What are the chances of these posters returning?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 05, 2024, 11:35:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What are the chances of these posters returning?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What are the chances of these posters returning?  (Read 1787 times)
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:26:30 PM »
« edited: January 24, 2010, 06:31:36 PM by NiK »

PBrunsel
Gabu
Keystone Phil
JewishConservative
Reaganfan
TheWildCard
Straha
ColinW
Robert Stark
StatesRights
Angry_Weasel
Ringorules
SPC
DWTL

What do you think the chances of any of these posters returning are? Granted, there are many, many more that I am forgetting...
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »

I think JewCon left as well.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 06:31:18 PM »

Forgot, I'll add...
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:36:20 PM »

Ringorules was last active today.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:36:39 PM »

I think Reaganfan plans to come back after he comes back from....Iraq?

JewCon may already be back. *Cough*

DWTL and Keystone Phil, probably not, or at least for a long while.

The others I don't really know that well.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:41:02 PM »

You forget Teddy.

JSojourner
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.94

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 06:42:52 PM »

No idea.  I doubt anyone knows -- and if they do, I hope they will speak up. Inquiring minds DO want to know.  As to those named...

I always admired and respected PBrunsel, Colin and Ringo.  I would have to do a search on Weasel and Wild Card as I can't quite place them.  Gabu was around when I first came on board and he seemed a pretty decent fellow, but we never interacted.

I never much cared for Phil's politics or his posts, but we got on well.  Naso was a trip and a half and I really enjoyed his hurricane reports.  Not that I'm all that into weather, but I particularly enjoy seeing someone do what THEY love doing.  His 80's fetishes were a gas, too.

What can I say about my old pal, States Rights?  Sometimes, he would make me so angry I could spit...like referring to the Presidents little children as "adorable little pickaninnies" and then feigning innocence as though the term was perfectly acceptable.  OTOH, States could be extremely kind and caring if he knew you were in a bad way.  He was willing to really think some issues through, too.  Though where race and rebellion were concerned, the blinders were certainly on.  I liked him, miss him and kinda half hope he comes back.

DWTL and I crossed swords almost immediately when he insisted that women who have abortions should be executed.  And when he suggested that "life of the mother" was an unacceptable reason for having an abortion. I found such thinking absolutely chilling. But I have to say -- I really DID appreciate his --- errr---what shall we call it? --- enthusiasm for dispatching Jewish Conservative from the forum. That little snot annoyed the hell out of me.

SPC? Probably a very nice young man. But he lost me when he essentially said we could get everything done in this country -- including defense -- through private donations. That goes beyond the usual "road and bridge fairy" thinking to just plain clueless.

Straha and Stark can take a long walk off a short pier.

My favorite posters had better NEVER leave or I will hunt them down and make them listen to Hee Haw soundtracks on a continuous loop.

True. No one asked my opinion. But eh...what the hell?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 06:44:18 PM »

and catmusic
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »

Teddy left? Oh, D'oh! Now I remember...
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 07:00:32 PM »

PBrunsel - Dont know him

Gabu - Possibly

Keystone Phil - Maybe. Why did he leave? I remember that it was around the same time that East Coast Republican was harrassing him....

JewishConservative - He's probably already back.

Reaganfan - Possibly

TheWildCard - Don't know him

Straha - Possibly

ColinW - Don't know him

Robert Stark - He's been gone for months before

StatesRights - Possibly

Angry_Weasel - Don't know him

Ringorules - Don't know him

SPC - Don't know him

DWTL - I didn't even know he'd left
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2010, 07:16:14 PM »

What is JewCon's new screen name? Is his spelling, grammar and general writing ability better under his new screen name?  Ya, I know, I tend to  intolerant of a literacy level that falls short of my little standards.  Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2010, 08:17:19 PM »

What is JewCon's new screen name? Is his spelling, grammar and general writing ability better under his new screen name?  Ya, I know, I tend to  intolerant of a literacy level that falls short of my little standards.  Smiley

I spoke with him on AIM recently and he said he's not going to return.   
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2010, 08:23:34 PM »

I spoke with him on AIM recently and he said he's not going to return.   

Tell him Gio said Hi!
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2010, 08:28:14 PM »

I like StatesRights. He tried so hard not to be an Arab. I admire such self-loathing in a man.

Or what, lardass?

Wink
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2010, 08:33:23 PM »

I like StatesRights. He tried so hard not to be an Arab. I admire such self-loathing in a man.

That statement does not make much sense. Does being or Arab ancestry imply such imperative as to a certain politics, as to which if you don't subscribe, you are self loathing?  Are you as hard on yourself, as you are on others?  Just curious.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2010, 08:38:14 PM »

That statement does not make much sense. Does being or Arab ancestry imply such imperative as to a certain politics, as to which if you don't subscribe, you are self loathing?  Are you as hard on yourself, as you are on others?  Just curious.

It makes sense when the Arab in question intentionally adopts a certain persona to distract from the concrete facts of his descent.

I am still confused as to why his descent is any more relevant as  to what he posts than a warm cup of spit. It sounds almost like a "blood libel" (I use that term since you seem to be implying that Arabs are children of the damned as a genetic matter).
East Coast Republican

« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2010, 08:42:57 PM »

Keystone Phil - Maybe. Why did he leave? I remember that it was around the same time that East Coast Republican was harrassing him....

That's right!  He left because I EXPOSED him.  Why the ATLAS CULT respected him is beyond my comprehension.  As soon as I challenged him on NJ he fled this place like a dog with his tail between his legs.

AND Christie prevailing in NJ only further vindicated me as a person using knowledge to determine an election and Phillip as a jerkface who used this website to push others around and make himself feel like a smart person.  

He won't come back because he is scared.  I didn't harrass him.  I just called him out on his trash.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2010, 08:54:53 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 08:58:02 PM by Torie »

I totally reject that point of view Einzige, and it is odd that your as a individualist and libertarian (of a rather odd sort but whatever), would subscribe to it. Sure we are influenced by our ancestry typically, and our tribe, and religion, etc., but we should be free to reject such influences, or refuse such influences, or decide that the culture of our environment has more salience than our ancestral culture on some matters, or perhaps be the issue of parents who have totally assimilated away from them, themselves, without being traduced for that. It just seems so totally anti-freedom to me. Heck as a WASP, I was raised to be suspicious of Catholics, and the Catholic religion, as something sinister. I as an adult rejected all of that, both intellectually, and more importantly, emotionally.

Being an individual, and making choices in life as an individual, and marching to your own drummer, is a core value to me, and one which I think I live by pretty well. I am surprised it is not for you, unless you are making some point so subtle and abstruse (which in your case is always a possibility), that I am just missing it.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2010, 09:05:06 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 09:09:16 PM by Torie »

A chap with Arab ancestry, as no "natural right' to adopt the culture of his local environment, that is different, in this case to use your term, a "Southern hick," assuming for the sake of argument that that characterization is true?  Sometimes I think you just allow whatever you have been reading lately that you find arresting, to become some universal imperative, that explains the planet, or constitutes some grand unified theory as to how "social morphology" works.

Your additional text seems to suggest, that if one is raised with extremist views, that will tend to cause one, to always be an extremist, even though that extremism might be something entirely different, with more comports with the local environment. That makes a bit more sense. We have seen left wing extremists become right wing ones, and the reverse. But that is not always true of course. I think of JS on this site as to that.

I know you are an intelligent guy, and it will be interesting to know what you think of what you think of your beliefs at the present time, a decade hence. You might find that matters are a bit more problematic than you think now.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2010, 09:36:56 PM »

Well with your latest post, E, I think we have reached closure on this, and can cease high-jacking this thread. Thanks for the discussion. It was interesting, to say the least. Best.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 09:39:30 PM »
« Edited: January 24, 2010, 09:42:44 PM by phknrocket1k »

A lot of Christians of Arab Ancestry do not self-ID as Arab but are more likely to self-ID as their national heritage as Arab seems to be more of a strictly Muslim identity of which StatesRights is not.

Palestinian (most likely Greek Orthodox), Jordanian (Roman Catholic), Lebanese (Maronite and Greek Orthodox), Syrian (Syriac Orthodox), Chaldean Iraqi, Egyptian Copt.

The only that seem to identify with their Muslim neighbors as Arabs are the Greek Orthodox in a meaningful extent.

They have run polls in the Arab world of which people identify as first.
1) National identity
2) Arab first
3) Muslim first

I think Christians may have chosen 1) at a 90% clip.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

Can we please get back on topic....
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 09:53:47 PM »

Btw the complete lack of Gabu, MarkDel, Migrendel, dazzleman?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »

Btw the complete lack of Gabu, MarkDel, Migrendel, dazzleman?

Gabu is #2 on the list.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

I miss Hawkeye and hope he returns!
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies