Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 10:44:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8
Author Topic: Afleitch for President? - Because what's on offer isn't good enough.  (Read 13450 times)
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2010, 02:52:13 AM »

JCP, JCP, JCP, JCP. You're being very careful to beg for Populares support without actually saying so.

BURN THE WITCHES
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2010, 02:53:51 AM »

JCP, JCP, JCP, JCP. You're being very careful to beg for Populares support without actually saying so.

This would be credible, except, ya know, some Populares voted for Bacon King. But you and I both know that some of us don't need any more bacon than we've already had, right? Wink
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #102 on: February 20, 2010, 02:56:54 AM »

This would be credible, except, ya know, some Populares voted for Bacon King. But you and I both know that some of us don't need any more bacon than we've already had, right? Wink

BK is a moderate fellow, so him getting moderate POP votes is all well and good. I don't care about who gets the votes. It's more about Afleitch emphatically making a show of rejecting the party machine of the Populares but instead the ticket seems to be playing this clever little implication dance winking and nodding for Populares support instead of just coming out and saying it.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »

BK is a moderate fellow, so him getting moderate POP votes is all well and good. I don't care about who gets the votes. It's more about Afleitch emphatically making a show of rejecting the party machine of the Populares but instead the ticket seems to be playing this clever little implication dance winking and nodding for Populares support instead of just coming out and saying it.

And Bacon King didn't try to win Populares support? It's called campaigning. Roll Eyes
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2010, 03:01:20 AM »

Well, duh. But we also both know that this game is full of lame ass moderate heroes on one side and judgmental jerks who are "above ideology" (aka they want to fit in) on the other, so of course the ticket will do all they can to shy away from the monster. But hey, it only makes them look bad. They lose credibility to us and no one on your side takes what they say rejecting us seriously. I like afleitch but not Smid and I liked Bacon King until I read his discriminatory platform plus he has a fascist running mate. So I ended up preferencing this ticket over the JCP ticket but I still don't really care to see it win. I like what afleitch has laid out for his ideas and stuff but I'm not comfortable having someone so inactive and careless as VP. He should've picked Duke or someone worthwhile. I say this knowing Smid talks about me behind my back so I really don't care what anyone says about me being apparently disrespectful. I speak my mind because I know I'm right.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #105 on: February 20, 2010, 03:06:21 AM »

And Bacon King didn't try to win Populares support? It's called campaigning. Roll Eyes

Like I said, BK didn't try to play it both ways. He kindly asked for support and tried to show how his positions were workable to Populares goals. He didn't try and reject your party's machine while at the same time playing this "teehee, let's play footsie under the table" sort of game.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #106 on: February 20, 2010, 03:10:28 AM »

Like I said, BK didn't try to play it both ways. He kindly asked for support and tried to show how his positions were workable to Populares goals. He didn't try and reject your party's machine while at the same time playing this "teehee, let's play footsie under the table" sort of game.

Honestly, Marokai, what the hell are you talking about ? "Teehee, let's play footsie under the table"?  Your constant negativity is getting ridiculous now.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #107 on: February 20, 2010, 03:13:30 AM »

Honestly, Marokai, what the hell are you talking about ? "Teehee, let's play footsie under the table"?  Your constant negativity is getting ridiculous now.

Smid's entire post included repeated references to the big bad JCP "juggernaut." It's just uncharacteristically silly and offensive in it's implications and the only explanation for it is an attempt to very lightly throw a bone to the Populares, since this ticket will rely on Populares voters for it's potential victory.

If it's part of their "character" or the "game" of campaigning, then it's just another reason why I hate being intentionally dishonest for the sake of "playing along."

I don't mean to clog up the entire thread with my commentary of every campaign development, nor do I mean to be negative or try to start a fight. Far from it. But this campaign just seems consistently vague and contradictory and the only reason it's taken as seriously as it is, is because it has "Afleitch" in front of it.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #108 on: February 20, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »

Honestly, Marokai, what the hell are you talking about ? "Teehee, let's play footsie under the table"?  Your constant negativity is getting ridiculous now.

Smid's entire post included repeated references to the big bad JCP "juggernaut." It's just uncharacteristically silly and offensive in it's implications and the only explanation for it is an attempt to very lightly throw a bone to the Populares, since this ticket will rely on Populares voters for it's potential victory.

If it's part of their "character" or the "game" of campaigning, then it's just another reason why I hate being intentionally dishonest for the sake of "playing along."

I don't mean to clog up the entire thread with my commentary of every campaign development, nor do I mean to be negative or try to start a fight. Far from it. But this campaign just seems consistently vague and contradictory and the only reason it's take seriously is because it has "Afleitch" in front of it.

Who said anything about hating the JCP simply for being in the Populares? I'd vote for any JCPer bar you (or at least most) over that tool Smid.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #109 on: February 20, 2010, 03:16:33 AM »

I really don't see what's wrong with Smid. Of all right-wingers in Atlasia, he has probably been by far the most communicative and fair, and has on several occasions reached out to me privately with great amount of detail.

I actually quite like Smid, the more I think about it. We had alot of earnest and sometimes heated exchanges during the days of the ConCon.

Ah, those were the days.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #110 on: February 20, 2010, 03:18:07 AM »

I really don't see what's wrong with Smid. Of all right-wingers in Atlasia, he has probably been by far the most communicative and fair, and has on several occasions reached out to me privately with great amount of detail.

I actually quite like Smid, the more I think about it. We had alot of earnest and sometimes heated exchanges during the days of the ConCon.

Ah, those were the days.

Smid is, by miles, the worst RPP member.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #111 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:12 AM »

How? He's done nothing wrong.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #112 on: February 20, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »

I don't mean to clog up the entire thread with my commentary of every campaign development, nor do I mean to be negative or try to start a fight. Far from it. But this campaign just seems consistently vague and contradictory and the only reason it's taken as seriously as it is, is because it has "Afleitch" in front of it.

Um, being opposed to the JCP monopoly is not unique to the Populares.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #113 on: February 20, 2010, 03:24:05 AM »

I don't like that he feels that since he is 'respected' he can cast judgment on people. I never had a problem until I knew the real Smid. My opinion changed fast.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #114 on: February 20, 2010, 03:26:46 AM »

Ah, those were the days.

Agreed, Smid is arrogant, judgmental, and really disrespectful, especially toward newer posters who are outside of his old clique.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #115 on: February 20, 2010, 03:28:17 AM »

Ah, those were the days.

Agreed, Smid is arrogant, judgmental, and really disrespectful, especially toward newer posters who are outside of his old clique.

Do you have some sort of example? You may complain about me alot, but I don't make a habit of unsubstantiated attacks. I haven't seen Smid do anything that rises to level which would justify your dislike of him.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #116 on: February 20, 2010, 03:29:56 AM »

Ah, those were the days.

Do you have some sort of example? You may complain about me alot, but I don't make a habit of unsubstantiated attacks.
LOL. Um, yeah you do. Moreso than anyone else on the forum I think.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix

« Reply #117 on: February 20, 2010, 03:31:08 AM »

Ah, those were the days.

Do you have some sort of example? You may complain about me alot, but I don't make a habit of unsubstantiated attacks. I haven't seen Smid do anything that rises to level which would justify your dislike of him.

I want to believe Smid's distaste towards the Populares were for a genuine reason (he claims its our rudeness or something) yet the man had no qualms trucking around with Hashemite and DWTL so, yeah, sorry bro but I can't take Smid seriously at all.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #118 on: February 20, 2010, 03:34:49 AM »

Ugh. I'm sorry to Afleitch and Smid that I posted in this thread in the first place.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #119 on: February 20, 2010, 03:37:49 AM »

Ugh. I'm sorry to Afleitch and Smid that I posted in this thread in the first place.
Why, you attacking afleitch probably earned his ticket a whole lot more votes.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2010, 03:44:45 AM »

I've merely repeated what I was thinking in my head. I wasn't intending on trying to start a fight or just coming in here slinging out insults and especially not slinging out insults completely unsupported. You both just spent and entire page bashing Smid, and I can understand how you'd want to quickly turn it back around to the traditional "Marokai is being mean again" story instead of the creepiness at which you two are often joined at the hip in threads.

I've privately sent my concerns to both Afleitch and Smid regarding their campaign and stuff. I should've done that from the beginning, knowing you two would drop in immediately at seeing my name pop up. So enjoy yourselves. I trust that Afleitch and Smid can get back to me on their own, without any interference from you two.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2010, 03:47:14 AM »

I've merely repeated what I was thinking in my head. I wasn't intending on trying to start a fight or just coming in here slinging out insults and especially not slinging out insults completely unsupported. You both just spent and entire page bashing Smid, and I can understand how you'd want to quickly turn it back around to the traditional "Marokai is being mean again" story instead of the creepiness at which you two are often joined at the hip in threads.

I've privately sent my concerns to both Afleitch and Smid regarding their campaign and stuff. I should've done that from the beginning, knowing you two would drop in immediately at seeing my name pop up. So enjoy yourselves. I trust that Afleitch and Smid can get back to me on their own, without any interference from you two.

Get a life, please. For your sake and ours.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2010, 03:50:08 AM »

Nobody posting here at this hour has a life.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2010, 03:50:57 AM »

Oh? I dare say everyone here but Marokai has a life.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2010, 10:43:27 AM »

Oh? I dare say everyone here but Marokai has a life.

Says the guy who posted at ten till four in the morning.....

Mr. Pot, meet Mr. Kettle
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies