HAROLD FORD JR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:40:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  HAROLD FORD JR
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HAROLD FORD JR  (Read 5747 times)
Progressive
jro660

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: January 12, 2010, 04:06:01 PM »

What are his chances in NY, do you think?

When will polling be done as to whom Dems prefer, Gillibrand or Ford.

Any other thoughts on this race.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2010, 05:58:32 PM »

It is a non-credible threat that will help Gillibrand boost her name recognition in a relatively easy primary.
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2010, 06:09:49 PM »

Gillibrand would easily defeat this carpetbagger. Besides, Gillibrand is way more liberal than Ford (which is always a plus in NY).
bgwah
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 11:16:03 PM »

I will lol if he actually runs.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:18:13 PM »
« Edited: January 12, 2010, 11:23:02 PM by Lunar »

[Mock email I wrote today for a job app, I got to choose the subject, it didn't even have to be an email.  I also wrote one for Blumenthal]

From: Ross Offinger, Campaign Manager for Gillibrand for Senate
Subject Line: New York Values

Dear [First_Name],

The mainstream media is doing a poor job highlighting the basic facts about Kirsten's opponent in the Democratic primary.  There is no negative “spin” here, just straightforward facts that I hope you find useful while you make your vote.

Click here to donate $5 or more to help Kirsten continue fighting for New York values in the U.S. Senate.  The support of ordinary New Yorkers is the foundation of this campaign.

Kirsten's main opponent first registered to vote in New York a month and a half ago.  He already ran for the Senate in Republican Tennessee, but since then he moved to NYC to work for Merrill Lynch on Wall Street.  On October 30th, 2006, he publicly stated, “I'm pro-life, I'm pro-life...so I mean, I don't run from that.” He was additionally one of just 34 Democrats who supported a Constitutional ban on equal marriage.

Here are just a few of his votes:
2000: Ford voted to normalize trade relations with China. Democrats opposed the bill 138-73.
2001: Ford voted for the Patriot Act. Democrats unfortunately supported the bill 129-75.
2002: Ford votes to authorize Iraq War. Democrats opposed the bill 126-81.
2003: Ford was one of 63 Democrats to vote for the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.
2005: Ford voted for House Republicans’ harsh anti-immigration bill, the Real ID ACT. Only 42 Democrats did.
2005: Ford was one of only 43 Democrats to back legislation intervening in the Terri Schiavo case.
2006: Ford voted to permanently repeal the estate tax, along with only 42 other Democrats.
2005, 2003, 2001, 1999:  Ford repeatedly voted in favor of a Constitutional amendment banning flag-burning . In 2005, the amendment fell just one vote short of the 67 it needed to clear the Senate.

If you are frustrated like me at the slow rate of accomplishment in the U.S. Senate, electing a candidate this out of line with New York values to represent our great state would only slow down the actual change that Kirsten and her colleague, Senator Schumer, are tirelessly fighting for.

Kirsten will be the candidate who will fight for equal marriage, protect a woman's right to choose, expand our civil liberties and oppose unnecessary wars. This is not just politics here, these are people's lives and liberties, and Kirsten can be counted on to genuinely take on these enormous tasks.

Click here to donate $5 or more to our campaign to ensure both of New York's U.S. Senators will hold true to the values that you and I hold dear.  This is a grassroots campaign that depends dearly on supporters like you.

Thank you so much,
Ross
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 11:23:33 PM »

Lunar is a master at boilerplate fundraising rhetoric.  I'd hire him in an instant.

(Yes, I meant that in a positive way.)
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 12:15:27 AM »

Lunar is a master at boilerplate fundraising rhetoric.  I'd hire him in an instant.

Well then today's your lucky day, because I'm unemployed!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies