Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:51:26 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?
Muslim

Homosexual

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 21

Author Topic: Which will be elected POTUS first? Muslim or Homosexual?  (Read 12108 times)
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2010, 04:49:38 AM »

Openly gay, and its going to be a republican.

Gay Republican. I still think that's an oxymoron. Kinda like being black and liking the KKK or being Jewish and voting for Hitler.

Unless the Republican Party becomes more libertarian and drops the Religious Right, then an openly gay individual would be elected over a Muslim as a Democrat. All of the openly gay politicians I can think of right now are Democrats: Barney Frank, Jared Polis, Tammy Baldwin, Steve Pougnet (the Mayor of Palm Springs who's challenging Mary Bono Mack in CA-45) and Linda Ketner (the lesbian who almost defeated Henry Brown in SC-01 in 2008). And, due to the sexist double standard, it would probably be a lesbian over a gay man because it seems as though lesbians are much more tolerated, probably because of the girl-on-girl fantasy that most heterosexual men have, whereas society seems to be repulsed seeing two guys going at it and straight women, most of whom love gay men, aren't really turned on by seeing two guys getting it on. Sad, but true. But, take it from me, I kissed a boy and I liked it... A LOT. Wink 
I know quite a few gay republicans and libertarians.  Gosh, the McCain campaign was full of gays in Arizona.  There were so many at the rallies and volunteer meetings.  I think that gays want to be republican but cant get past the whole anti-gay marriage crowd.  They want someone to speak for them (rather than doublespeak for them like Obama - they hate that).  At the same time, they probably would be a strong vote for fiscal conservatism if given the chance.  Theres a simple way to neutralize the whole issue entirely - get the state out of marriage entirely - the state shouldnt be issuing licenses and deeming who is married and who is not.  Remove the tax breaks for married couples and reorganize it based on children, while ensuring that gays have the right to adopt.  Then whether you're gay or straight you can go around and say you are married whenever you want without there being an equal rights issue.  If thats not good enough then this is going to be an endless battle that only results in pain.  See the big damning issue for the gay marriage movement is that it is controlled by a powerful moneyed left-wing cabal that dont just want gay marriage, but also want to force churches and pastors to conduct gay marriages that they do not believe in under penalty of jail and fine.  In NH, Governor Lynch told the legislature hed veto their bill if it didnt add that protection.  The problem with the right wing side of the argument is that the anti marriage movement is controlled by an equally moneyed right wing cabal that just wants to punish people and invade people's private lives (in this particular issue at least - i dont lump abortion with gay issues, abortion is murder). 
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2010, 11:25:26 AM »

I think that gays want to be republican but cant get past the whole anti-gay marriage crowd.  They want someone to speak for them (rather than doublespeak for them like Obama - they hate that).  At the same time, they probably would be a strong vote for fiscal conservatism if given the chance.

Here's a novel idea.

What if gays don't all think and vote alike?
nhmagic
azmagic
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.62, S: 4.61

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 01:54:51 AM »

I think that gays want to be republican but cant get past the whole anti-gay marriage crowd.  They want someone to speak for them (rather than doublespeak for them like Obama - they hate that).  At the same time, they probably would be a strong vote for fiscal conservatism if given the chance.

Here's a novel idea.

What if gays don't all think and vote alike?
Obviously I know they dont.  Why don't you read the rest of what I said and say something positive about my post in which the content is a departure from your assumption of my monolithic and rigid ideology. 
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 07:14:52 AM »

Homosexual, unless there are major changes.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:54 PM »

Gay Republican. I still think that's an oxymoron. Kinda like being black and liking the KKK or being Jewish and voting for Hitler.

Unless the Republican Party becomes more libertarian and drops the Religious Right, then an openly gay individual would be elected over a Muslim as a Democrat. All of the openly gay politicians I can think of right now are Democrats: Barney Frank, Jared Polis, Tammy Baldwin, Steve Pougnet (the Mayor of Palm Springs who's challenging Mary Bono Mack in CA-45) and Linda Ketner (the lesbian who almost defeated Henry Brown in SC-01 in 2008). And, due to the sexist double standard, it would probably be a lesbian over a gay man because it seems as though lesbians are much more tolerated, probably because of the girl-on-girl fantasy that most heterosexual men have, whereas society seems to be repulsed seeing two guys going at it and straight women, most of whom love gay men, aren't really turned on by seeing two guys getting it on. Sad, but true. But, take it from me, I kissed a boy and I liked it... A LOT. Wink 
I know quite a few gay republicans and libertarians.  Gosh, the McCain campaign was full of gays in Arizona.  There were so many at the rallies and volunteer meetings.  I think that gays want to be republican but cant get past the whole anti-gay marriage crowd.  They want someone to speak for them (rather than doublespeak for them like Obama - they hate that).  At the same time, they probably would be a strong vote for fiscal conservatism if given the chance.  Theres a simple way to neutralize the whole issue entirely - get the state out of marriage entirely - the state shouldnt be issuing licenses and deeming who is married and who is not.  Remove the tax breaks for married couples and reorganize it based on children, while ensuring that gays have the right to adopt.  Then whether you're gay or straight you can go around and say you are married whenever you want without there being an equal rights issue.  If thats not good enough then this is going to be an endless battle that only results in pain.  See the big damning issue for the gay marriage movement is that it is controlled by a powerful moneyed left-wing cabal that dont just want gay marriage, but also want to force churches and pastors to conduct gay marriages that they do not believe in under penalty of jail and fine.  In NH, Governor Lynch told the legislature hed veto their bill if it didnt add that protection.  The problem with the right wing side of the argument is that the anti marriage movement is controlled by an equally moneyed right wing cabal that just wants to punish people and invade people's private lives (in this particular issue at least - i dont lump abortion with gay issues, abortion is murder). 

Surprise wow we finally agree on something! Yes, get the government out of marriage altogether. I don't think it needs to be a state's rights issue, either, because then you'll have all the gays running off to Massachusetts and New England to get married and become citizens there. People who say it's a state's rights issue need to stop and think about that. People shouldn't be punished just because of where they live. If anything we need to follow Canada's lead: define marriage, at the federal level, as the union between two consenting adults, then you don't have to worry about the religious issue as you can always fly off to Vegas and get married then. Would they have said let segregation/Jim Crow/slavery be a state's rights issue? I think not. Or letting women vote be a state's rights issue? No.

But yes, agree with azmagic. Get government out of the bedroom. No one has the right to tell you who you can and cannot fall in love with. If the social conservatives want to preserve the "sanctity" of marriage, they should push for a national ban on divorce. Anyone see that report out the other day that showed that divorce is actually higher in states that have constitutional bans on gay marriage? Things that make you go hm..
Bo
Rochambeau
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -5.23, S: -2.52

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:10 PM »

Surprise wow we finally agree on something! Yes, get the government out of marriage altogether. I don't think it needs to be a state's rights issue, either, because then you'll have all the gays running off to Massachusetts and New England to get married and become citizens there. People who say it's a state's rights issue need to stop and think about that. People shouldn't be punished just because of where they live. If anything we need to follow Canada's lead: define marriage, at the federal level, as the union between two consenting adults, then you don't have to worry about the religious issue as you can always fly off to Vegas and get married then. Would they have said let segregation/Jim Crow/slavery be a state's rights issue? I think not. Or letting women vote be a state's rights issue? No.

But yes, agree with azmagic. Get government out of the bedroom. No one has the right to tell you who you can and cannot fall in love with. If the social conservatives want to preserve the "sanctity" of marriage, they should push for a national ban on divorce. Anyone see that report out the other day that showed that divorce is actually higher in states that have constitutional bans on gay marriage? Things that make you go hm..

If you want the govt. out of people's personal lives, are you against banning spanking?
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 02:52:40 AM »

We have already likely had at least a couple of closeted gay presidents. The proability out of 44 is very strong. With that being said, I believe the"openly" gay president comes before the muslim.

I say this as a gay man and very cautiously...we still have far to go to get to that level of acceptance and equality.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 12:36:13 PM »

The second coming of the Sar Shalom will occur before either a Muslim or gay president. Which means we will never have either. Unless it's proven Obama is a Muslim.
feeblepizza
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.45, S: -0.26

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 05:49:00 PM »

Only gay, and it's going to be a Republican, just as azmagic said.
Thomas D
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.84, S: -6.61

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 07:40:39 PM »

Gay.

And it's going to be a Democrat.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 09:51:07 PM »

Why would it be a Republican?
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »

The second coming of the Sar Shalom will occur before either a Muslim or gay president. Which means we will never have either. Unless it's proven Obama is a Muslim.

Anyone who believes Obama is a Muslim is a sheep and/or idiot.
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2010, 11:21:44 PM »

I'm neither sheep or idiot. I just think America will elect a Pentacostal female long before we elect a Muslim or a openly gay man president. The odds a Pentacostal woman will be president are in her favor.
Oswald Acted Alone, You Kook
The Obamanation
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »

Do you think Obama is a Muslim?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 01:20:05 AM »

I'm honestly not sure of what he is. But I very slightly lean Christian. I just have a lot of questions regarding his background. Does his Islamic upbringing still have influence.
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 04:30:10 PM »

Why are we referring to a human being as "it" was that a freudian slip? Why not write he/she and add some humanity.
-
KS21
Political Matrix
E: -0.97, S: -3.39

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 07:26:05 PM »

Gay.

And it's going to be a Democrat.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 07:52:47 PM »

I'm honestly not sure of what he is. But I very slightly lean Christian. I just have a lot of questions regarding his background. Does his Islamic upbringing still have influence.

He was brought up by his atheist mom lol. And his dad was an atheist too, although he was ancestrally Muslim.

That being said, what if he did have an Islamic upbringing and it did have some influence on him. Would there by anything wrong with that?
Liberalrocks
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2010, 03:45:11 AM »

He was brought up by his atheist mom lol. And his dad was an atheist too, although he was ancestrally Muslim.

That being said, what if he did have an Islamic upbringing and it did have some influence on him. Would there by anything wrong with that?

I'm suprised the hard right christians aren't calling him a secret atheist to them thats equally as "evil" as the word muslim. People just need to stop the sh*t spewing bottom line!
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2010, 07:50:16 AM »

Why are we referring to a human being as "it" was that a freudian slip? Why not write he/she and add some humanity.

Sorry. I was going by the terminology feeblepizza was using. In rephrasing the questions, why would he or she be Republican?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 08:00:41 AM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Not everyone shares that view of marriage, first off. (bolded stuff)

Second off, We, or at least "I", don't sink to ban homosexuality, I seek to preserve what I consider marriage, a union between a consenting man and a consenting woman.
Lambsbread
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2011, 04:12:44 PM »

I don't think it matters which comes first, but I think our first openly gay President will come first.
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 03:57:54 AM »

James Buchanan was clearly gay.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 11:22:05 AM »

Well, what are they more of? Gay guys/lesbians or Muslims? I think 4% of the population is gay and about 1% is Muslim. I would go with gay.

ShamDam
ChanDan

« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 01:37:21 AM »

Sorry. I was going by the terminology feeblepizza was using. In rephrasing the questions, why would he or she be Republican?

Personally I think they're likely to be a Republican because it would be a lot easier to get Democrats to cross over and vote for a gay Republican than for Republicans to cross over and vote for a gay Democrat. For the same reason that a Republican from California seems more electorally appealing than a Democrat from California. If you have a gay Democrat, it seems extreme to the other side, whereas if you have a gay Republican it seems more moderate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies