Why can't JJ debate the issues when his side is doing poorly?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 03, 2024, 07:40:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Why can't JJ debate the issues when his side is doing poorly?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Why can't JJ debate the issues when his side is doing poorly?  (Read 1319 times)
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »

Holy crap.  I can't determine if you simply do not understand what I have posted here so far, or you do but are pretending you don't for whatever goddamn reason.

This is why everybody is so hostile to you, J.J.  I for one do not dislike you on a personal level, but like so many others, I've simply lost all patience with you.

I do understand that you claimed, falsely, that this was somehow directed against Obama, when in fact I said it before I knew who would win.  In fact, at that time, I thought a Republican victory was likely.  It is not partisan and I did make the same references to McCain.

I think you are being intentionally dishonest.  I really don't want to be liked by people like you, because I really wouldn't want to be involved with people like you in real life.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 06:39:00 PM »
« Edited: January 19, 2010, 06:42:32 PM by Joe Republic »

I'm being intentionally dishonest?  Good grief, that is exactly what everybody has been saying about you!  I wouldn't be posting in this thread if this wasn't the exact point I've been making.

Since you've misinterpreted my posts thus far (intentionally or not), perhaps I should clarify them for you.  You consistently dress up your 'analysis' with doom and gloom for Obama and the Democrats, and often provide hilariously hollow 'advice' for how they could improve things.  Your intended objectivity and non-partisanship invariably comes off as anything but.

Therefore, my point was that the doom and gloom you spelled out for whoever won the presidency in 2008 would have miraculously disappeared after the election, had McCain won.  This is plainly obvious to anybody who has read your posts over time.

I don't how to be much clearer than that.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 10:24:06 PM »

It's painfully obvious to anybody that you're hedging your bets by predicting a "shocking" but narrow victory for Brown.

If he wins narrowly, you'll claim to have been spot on, and gloat accordingly.  If he wins big, you'll come up with some type of BS 'analysis' about it being a resounding defeat for Obama, with all kinds of doom and gloom portents, deluges, etc.  And if he loses, you'll say that you never, in your heart of hearts and so on and so forth, expected him to win.

Your strategy for attempting to be considered credible is now laughably transparent.

Here we go:

I'm surprised by the size of the victory.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2010, 10:36:44 PM »

Because the victory was like 2 points higher than he was predicting... wow!
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2010, 10:37:35 PM »

His recent bit about the NY-23 election is quite amusing, since it's quite obvious he knows what everyone is telling him but is ignoring it on purpose. Which is basically everything he argues.
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »

Because the victory was like 2 points higher than he was predicting... wow!

Like "I bled in the arms of a girl I'd barely met" or BRTD? 

Yes, I'm surprised that that Brown won, and a week ago didn't think it was possible.  I thought it would be closer.  And?

J-Mann
United States

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2010, 01:33:14 AM »

It's hard to tell over the forum, since you both may be complete asperger-suffering social outcasts, but it seems to me that either Joe Republic or J.J. would make decent sales reps.

Now the question is -- do either of you need a job? I'm hiring.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies