterrupted time served, not the total amount of time served, and yet I still included both metrics.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3216 on: October 28, 2012, 07:25:56 PM »

It was not meant to be 'deceptive'. Your time as SoEA has no bearing on seniority in the Legislature, nor does the amount of time you spent discussing issues as a citizen. It therefore was not mentioned. Also, seniority in most legislative or occupational bodies is measured by the amount of uninterrupted time served, not the total amount of time served, and yet I still included both metrics.

My point is that the observer could interpret it to mean that there was a time I was not involved in the affairs of the nation or our region, which is incorrect.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3217 on: October 28, 2012, 07:49:27 PM »

There is little that has been formalized about this process. Still, I am hardly any more enthusiastic to make this decision than the Legislator in question. I may do so if pressed. Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3218 on: October 28, 2012, 11:11:01 PM »

What if I abstain? Then will I force PiT's hand?

I assume this position is non-partisan, correct, and when I look for a leader of the senate, I want someone who is active and has a history of being active. Both of these guys qualify and thus explains my dilemma. SJoyce did a good job with JBrase's absence, etc..
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3219 on: October 28, 2012, 11:30:32 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

If the Good Lord had intended for us to govern ourselves, he would not have blessed us with an Emperor.

I've heard that in other weak and puny regions, they have no Emperor altogether! Horrors. How will they then divine the will of God?

Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3220 on: October 29, 2012, 01:31:52 AM »

What if I abstain? Then will I force PiT's hand?

I assume this position is non-partisan, correct, and when I look for a leader of the senate, I want someone who is active and has a history of being active. Both of these guys qualify and thus explains my dilemma. SJoyce did a good job with JBrase's absence, etc..

The position is the prerogative of its holder, really. It has never been partisan in the past, but I wonder if that will remain the case. The voting breakdown of the other four Legislators looks vaguely partisan (small sample size, granted). Tongue

If the Good Lord had intended for us to govern ourselves, he would not have blessed us with an Emperor.

I've heard that in other weak and puny regions, they have no Emperor altogether! Horrors. How will they then divine the will of God?

The destiny of every region is guided by The People, and theirs is a force whose mystery confounds even an Emperor's wisdom. Why The People have decided to bless our region above all others with the bounty of Empire, I can but merely guess.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3221 on: October 29, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »

God? Please, Ben, The People are the ones that give Us our power. Through them and their blessings, anything is possible.

As for speaker, who wants it more? It seems like a monotonous position that would bore me to death.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3222 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:08 PM »

As for speaker, who wants it more? It seems like a monotonous position that would bore me to death.

I formally request that The People look into these eyes, in order to better see the true and total desire/intent for said office.

These are the eyes of a dedicated public servant.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3223 on: October 29, 2012, 04:56:46 PM »

Aye, but it is God who has seen fit to grant us reason and we have a responsibility to exercise it.
Wisconsin+17
Ben Kenobi
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3224 on: October 29, 2012, 05:00:14 PM »

The honorable member from the delightful state of Florida is a well deserving candidate. I am privileged to have the opportunity to cast a ballot in his name. Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 ... 170  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies