The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:42:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature (search mode)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: The Imperial Dominion of the South's Legislature  (Read 297933 times)
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 02:54:27 PM »

I was very tempted to just put this, lol Smiley
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 09:47:10 PM »

However, I simply reiterate that any change I do support must actually make Atlasia better, not simply be a change from the status quo without purpose.
I agree with BK in that there shouldn't be any change for the sake of change, we should focus first and foremost on cleaning up the Constitution, then we could get on to anything else that would serve to benifit Atlasia.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 02:08:27 PM »

Looks like Senator Bacon King shall be the delegate, I'm confident he will represent the SE well Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 02:21:29 PM »

There were already things in the queue, but they are not terribly important matters, so I will put this in the front of the queue, allowing it to come to the floor now.

Looks good, but I suggest that we specify how we are going to pay for it. I am also not sure how specific "institute of higher learning" is in legal terms.
I agree, the bill should elaborate on how it will be payed for. I am assuming "institute of higher learning" covers all community colleges, universities, trade schools ect.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 02:38:35 PM »

There were already things in the queue, but they are not terribly important matters, so I will put this in the front of the queue, allowing it to come to the floor now.

Looks good, but I suggest that we specify how we are going to pay for it. I am also not sure how specific "institute of higher learning" is in legal terms.
I guess we could define institute of higher learning as any accredited trade school, college or university?

And we do have a small surplus at this point, so I don't know that we need to specify anything besides that it has to do with an income tax. I guess if we had to we could divert some of the funds from the lottery scholarships over to this bill. Any other suggestions?
As much as I don't to discriminate based on income, how about it only apply to households making X amount or less every year? It would seem like a waste to give tax credits to people who can already afford college.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2010, 09:11:00 PM »

Southeastern Educational Incentive Act

X Jbrase
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2010, 09:26:31 PM »

I believe we should get to Darth Dibble's The Supreme Judicial Overlord's bill before we anger him and he goes on a rampage destroying the Capitol with his mighty gavel.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »

Well it seems my motion was not terribly popular. Tongue Perhaps we should take care of the bills in their pre-existing order?
Eh, we could talk about evilness. Perhaps the speaker could be known as Emperor?
ahem,  if anyone gets that title It should be the Governor (not that I'm an imperialist authoritarian or anything Tongue)

How about Dark Lord of the House?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: August 01, 2010, 11:30:39 PM »
« Edited: August 02, 2010, 12:31:22 AM by SE Gov. JBrase »

PiT and I came up with this what do you guys think of this as an amendment to vote on in the regional voting booth?

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2010, 12:31:32 AM »

PiT and I came up with this what do you guys think of this as an amendment to vote on in the regional voting booth?

We should be the Southeastern Empire. Republics are for the non-evil.
amended
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2010, 02:58:01 PM »

ok, with a few changes how does this look?
and I agree with PiT, as the amendment clearly states,in slightly different words, we couldn't care less what federal bureaucrats think of it, as we are doing nothing illegal.
(I italicized the changes)

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2010, 09:20:01 PM »

Ok, but I still like "Dominion" better - I think it has more style.
When I hear "Dominion" I tend to think "British Commonwealth" which isn't exactly the definition of Evil.

So are we going to put the bill to vote?
You might want to ask Africans and Southeast Asians if that sounds evil lol.

when we are ready we'll put it to a vote regional vote in the voting booth.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2010, 10:16:44 PM »

How about "Imperial Dominion of the Southeast"? That way we get both options in.
why not drop the "east" in it. 
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2010, 11:00:32 PM »

That actually reminds me, what is the process for a region changing its name? We may need the federal government to do something, because the names have an official federal role. Remember the labelled map the SoFE includes in the voting booth.
Is there a process at all? if not then I believe are covered by Article IV, Section 3, Clause 2 which delegates powers not prohibited, to the regions. In which case we kindly ask they change the name on federal documents, maps, ect.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2010, 11:38:46 PM »

The Pacific region changed its name from the Western region long ago. Maybe there exists some reference to how they did it. Or maybe we should just not make the change effective on the federal level, because "Imperial Dominion of the South(east)" would be a ridiculously long name to stick on that map.
Hmmm, we should look into that. and it could be shortened to I.D.S. on maps. I'm still fond of Southern Empire myself though, its short, evil, and to the point.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2010, 03:25:43 PM »
« Edited: August 03, 2010, 03:29:41 PM by SE Gov. JBrase »

So everyone happy with this as the finished product to go to the ballot box? If so Should I go ahead and open up a vote on it or wait till the end of the week?

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2010, 10:24:35 PM »

I believe this thread's title needs to be updated Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: August 07, 2010, 08:35:34 PM »

This would be a better choice Smiley
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2010, 03:08:48 AM »

The flag is nice and evil, but we need some sort of villainous motto for it.
Cherish liberty. Destroy the Jedi.
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #69 on: August 11, 2010, 12:43:07 PM »

Three things:

1. Villains don't tend to tout liberty, so I'm not sure it's villainous for our motto to contain "cherish liberty".
2. While I'm all for destroying the Jedi, I don't think the Imperial Dominion should overly reflect a singular evil philosophy. Destroying the Jedi is primarily a Sith goal. I think we need a motto that reflects a more generic evil sentiment.
3. The Jedi are technically a religion, albeit a highly misguided one, and as such I don't think having such a motto on our flag would be constitutional - you know, separation of church and state and whatnot.
How about a Vader quote "...Join us or Die..."
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:07 PM »

Three things:

1. Villains don't tend to tout liberty, so I'm not sure it's villainous for our motto to contain "cherish liberty".
2. While I'm all for destroying the Jedi, I don't think the Imperial Dominion should overly reflect a singular evil philosophy. Destroying the Jedi is primarily a Sith goal. I think we need a motto that reflects a more generic evil sentiment.
3. The Jedi are technically a religion, albeit a highly misguided one, and as such I don't think having such a motto on our flag would be constitutional - you know, separation of church and state and whatnot.
How about a Vader quote "...Join us or Die..."

Maybe, but again we're getting stuck on Star Wars. As the founder of the Atlasian Association for the Advancement of Evil People, I want the region to reflect a wide variety of types of evil.

Also, Vader is a bit problematic. Certainly he committed great atrocities in the name of the Dark Side of the Force, and that is to be commended, but we mustn't forget that he was weak. He betrayed and killed his master, not out of greed and desire to take his power for himself as any proper evil would do, but out of compassion! He turned to good at the end! Can you really say that he is a proper role model for the next generation which will inevitably betray us and seize power from us?
True, you have any suggestions for an evil motto for the flag?
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2010, 11:31:34 AM »

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” - Shakespeare  (I particularly like this one)

I like that one as well, but it lets add just 3 more teaspoons of evil, translate it into Latin.

Abyssus est cassus quod diabolus es hac
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2010, 02:44:33 PM »

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” - Shakespeare  (I particularly like this one)

I like that one as well, but it lets add just 3 more teaspoons of evil, translate it into Latin.

Abyssus est cassus quod diabolus es hac

I like it! I'll make a few versions of the proposed flags with this later.
Here is a version I made. I think the letters would look better in red, but for an uknown reason, MS paint would only allow black, white and gray.

CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2010, 05:36:59 PM »

The vote is open on the new federal Regional flag
CatoMinor
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2010, 10:12:50 PM »

I need a special pen for this...

Flag change Bill:
X JBrase