PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:36:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  2010 Senatorial Election Polls
  PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PA/Quinnipiac: Specter comes back to life  (Read 10281 times)
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« on: March 09, 2010, 08:55:47 PM »

I'm a bit skeptical of this poll, too, since it's so far removed from all the other polls on this race. As for the suggestion of an R2K poll, I ignore those regardless of what they say.

I can't agree with the suggestion that Toomey can't win, either. Specter really had a lot of anger stirred up against him during the town hall meetings. I think Toomey could quite easily make some very effective ads from some of those videos.
ScottM

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: 4.35

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 10:46:53 PM »

A former president of the club for growth won't win a election in any democrat state. And Pennsylvania voted for the D's candidate for president in 1992, 1996, 2000, 2004 and 2008.

Stop tempting fate.  Toomey will likely win as it is...pretending Specter's a shoo-in ignores his very real vulnerability.  Given that most of the electorate, right and left, view him as an opportunistic phony and, as Mr. Moderate pointed out, Dem turnout will be suppressed by an uncompetitive governor's race, Specter's in the race of his career.  Not even Arlen Specter could invent up a magic bullet better designed for ending his career.

It's definitely a stupid idea for Democrats to pretend that Specter can't lose. They should have learned that from the Massachusetts special election. I hope they do take that position, though I strongly doubt they will.

As things are right now I'm reasonably confident that Toomey will win, but it's a long time until November.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies