Who could defeat Barbara Boxer? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:15:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Who could defeat Barbara Boxer? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who could defeat Barbara Boxer?  (Read 19133 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: December 28, 2009, 05:46:11 PM »

Steve Poizner or Tom Campbell, though they are both running for Governor. I don't think there are any other Republicans contemplating statewide runs who could win at this time.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2009, 06:43:49 PM »

Steve Poizner or Tom Campbell, though they are both running for Governor. I don't think there are any other Republicans contemplating statewide runs who could win at this time.

Yeah I would prefer one of them to run for senate instead of governor, but don't any of you think that Fiorina could win? I know her time at HP was controversial, but she has been handling herself well so far since she announced she was running, and she has still kept Boxer at below 50% in most polls.

I find that businesspersons tend to be unimpressive candidates, sizeable personal funds aside. There are exceptions, like Steve Poizner, but I never hold strong hopes for CEO candidates.

Boxer has middling approval ratings, so it doesn't surprise me that much that she is under 50% at this stage. If she's still under 50% after Labor Day, I'll be inclined to view her as vulnerable.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 09:44:07 PM »

Jerry Brown isn't going to win. A far-left Dem isn't going to be entrusted to govern the state with a legislature that is also controlled by far-left dems. Davis was only able to win because he ran as a moderate, but Brown can't run as one, his record is too liberal to.

Jerry Brown has already won statewide 4 times, 2 as governor.

California was also a much more right-wing place back when Jerry Brown was elected Governor in the 1970s.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies