Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 12:12:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8
Author Topic: Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.  (Read 13451 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2010, 10:44:29 AM »

Jesus, would everyone chill out? It's a game.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2010, 11:00:15 AM »

JCP, JCP, JCP, JCP. You're being very careful to beg for Populares support without actually saying so.

This would be credible, except, ya know, some Populares voted for Bacon King. But you and I both know that some of us don't need any more bacon than we've already had, right? Wink

Too? MUCH? BACON?!?

Listen Mainer, I don't know how they do things in New England where apparently even conservatives are fond of tofu, but I'm from the Midwest where talk like that was a hanging offense not long ago! Wink

Besides, being from Maine you must know how good lobster wrapped in bacon is, right? Think bacon-wrapped scallops, only better. Mmmmmmmm Smiley
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2010, 11:04:18 AM »

I liked Bacon King until I read his discriminatory platform

"Discriminatory"? Por que?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2010, 11:21:02 AM »

JCP, JCP, JCP, JCP. You're being very careful to beg for Populares support without actually saying so.

This would be credible, except, ya know, some Populares voted for Bacon King. But you and I both know that some of us don't need any more bacon than we've already had, right? Wink

Too? MUCH? BACON?!?

Listen Mainer, I don't know how they do things in New England where apparently even conservatives are fond of tofu, but I'm from the Midwest where talk like that was a hanging offense not long ago! Wink

Besides, being from Maine you must know how good lobster wrapped in bacon is, right? Think bacon-wrapped scallops, only better. Mmmmmmmm Smiley

I don't like any pork product, and I don't live in New England. Not even in small amounts. Wink
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

How did I know that when I went to bed and came back in the afternoon that this page would have turned into a farce. Also remind me never again to post immediately post Marina and the Diamonds concert Smiley

Last Stretch

There have been criticisms of what I have proposed which I am comfortable with. I think it is as thorough a programme as it could have been given that I declared twenty four hours before the deadline. I have already announced that I am standing down as Senator at the end of the next session due to a variety of reasons. But I felt I was willing to make the time for this endeavor; to take the reigns of the Presidency and transform it, to make it more accountable to the people. I want to make the Cabinet more active bringing them into policy making. I want to do the things that have been often talked about but got bogged down, as they always did.

To 'quote' one of the songs I heard last night; Cheesy

I'm obsessed with the mess that's Atlasia

The great thing about what I want to do is that if I won you'd get one term, perhaps two. Who came next could choose to continue with it, or dismantle the reforms.

I can understand the desire for stability in the Presidency and the Presidency for the best part of two years or more has broadly followed a similar pattern and style. But the chance of something different for just a while I think is exciting.

I think the Cabinet would like it; because I will ask them to meet together, as a full cabinet come up with policy.

I think the Senate would like it; because that would generate bills, because I will adress the Senate; because I will be answerable to questions that the Senate raise (hopefully in a  'PM Questions style forum)

I think Governors would like it; because they would be more closely involved at government meetings and would sit with the Senate during a re-introduced State of the Nation.

Above all I think the voters will like it; because I am answerable to their concerns through a dedicated channel and above all I will have a record to defend.  If I am unpopular my campaign for re-election becomes a rough ride, I am responsible for all the tough decisions made. I may be extraordinarily unpopular. Which...would be a good thing for a game; sometimes when things go wrong, when situations become desperate the game is at it's most enjoyable.

Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2010, 07:35:53 PM »

Afleitch,

I'm sorry I didn't preference you. I was absent the last few days, and I had no knowledge of your candidacy. I believe that I glanced at it and forgot later, and when I voted, It was too late. However, you have my utmost support at this point. Bacon King is a great guy, but so was Hubert Humphrey, and I don't think that the JCP deserves a fifth term in power. Good luck, and I sincerely hope you win.

Sincerely,

NiK
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2010, 07:37:06 PM »

Afleitch,

I'm sorry I didn't preference you. I was absent the last few days, and I had no knowledge of your candidacy. I believe that I glanced at it and forgot later, and when I voted, It was too late. However, you have my utmost support at this point. Bacon King is a great guy, but so was Hubert Humphrey, and I don't think that the JCP deserves a fifth term in power. Good luck, and I sincerely hope you win.

Sincerely,

NiK

Didn't you look at the ballot before you voted? Smiley
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

Afleitch,

Sincerely,

NiK

Nope, heh. Smiley
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2010, 08:14:21 PM »

Afleitch,

Sincerely,

NiK

Nope, heh. Smiley

Hey, I reminded you right after you posted your ballot. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2010, 08:45:03 PM »

Bacon King is a great guy, but so was Hubert Humphrey, and I don't think that the JCP deserves a fifth term in power.

This is why this campaign is so frustrating. It's not even about the candidate or any of the issues in the campaign at all. No one cares about what Bacon King supports, what Bacon King has done, who Bacon King even is, but rather "He's from the JCP, let's vote against him." It's impossible to defend against that sort of immature rationale; not caring for the candidate just because of the party.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »

Bacon King is a great guy, but so was Hubert Humphrey, and I don't think that the JCP deserves a fifth term in power.

This is why this campaign is so frustrating. It's not even about the candidate or any of the issues in the campaign at all. No one cares about what Bacon King supports, what Bacon King has done, who Bacon King even is, but rather "He's from the JCP, let's vote against him." It's impossible to defend against that sort of immature rationale; not caring for the candidate just because of the party.

We know that he will obey the JCP as president. Don't pretend otherwise.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2010, 08:49:09 PM »

As usual Libertas apparently knows more about the secret inside mind control of the JCP than I've ever known of.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2010, 08:52:15 PM »

As usual Libertas apparently knows more about the secret inside mind control of the JCP than I've ever known of.

*whip*

Get in your place, minion! Evil
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:13 PM »

*whip*

Get in your place, minion! Evil

You're only allowed to talk to me that way in the bedroom. Tongue
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:51 PM »

One could say people are voting for him because of his party too. People are just sick of the JCP monopolizing the Presidency. You would be too if the RPP had dominated it for 4 terms.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2010, 08:55:00 PM »

One could say people are voting for him because of his party too. People are just sick of the JCP monopolizing the Presidency. You would be too if the RPP had dominated it for 4 terms.

If you want a "change," I don't think achieving it by voting for a former President makes a whole lot of sense, but that's just me... Smiley
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2010, 08:56:25 PM »

I think if Bacon King by some strange chance loses, there would be a fairly accurate analogy to make between him & Adlai Stevenson.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:35 PM »

I think if Bacon King by some strange chance loses, there would be a fairly accurate analogy to make between him & Adlai Stevenson.

An analogy closer to home would be Jas, an incumbent Vice President initially favored to win. Though Jas did not make it to the final round, which BK of course will.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »

If you want a "change," I don't think achieving it by voting for a former President makes a whole lot of sense, but that's just me... Smiley

What should I do? Vote for an inexperienced ideological Senator? Yeah, that'll work great.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2010, 09:00:51 PM »

What should I do? Vote for an inexperienced ideological Senator? Yeah, that'll work great.

*Shrug*

Just say you voted the way you did because you agree with the candidate more? Because the other argument just doesn't make a lot of sense. Lips Sealed
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2010, 09:01:24 PM »

Most of Bacon King's votes are "He's from the JCP, let's vote for him." It goes both ways.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2010, 09:05:36 PM »

Most of Bacon King's votes are "He's from the JCP, let's vote for him." It goes both ways.

The main issue with Atlasia is that it seems impossible to balance between a state of affairs where parties are completely meaningless & a state of affairs where parties are overarching behemoths needed to win any office higher than dogcatcher.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2010, 09:12:53 PM »

I voted for BK because he's the most reasonable and leftist candidate that actually gives a damn about the job. Maybe if you actually made an effort, I and some others might've been tempted to vote for you. I hate saying things like "I was left no other choice" but BK and I aren't ideological brothers, and I didn't have many other choices for who's closest to me and can do the job.

I've said this many times. Once upon a time in a land right smack dab where we are now, I almost, almost, almost voted for PiT over Lief. It takes outreach and actual effort. You made no effort at. all. and now complain about your performance. It's like you intentionally failed just to use it as some sort of weapon against the system.
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »

I'll admit I'm a bit surprised Bacon King has been doing as well with the forum's left-wing members as he has. I was fully expecting Xahar to be a lot closer to him in votes (at least in the early rounds), instead BK is demolishing him 4-to-1 in the first round. Not that I'm complaining... Wink
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »

I almost, almost, almost voted for PiT over Lief......

.....and then I suppose bgwah whipped you for thinking about disobeying your betters? Tongue
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies