MANN Exclusive- Interview W/Hughento PLUS Results!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 06, 2024, 03:41:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MANN Exclusive- Interview W/Hughento PLUS Results!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: MANN Exclusive- Interview W/Hughento PLUS Results!  (Read 1785 times)
Defarge

Political Matrix
E: -3.13, S: -0.72

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 07:08:37 PM »

That's not what I have.  And I'm personally honored to be a participant in the closest race in this election cycle Smiley

Here's my tally

For Defarge
NickG
IrishDemocrat
Akno21
TheBulldog
Defarge
Michael Z
Boss Tweed
Smash255
True Democrat
Silent Hunter
Romeomustdie
Lawrence Watson

12 Votes Total

For NYGOP
Dubya2004
Patrick1
Andrew
KEmperor
KeystonePhil
Nation
DanielX
NYGOP
Bergie72
Huckleberry Fin
Volrath50

11 Votes Total

12-11 in favor of Defarge.
Akno21
Junior Chimp
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 08:14:19 PM »

MANN Political Analysis
Hartford, CT
As the voting deadline draws near, a victory for Gov. PBrunsel seems inevitable. But it didn't have to be this way. If Sen. Hughento had gotten support from the left and not just the middle, he may have been in PBrunsel's position. However, the majority of second prefernces from Al's votes went to Sen. Harry. When asked about the issue, Hughento says "because Al is a social conservative and economic hard leftist; harry is a social liberal (but less then me) and an economic leftist, and I am a social liberal(further from Al then Harry) and an economic centrist." It is also probable that Harry's VP pick, leftist Sen. Akno21 appealed to the far left more than Gov. Htmldon, Hughento's selection. Says the Senator, "Don is a great bloke and he definently helped me pick up a huge amount of high prefernces from the UAC and even the Republican party but it is possible he hurt my first prefernce vote a smidge" As well established, a few more first place votes, and we may be seeing a Hughento Presidency. While Harry may well be doomed, his strong shpwing can be attributed to the fact that, for the most part, he united the left. In retrospect, Hughento should have gone for the left, instead of trying in vain to steal some of Sen. Nation's centrist support. Hughento, however, says that he would have gone harder for the centrist nomination "yes, I woul've fought harder for the UAC nomination and I would've sent anpother couple of "Hugh&you" emails. " While it is true that without a strong UAC candidate in the race, Hughento could allow the left to go with Al or Harry, he may have been smart to realize that influential UAC members wanted a UAC candidate. "I didn't want to risk not winning the UAC candidacy, because I believe all the alternatives at that stage of the race to myself (basically everyone but Nation) wouldn't be as good as a uniter, a leader and a progressor as myself", says Hughento, concerning the option of joining the UAC before the primary. Overall, it seems that Hughento made a tactical error in going for the middle and not the left.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 08:19:40 PM »

*cough*MCS*cough*
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies