What would happen if a pro-choicer made the GOP ticket?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:10:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  What would happen if a pro-choicer made the GOP ticket?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: What would happen if a pro-choicer made the GOP ticket?  (Read 5505 times)
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »

Yes.  That is there party platform.  You might consider yourself libertarian because you hold most of their platforms, but pro-choice the libertarian stance on abortion.  End of discussion. http://www.lp.org/platform

There is no libertarian platform. The Libertarian Party does not represent libertarianism.
Yes, the libertarian party doesn't represent libertarian values, but Libertas represents libertarian values?  Sorry, your just wrong and you live in fantasy land.  Libertarians support a woman's right to choose.   Your position on this issue is not libertarian.

I know you are just a troll/sock, but this is really getting tiresome.

The LP does not in any way, shape, or form represent libertarian values. It's platform is irrelevant. Libertarians support individual rights and non-aggression. You are clearly clueless on what constitutes libertarianism.
The Libertarian Party is the beacon for the Libertarian platform.  You’re opinions on abortion do not represent the current libertarian party, and, are therefore, not libertarian.  Libertarians believe in the right over body and the belief that government should stand out of the way of a woman’s decision.  That is the platform. It doesn’t matter if you accept it or not.  You’re just acting like a stubborn fool, especially when you make moronic comments, such as the libertarian party does not represent libertarian values.  You’re out of touch with reality.

By the way, you’re the biggest troll on this board.

While I agree with your analysis of the pro-choice stance, I disagree about the Libertarian Party being the sole authority on what is "libertarian" (how do you explain "Barr/Root"?)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2010, 07:16:49 PM »

Yes.  That is there party platform.  You might consider yourself libertarian because you hold most of their platforms, but pro-choice the libertarian stance on abortion.  End of discussion. http://www.lp.org/platform

There is no libertarian platform. The Libertarian Party does not represent libertarianism.
Yes, the libertarian party doesn't represent libertarian values, but Libertas represents libertarian values?  Sorry, your just wrong and you live in fantasy land.  Libertarians support a woman's right to choose.   Your position on this issue is not libertarian.

The LP does not in any way, shape, or form represent libertarian values. It's platform is irrelevant. Libertarians support individual rights and non-aggression. You are clearly clueless on what constitutes libertarianism.
The Libertarian Party is the beacon for the Libertarian platform.  You’re opinions on abortion do not represent the current libertarian party, and, are therefore, not libertarian.  Libertarians believe in the right over body and the belief that government should stand out of the way of a woman’s decision.  That is the platform. It doesn’t matter if you accept it or not.  You’re just acting like a stubborn fool, especially when you make moronic comments, such as the libertarian party does not represent libertarian values.  You’re out of touch with reality.

No it isn't. With regard to libertarianism, you haven't a clue.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 07:20:52 PM »

Yes, the libertarian party doesn't represent libertarian values, but Libertas represents libertarian values?  Sorry, your just wrong and you live in fantasy land.  Libertarians support a woman's right to choose.   Your position on this issue is not libertarian.

The Libertarian Party is the beacon for the Libertarian platform.  You’re opinions on abortion do not represent the current libertarian party, and, are therefore, not libertarian.  Libertarians believe in the right over body and the belief that government should stand out of the way of a woman’s decision.  That is the platform. It doesn’t matter if you accept it or not.  You’re just acting like a stubborn fool, especially when you make moronic comments, such as the libertarian party does not represent libertarian values.  You’re out of touch with reality.

No it isn't. With regard to libertarianism, you haven't a clue.

WHO MADE YOU GOD AND KING OF WHAT LIBERTARIANISM IS?
Shut up with your purist dogma bullsh*t Libertas, it's becoming old and trite.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 02:51:19 AM »

What would happen if a pro-choicer made the GOP ticket? I'd be more likely to vote for it. We could probably do better in suburbs than we did with Bush. We could also have a chance to carry some Dem-leaning or Dem-held House seats due to coattails.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 03:01:08 AM »

What would happen if a pro-choicer made the GOP ticket? I'd be more likely to vote for it. We could probably do better in suburbs than we did with Bush. We could also have a chance to carry some Dem-leaning or Dem-held House seats due to coattails.

Nominating a "pro-choicer" would kill any shot there is of a Republican winning back the White House in 2012. He would go down even harder than McCain did in 08.
Jensen
geraldford76
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -8.17

« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2010, 03:02:54 AM »

Nominating a "pro-choicer" would kill any shot there is of a Republican winning back the White House in 2012. He would go down even harder than McCain did in 08.

Uh, says who?
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #56 on: February 17, 2010, 03:03:59 AM »

Uh, says who?

Common sense and historical comparisons.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #57 on: February 17, 2010, 03:29:50 AM »

a lot of people vote Republican based on this issue, or have been drawn to the party because of it.
a GOP VP nominee would probably not be a big problem if he/she were opposed to public financing of abortion and supported some moderate restrictions like parental notification. a pro-choice presidential nominee would allow a pro-life third party to suck away a lot of votes.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2010, 03:30:53 AM »

a lot of people vote Republican based on this issue, or have been drawn to the party because of it.
a GOP VP nominee would probably not be a big problem if he/she were opposed to public financing of abortion and supported some moderate restrictions like parental notification. a pro-choice presidential nominee would allow a pro-life third party to suck away a lot of votes.

Yes, it would be a blowout defeat for the GOP. Pro-life is one of their few winning issues at the moment.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2010, 06:47:06 PM »

While I don't agree the Libertarian Party is a good model for 'Libertarianism', I do agree that a central point of Libertarianism is Self-Ownership being the highest priority. I, and probably most Libertarians on this board and in public are probably pro-choice even if they are pro life in private.

And honestly, as a Male, I feel absolutely no right to regulate a Woman's privacy even if I wasn't pro-choice.
Coburn In 2012

« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2010, 10:15:06 AM »

I would vote constitution.  but It wont happen.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »

While I don't agree the Libertarian Party is a good model for 'Libertarianism', I do agree that a central point of Libertarianism is Self-Ownership being the highest priority. I, and probably most Libertarians on this board and in public are probably pro-choice even if they are pro life in private.

And honestly, as a Male, I feel absolutely no right to regulate a Woman's privacy even if I wasn't pro-choice.

Well hopefully you will soon come to see the flaws in such a position...
milhouse24
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2010, 12:20:58 AM »

Well hopefully you will soon come to see the flaws in such a position...
Do you think poor women should receive social services and financial assistance to raise their children, or should the kids die of starvation afterwards a better alternative?
Zarn
YaBB God

« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »

He was saying the ideology and party are two different things. Yes, the party follows the ideology in its own way, but the Libertarian Party is extremely restrictive. Which is why it will never take off. Libertas has a different way, I guess. I don't follow his politics too closely.

Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies