Attention hacks (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:05:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Attention hacks (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Attention hacks  (Read 17067 times)
benevolent democracy
benevolant democracy

« on: March 11, 2010, 12:17:46 AM »

the reality of the situation:

what people think:
benevolent democracy
benevolant democracy

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:43:25 PM »

What I am saying is imagine the insanity of trying to cast electoral votes based on county instead of state. On that same note, re: image 1, it shows both the great thing about democratic process and also the horror... See the grey area? I suspect its larger, it represents the people who vote, but might not have a clue about what, who, or even why they are voting. I was once counted among them and let me tell ya, we really do have no clue...

The reality of the situation is that of course, we as a diverse nation will never 'ALL' agree on one candidate, but we do agree on at least one thing, they should represent the majority. I am not saying the ECS is broken, but I do think it could be reformed, after all, we are quite a different nation from when it was formed...

Quote: "The ECS's main and very important advantage is that it acts as a way to moderate the possible tyranny of an empassioned majority, by preventing the people in larger states to completely dictate their will onto the people who live in the smaller ones. As in many other countries, this will lead to further concentration of political and economic power in certain regions of the country, at the expense of other less populated regions. In turn, that will lead to the uneven development of the country, in all tangible spheres, with its familiar consequences."

on this note,  do we really still need a group to choose the President indirectly from the "Electoral College."?

What if the President could be elected with a system closer to 'popular vote', but not in such a way that the will of the majority becomes potentially tyrannical?

RE: image 2, this is how I feel the media trys to portray the system, its not that simple, we do not all fit into nice neat little boxes or voteing blocks. Obama proved that there is a huge block of voters who can and will come out of left field, too bad he was not a Libertarian or an Independant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies