SC Chamber of Commerce gubernatorial endorsements
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 09:56:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  SC Chamber of Commerce gubernatorial endorsements
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SC Chamber of Commerce gubernatorial endorsements  (Read 4745 times)
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »

(link - The State)

The chamber endorsed State Senator Sheheen (D) and U.S. Representative Barrett (R) in theor respective gubernatorial primaries.  I do like the McMaster campaign's quick response that was mentioned in the article:
You must be logged in to read this quote.

That bailout vote is likely to continue hurting Barrett, just as it is hurting Rep. Inglis in his 4th District race. Inglis has a credible primary opponent in 7th Circuit Solicitor Trey Gowdy, who is running about even with Inglis in the fund-raising battle and has a chance of unseating him.
Frihet

« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 08:50:49 PM »

Do you support McMaster Ernest? I never really saw him as a very impressing individual. He didn't really seem to take his job as Attorney General very seriously. He didn't really take on many relevant cases as Attorney General. His only real positive qualities are really name recognition, and not being Andre Bauer.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 10:10:09 PM »

Not being Andre Bauer means a lot for me, as I've despised him politically since the days when I had the misfortune of having him as my State Senator. Given the current polling numbers, I'd likely vote for Barrett to help keep Bauer out of the runoff, and then vote for McMaster in the runoff.  Without tactical voting considerations, I'd be voting Haley.  If Bauer's campaign were to collapse there's a remote chance I'd vote in the Democratic primary for Sheheen, but not likely, as any county races here in Lexington County will be decided by the Republican primary.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 04:14:42 PM »

I'm solidly in the Haley camp right now. I haven't seen any polls to know how she is doing, but I think shed make a good governor if elected. I expect it will be McMaster or Bauer though. I just hope it isn't Bauer.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 06:50:00 PM »

I expect that the best Bauer can hope for is to come in first in the primary but not by enough to avoid a run-off, then have the Barrett, Haley, and McMaster supporters coalesce around whoever he faces in the run-off, sort of like what happened with Beasley in 2004 Senate primary. Bauer has too much baggage, and his recent ranting is unlikely to help (tho it may boost the number of votes he gets in the first round).  I expect that the Democrats are hoping they end up facing Bauer, but I doubt they'll be so fortunate.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies