CO-Gov: Ritter the next casualty of Bloody January?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:18:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  CO-Gov: Ritter the next casualty of Bloody January?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: CO-Gov: Ritter the next casualty of Bloody January?  (Read 3706 times)
politicalchick20
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »

So the White House pulls him out of the Senate, putting the seat in grave danger, just to let him go a year later?

yeah, what. Surely they're not that stupid and short-sighted.

Right now, I think it might just be a rumor. The other articles I have seen have only said that much (I'll post them if you like). There was also one where John Salazar, his brother and CO-03's Congressman (is that the number?), suggested Ken as a possible Democratic candidate. I have no idea what might happen right now otherwise.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2010, 07:57:51 PM »

So the White House pulls him out of the Senate, putting the seat in grave danger, just to let him go a year later?

Bush did the same thing with Mike Johanns. The original plan was to run him against Nelson which would have made that a toss-up instead he ended up Secretary of Ag for what, a year and half before resigning to run for the open Senate in 2008.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2010, 09:29:21 PM »

Well, at the time he had no electoral plans beyond running for reelection and Ritter was thought to be sure to run for reelection.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2010, 10:07:20 PM »

Right now, I think it might just be a rumor. The other articles I have seen have only said that much (I'll post them if you like). There was also one where John Salazar, his brother and CO-03's Congressman (is that the number?), suggested Ken as a possible Democratic candidate. I have no idea what might happen right now otherwise.

Democrats would find it very difficult to hold onto John Salazar's seat were he to run.  I would be surprised to see that occur.
Meeker
meekermariner
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2010, 10:21:42 PM »

Just posing the question - If Hickenlooper didn't run in 2006, when the larger environment in Colorado was a definite positive, why would he run in 2010, when the larger environment is, at best, probably going to be somewhat negative?

Not that this necessarily means anything, of course.

I talked to a Colorado political type today and he said that Ritter and Hickenlooper have been friends for years (and Hickenlooper was thus disinclined to run against his friend), FWIW.
politicalchick20
United States

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 10:39:18 PM »

Democrats would find it very difficult to hold onto John Salazar's seat were he to run.  I would be surprised to see that occur.

John isn't running. He suggested that his brother Ken run for Governor. Sorry for the confusion. Smiley
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »

Just posing the question - If Hickenlooper didn't run in 2006, when the larger environment in Colorado was a definite positive, why would he run in 2010, when the larger environment is, at best, probably going to be somewhat negative?

Not that this necessarily means anything, of course.

I talked to a Colorado political type today and he said that Ritter and Hickenlooper have been friends for years (and Hickenlooper was thus disinclined to run against his friend), FWIW.

Fair enough.  We'll see.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies