Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 07:09:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24
Author Topic: Office of Vice President Duke (vote for The Truth: the new constitution)  (Read 72238 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: February 18, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »

I recommend Victorian Tomb as your office theme. I used it for two years. Evil
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2013, 04:40:46 PM »

My MacBook may be in the edge of losing its hard drive. I apologize for any activity breaks this may cause. I am trying to figure out what's wrong with it and whether it is actually drying, but chronic computer troubles since Sunday suggest something is afoot. I need to backup all my law school papers before the end comes.

I will be available via iPhone and iPad, but it will take me longer than usual to fulfill my duties.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2013, 05:02:50 PM »

My MacBook may be in the edge of losing its hard drive. I apologize for any activity breaks this may cause. I am trying to figure out what's wrong with it and whether it is actually drying, but chronic computer troubles since Sunday suggest something is afoot. I need to backup all my law school papers before the end comes.

I will be available via iPhone and iPad, but it will take me longer than usual to fulfill my duties.

Purple heart Hope the issues are resolved as quickly as possible.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2013, 10:53:13 PM »

Turns out the hard drive isn't dying, but there's a corrupt file on it which will force me to have to wipe it and reinstall Mac OS. Hopefully tomorrow it will be back in commission. I avoided the worst of it.

As evidence by the Facebook and pms I got, closing the nomination threads were important, and I'm happy to say those have all been taken care off. Now everyone can breathe a sigh of relief.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #404 on: March 06, 2013, 10:02:19 AM »

I am sorry to hear that, man. You know very well I have been there, myself. Sad

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #405 on: March 12, 2013, 12:58:22 PM »

It's spring break in this old VP's world. I am leaving for North Carolina now, typing from the road actually, and then I will be visiting some college friends in DC this weekend. My activity may be spotting, especially later this week, but as always, if I am needed, I will have my iPhone with me and will receive any PMs sent my way. Even when I am not here, you, The People, are always on my mind.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #406 on: March 26, 2013, 11:49:58 AM »

With the swift breakup of The Party into fragments across, I want to calm the waters to say I am not resigning my position as Vice President. While The Party is no longer around, the spirit of The People lives on, and I fully intend to lean on The People for the rest of my term.

I am not sure where I will go party-wise quite yet, but I know when the time is right, it will come naturally.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #407 on: March 26, 2013, 03:26:16 PM »

I can't help but feel that at the heart of it all, there must have been some sort of master plan that involved copious amounts of bourbon being delivered to a certain coastal plantation. Tongue I'm glad that you'll be sticking around as VP.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #408 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:14 PM »

Well, when we decided The Party was finished, I had no idea it would cause these mass resignations. I had not planned on resigning my post. The People regroup. They always do. This isn't the last you have heard from Them.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #409 on: April 01, 2013, 12:48:50 PM »

With The People's Party setting sail for lands unknown to us common folk, there is a large group of us without party homes, wandering in the wilderness like a common Jew being led astray by a God far beyond our comprehension.

So, it begs the question, is it proper for one to join a new party while holding office? I have long frown upon people joining a new party during a same term when their current party is healthy, but what about when a political party commits suicide? Is the wilderness a place we all must remain?
Zanas
Zanas46
France

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #410 on: April 02, 2013, 10:19:24 AM »

I feel there is nothing wrong with switching parties even while holding office, provided that it is a move that your electors would expect from you. You have to look back and ask yourself "If the voters had known that I would switch from Party A to Party B under circumstances X or Y, would they have still voted for me ?"

I f the answer is yes, then do it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #411 on: April 02, 2013, 04:58:41 PM »

Right, this is why I generally do not favor joining a new party while holding an office. The uproar, I tell you, and I cannot assume people vote for me because I am a pretty face or have such a lovely personality. Sad to say!
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #412 on: April 02, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »

See, my feeling is that most people would expect you to join the Federalists if you were indeed going to switch parties. I know it's my job to promote the Federalists, so maybe these words sound a bit hollow, but let's be honest... most people with blue avatars join up.

So with that said, I can't see why people who voted for your ticket in February would be surprised if you switched to our party. If you do switch and they are surprised... well, they can't have been paying attention. Zanas's test sounds reasonable, and I think you'd pass it if you joined us. And, of course, you know we'd love to have you. Smiley
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #413 on: April 03, 2013, 07:34:17 AM »

I don't why people would be surprised if you joined the Federalists. Why because you have an economic score in the negatives? So doesn't Spamage, and I wouldn't call him liberal. Anyway I'd love to see you as a Federalist! That would be awesome.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: April 03, 2013, 07:36:25 AM »

Duke, I give you my permission and support if you decide to join the Federalists, if that matters. Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #415 on: April 03, 2013, 08:37:44 AM »

I am still unsure on my decision. This was merely to see if it was still considered "improper" to join a new party when you were elected while in another. Wherever I decide to go, I will be way out of the mainstream, so I am in no hurry quite yet to find one. Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #416 on: April 03, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »

I am still unsure on my decision. This was merely to see if it was still considered "improper" to join a new party when you were elected while in another. Wherever I decide to go, I will be way out of the mainstream, so I am in no hurry quite yet to find one. Tongue

You could just be an Independent Wink
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #417 on: April 03, 2013, 10:50:12 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2013, 10:56:25 AM by HagridOfTheDeep »

I've just been told the Federalists are "a fringe party" with "no hope." So if that's not out of the mainstream, I don't know what is. Wink

Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #418 on: April 05, 2013, 11:13:05 AM »

GOVERNORS: The following bill has passed the Senate and it is now time for the regions to vote on it:

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #419 on: April 14, 2013, 12:04:03 AM »

I love you, Marokai
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #420 on: April 14, 2013, 12:23:33 AM »

ur weird,
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #421 on: April 15, 2013, 10:32:52 PM »

I want to take a moment to condemn the vicious terrorist attack that took place today in Boston. While we are still unclear about what exactly happened, it is clear the goal of this attack was to kill the innocent and incite terror and fear amongst The People. But we have already seen the power of good in this country. Tonight, my heart goes out to all the families effected by this tragedy. We will do all we can within our power to make sure something like this never happens again.  
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2013, 08:56:47 PM »

My activity will be hit and miss over the next 2 weeks. I have 5 law schools exams beginning Tuesday that will occupy most of my time. You can PM me if you have anything that is needed. I will be online some, but my activity will be limited.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2013, 10:54:23 AM »

ATTN REGIONS: an amendment has passed the senate and is now sent to the regions for ratification.

Also, I apologize about my activity level in running the senate. As I said above, which apparently no one read or cared, it's been a real busy two weeks for me with law exams and then Easter weekend (which for Greeks is a three day affair). Anyway, sorry again, but I should be back to full capacity now.

Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #424 on: May 07, 2013, 03:04:17 PM »

For reference, this is the Amendment:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Please support it, by the way. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 24  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies