Huckabee rips CPAC as "too libertarian" and "pay for play"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:42:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Huckabee rips CPAC as "too libertarian" and "pay for play"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Huckabee rips CPAC as "too libertarian" and "pay for play"  (Read 2185 times)
Zarn
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2010, 03:23:24 PM »

i like the Huckster more and more.  i just hope Romney doesn't pay off him or Palin to stay in the nomination contest.  Palin and Huck need to make a pact that whichever one finishes behind the other in IA, drops out and endorses the other.  Maybe the alliance can beat Moneybagz Mitt.  Once that's done, they can form a ticket and beat moneybagz Obama™.

Or we can actually reform the Republican Party and have some actual change. No more big government.

Yeah, right. Tell me how the GOP squished government down to size when Dubya was President and rubberstamp majorities of Republicans controlled Congress. Six years, and they had their chance.

All that we have to show for that is lots of dead bodies -- American, Iraqi, and Afghan; tax cuts for the super-rich while Big Business became importers instead of manufacturers; huge profits for war profiteers; speculative boom that went belly-up and reeks worse than skunk spray; and unfunded Medicare benefit; and finally the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

We have big spending now just to cover the consequences of a horrible economic downturn, and if we didn't spend the money to counteract the Depression that might have ensued, then we would be headed to a dangerous situation. Think of Russia in 1917 or Germany in 1932. Our economic elite is no better than the court of Nicholas II, and the white part of the American masses are as gullible as the Germans were around 1932. If you think big spending is bad now, just think how difficult things would be if people faced the threat of starvation so that some politicians can cut spending to the bone -- literally the bones of people who did nothing to deserve their distress.

Fiscal responsibility in 2003 meant finishing the job in Afghanistan instead of diverting military resources in an aggressive war in Iraq, raising taxes in wartime instead of cutting them for people who could most afford to pay them, and pushing war bonds instead of real estate speculation. Fiscal responsibility in 2010 means rescuing America from the follies of George W. Bush.

And you can try reading...
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2010, 03:25:50 PM »

i like the Huckster more and more.  i just hope Romney doesn't pay off him or Palin to stay in the nomination contest.  Palin and Huck need to make a pact that whichever one finishes behind the other in IA, drops out and endorses the other.  Maybe the alliance can beat Moneybagz Mitt.  Once that's done, they can form a ticket and beat moneybagz Obama™.

Or we can actually reform the Republican Party and have some actual change. No more big government.

Yeah, right. Tell me how the GOP squished government down to size when Dubya was President and rubberstamp majorities of Republicans controlled Congress. Six years, and they had their chance.

All that we have to show for that is lots of dead bodies -- American, Iraqi, and Afghan; tax cuts for the super-rich while Big Business became importers instead of manufacturers; huge profits for war profiteers; speculative boom that went belly-up and reeks worse than skunk spray; and unfunded Medicare benefit; and finally the worst economic downturn since the Great Depression.

We have big spending now just to cover the consequences of a horrible economic downturn, and if we didn't spend the money to counteract the Depression that might have ensued, then we would be headed to a dangerous situation. Think of Russia in 1917 or Germany in 1932. Our economic elite is no better than the court of Nicholas II, and the white part of the American masses are as gullible as the Germans were around 1932. If you think big spending is bad now, just think how difficult things would be if people faced the threat of starvation so that some politicians can cut spending to the bone -- literally the bones of people who did nothing to deserve their distress.

Fiscal responsibility in 2003 meant finishing the job in Afghanistan instead of diverting military resources in an aggressive war in Iraq, raising taxes in wartime instead of cutting them for people who could most afford to pay them, and pushing war bonds instead of real estate speculation. Fiscal responsibility in 2010 means rescuing America from the follies of George W. Bush.

The sad thing is, he's absolutely correct. We have got to re-think our political alliances.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2010, 03:26:27 PM »

The sad thing is, he's absolutely correct. We have got to re-think our political alliances.

Okay, you both can learn to read.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2010, 03:28:39 PM »

And you can learn to think. The Republican Party is irredeemable.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2010, 03:59:53 PM »

Too libertarian? I went a year ago and found the crowd to be pretty interesting. Most of them were hopeless partisans and some were Paulites, but all of them would give me a hard time for my views. I guess the Paul folks packed the crowd this year.
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2010, 04:04:37 PM »

It's not when the youth are dramatically different.
Anthony
Rookie
United States

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2010, 09:18:35 PM »

I agree. The youth are dramatically different, in a way. They are far more liberal than older voters.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2010, 09:29:57 PM »

I agree. The youth are dramatically different, in a way. They are far more liberal than older voters.

As a corollary of that, they are also shaping up to be disproportionately Democratic, because they aren't fans of the extreme social conservatism promulgated by the leaders of the Republican Party.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2010, 10:31:19 PM »

Our party needs to get away from the religious right, and they can form their own party. We don't need the government to tell us how we should live our lives.
Free Palestine
FallenMorgan
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -10.00

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2010, 10:51:03 PM »

The way people booed when Paul won the straw poll, I wouldn't say CPAC is very libertarian.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2010, 10:55:17 PM »

The way people booed when Paul won the straw poll, I wouldn't say CPAC is very libertarian.

Well, 31% are paleoconservatives, or something.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies