Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 09:16:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29
Author Topic: Update Thread and Other Ramblings by BushOklahoma  (Read 372274 times)
fezzyfestoon
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #550 on: May 12, 2010, 06:51:24 PM »

I can not wait till I go to this wedding. Lots of neat pictures for the forum to see.

Yes, PLEASE.  A BushOK, jamespol, texaswacky photo would be glorious.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #551 on: May 15, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

I got a pleasant suprise in the mail on Thursday.  I got an Escrow overage check from my home loan in the amount of $756.37.  That will pay for half of the flights, hotel, and rental car for our honeymoon, which we are going to book next Saturday, May 22.

It's hard to believe we've been engaged for 6 weeks!  It seems like but 6 days with this lovely lady. Smiley  We have officially 47 weeks until we tie the knot!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #552 on: May 18, 2010, 02:30:29 PM »

We are coming to the end of May pretty rapidly, which means we are around 10 1/2 months until the wedding.  If you count May to be all but over (even though we have 13 days left) and we're basically staring June in the face, we have about two months (June and July) of dating and small scale planning and purchasing small items to reduce the cost later.  Then we'll spend the next three-four months (August-October, maybe November) doing marriage counseling with both pastors.  My pastor will probably go first in August and September and then her pastor will go second in October and, if we need, November.  Then, probably starting in November and especially December, we'll start getting really busy as we head through Christmas and the first quarter of 2011. 

Things continue to be really awesome between the two of us.  We keep finding out great things about each other!  We have some differences in styles, but those are actually what is attracting us to each other.  The old saying and law of physics "opposites attract" is quite true in our case.  We have a lot of similarities and a lot of differences, but we're doing really well!!

Tonight, we're going to get together and go out to dinner and start discussing our July 4 plans, since that is only 6 weeks from Sunday.  I'll be on vacation in New Mexico Memorial Day weekend, so the next holiday is Independence Day.  Then, Friday night, I'm going to take her out to see a movie.  We'll either see Iron Man 2 or I might try to talk her into seeing the last Shrek movie.

We've got a lot of good stuff planned the next few months!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #553 on: May 18, 2010, 02:51:27 PM »

I can't plan out more than 6 hours of my life at a time........I don't know how you do it, Bushie.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #554 on: May 18, 2010, 02:57:28 PM »

I can't plan out more than 6 hours of my life at a time........I don't know how you do it, Bushie.

Well, if it helps you become more confused, we are not too far from beginning our earliest Christmas plans, even though we still have 7 months until Christmas Day.  We'll probably start plans in June.
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #555 on: May 18, 2010, 03:26:07 PM »

We have some differences in styles, but those are actually what is attracting us to each other.  The old saying and law of physics "opposites attract" is quite true in our case.

It isn't, actually.  You just happen to notice the differences more acutely than you do the similarities.  In any case, it is the similarities that bring you together, and it sounds like you and her match up in a lot of ways just fine Smiley
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #556 on: May 18, 2010, 09:10:09 PM »

We discussed something wonderful tonight!!  We are starting to discuss plans for after we're married and the way it looks right now, we're going to move to Phoenix, Arizona probably around Fall 2012.  I have a 3-year "contract" with the government in this house, and I am 9 months into it now and will be 20 months in after we get married, so I'll only have 16 months left in the house to avoid paying anything back to the government for the $8,000 FTHBTC.

For our first anniversary in April 2012, I am going to take her to Phoenix to scope out the City before we move there in the fall so we're not totally clueless as to where things are.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #557 on: May 18, 2010, 11:45:07 PM »

What your plans for your 50-year anniversary in 2061?  Vacation on Mars?  Driving your fusion-powered hovercar across North America in an afternoon?  Visiting the World War III Memorial in DC?  Uploading copies of your memories onto the global computer network?
Brittain33
brittain33
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #558 on: May 19, 2010, 10:26:43 AM »

We discussed something wonderful tonight!!  We are starting to discuss plans for after we're married and the way it looks right now, we're going to move to Phoenix, Arizona probably around Fall 2012. 

What kind of job leads do you have in the area? It seems a bit counterintuitive to move from a state that is among the healthiest, economically, to one with a very high unemployment rate.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #559 on: May 19, 2010, 12:40:21 PM »

We discussed something wonderful tonight!!  We are starting to discuss plans for after we're married and the way it looks right now, we're going to move to Phoenix, Arizona probably around Fall 2012. 

What kind of job leads do you have in the area? It seems a bit counterintuitive to move from a state that is among the healthiest, economically, to one with a very high unemployment rate.

Considering it's still 2 years away, no job leads right now.  I plan to start looking down there around March 2012 and hope to be out of Oklahoma by August 31.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #560 on: May 19, 2010, 09:54:27 PM »

Jeff, his wife, texasleftist, her boyfriend and I and our pets will all live in the same house!

This is quote of the year material.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #561 on: May 19, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »

Jeff, his wife, texasleftist, her boyfriend and I and our pets will all live in the same house!

Oh, Lord!!  That'd be a clash of politics, from 2 liberal Democrats to 2 centrist Democrats to conservative, but sensible Republican.  Election Day would be chaos in our home, LOL!!

Anyway, my wife and I will live by ourselves!  We can live close to James and texaslefty, but not WITH them!!!
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #562 on: May 22, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

We booked our honeymoon this afternoon. Smiley  We are leaving on Sunday, April 10, 2011 and returning on Sunday night, April 17, 2011 heading toward Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  We also booked 3 days at Disney World.  The flights, hotel, rental car, and Disney World passes are all booked now and I'm only $1,750 poorer.  Thankfully, I put it on my credit card and I can pay it down each month, so it's not coming out of my bank account all at once.

We are down to 46 weeks until married life begins!!

We now have both sets of parents on board for our move to Arizona in two years.  My mother said "If you can find a job in Phoenix, go for it!!"  They may try to transfer to Ogden, Utah here in about 3-5 years, themselves.  Dad's company has a major office there which is just 15 miles north of Salt Lake City.  We're going to go out to Phoenix for our first anniversary and scope out the place and then I'm going to start looking for a job down there when we get back to Oklahoma and hope to be transferred by the end of the summer, maybe August 2012.
Countess Anya of the North Parish
cutie_15
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -4.35

« Reply #563 on: May 22, 2010, 06:41:16 PM »

you move fast. you are early with everything. shyyt! I would wait till the last minute. Tongue
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #564 on: May 22, 2010, 11:08:11 PM »

I don't know whether to be creeped out or what?
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #565 on: May 23, 2010, 12:16:36 PM »

Personally I'm getting bored.....I need some goddamn drama here Bushie.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #566 on: May 23, 2010, 01:15:39 PM »

Personally I'm getting bored.....I need some goddamn drama here Bushie.

It'll happen soon.  Eventually they'll move so fast that a break in the space time continuum will occur and their wedding date will have been three days before they met and consummation somehow not happening until BushOK Jr.'s high school graduation.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #567 on: May 23, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

We booked our honeymoon this afternoon. Smiley  We are leaving on Sunday, April 10, 2011 and returning on Sunday night, April 17, 2011 heading toward Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  We also booked 3 days at Disney World.  The flights, hotel, rental car, and Disney World passes are all booked now and I'm only $1,750 poorer.  Thankfully, I put it on my credit card and I can pay it down each month, so it's not coming out of my bank account all at once.

Hopefully this is all refundable.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #568 on: May 26, 2010, 07:43:42 PM »

The hotel and the car are refundable.  The flights I don't think are, but at least the hotel and car are and I'm not sure about the park passes.  I don't forsee that being needed, though.  Our engagement is going so great that I don't see a monumental collapse.

Tuesday is June 1, 2010, so we'll have roughly 10 months until the wedding.  We will be two months from starting marriage counselling (August-October) and then we'll have a breather until probably Thanksgiving and then I imagine right after Thanksgiving we'll be rockin' and rollin' and huffin' and puffin' for the next four months trying to get the wedding plans finalized.  So, other than the counseling, we have probably 5 or 6 months to relax before we enter the real busy phase.  The wedding has the potential to overshadow my Christmas preparations, though I am going to make it a point to take time out to enjoy Christmas and New Year's with my wife-to-be.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #569 on: May 27, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »

We booked our honeymoon this afternoon. Smiley  We are leaving on Sunday, April 10, 2011 and returning on Sunday night, April 17, 2011 heading toward Walt Disney World in Orlando, Florida.  We also booked 3 days at Disney World.  The flights, hotel, rental car, and Disney World passes are all booked now and I'm only $1,750 poorer.  Thankfully, I put it on my credit card and I can pay it down each month, so it's not coming out of my bank account all at once.

The hotel and the car are refundable.  The flights I don't think are, but at least the hotel and car are and I'm not sure about the park passes.  I don't forsee that being needed, though.  Our engagement is going so great that I don't see a monumental collapse.

Tuesday is June 1, 2010, so we'll have roughly 10 months until the wedding.  We will be two months from starting marriage counselling (August-October) and then we'll have a breather until probably Thanksgiving and then I imagine right after Thanksgiving we'll be rockin' and rollin' and huffin' and puffin' for the next four months trying to get the wedding plans finalized.  So, other than the counseling, we have probably 5 or 6 months to relax before we enter the real busy phase.  The wedding has the potential to overshadow my Christmas preparations, though I am going to make it a point to take time out to enjoy Christmas and New Year's with my wife-to-be.

Is that even allowed before your wedding night?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #570 on: May 27, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »

The hotel and the car are refundable.  The flights I don't think are, but at least the hotel and car are and I'm not sure about the park passes.  I don't forsee that being needed, though.  Our engagement is going so great that I don't see a monumental collapse.

Tuesday is June 1, 2010, so we'll have roughly 10 months until the wedding.  We will be two months from starting marriage counselling (August-October) and then we'll have a breather until probably Thanksgiving and then I imagine right after Thanksgiving we'll be rockin' and rollin' and huffin' and puffin' for the next four months trying to get the wedding plans finalized.  So, other than the counseling, we have probably 5 or 6 months to relax before we enter the real busy phase.  The wedding has the potential to overshadow my Christmas preparations, though I am going to make it a point to take time out to enjoy Christmas and New Year's with my wife-to-be.

Is that even allowed before your wedding night?

Get your mind out of the gutter!!!
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #571 on: May 28, 2010, 08:06:56 AM »

Get your mind in it.......  Tongue
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #572 on: May 28, 2010, 06:08:51 PM »

He needs to be sure to take out the stems and roll one.  You think he'd be better with a pipe as opposed to Ez-Widers?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #573 on: June 02, 2010, 08:06:20 PM »

We just celebrated our matron of honor's youngest son's 1st birthday.  He is such a cute kid!

Also, we have started talking children of our own and we may take the adoption route.

Third, I have officially selected my best man!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #574 on: June 02, 2010, 08:31:28 PM »

Adoption!?! What an outrage! It's important you spread your seed as much as you can!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies