Opinion of George W. Bush
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 29, 2024, 10:35:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of George W. Bush
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Go.
FF

HP

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 51

Author Topic: Opinion of George W. Bush  (Read 8588 times)
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2009, 05:38:27 AM »

Super-FF.  He is a great man who I believe history will redeem in the end.

I saw a History Channel special about the White House taped last year and nearly broke down in tears wishing that George and Laura were still it's custodians.

Don,

You're quickly becoming the Baghdad Bob of the Republican Party on these boards.  Wake up.

Or the canary in the coal mine.  I'll take George W. Bush any day over the new face of our party:

Glenn Beck almost looks sane next to George W. Bush.

Funny, you actually embody everything that is wrong with the modern GOP.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2009, 05:59:32 AM »

Super-FF.  He is a great man who I believe history will redeem in the end.

I saw a History Channel special about the White House taped last year and nearly broke down in tears wishing that George and Laura were still it's custodians.

You're fucked up.
Devilman88

Political Matrix
E: 5.94, S: 2.61

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2009, 08:11:39 AM »

I'm sure he is a good person, but He wasn't the best of presidents.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2009, 08:38:40 AM »

The man lied through his teeth to force this country into an unnecessary war that killed hundreds of thousands of people and wrecked an entire country for generations to come. How could Dubya possibly be considered a "good person"?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2009, 09:24:55 AM »

The man lied through his teeth to force this country into an unnecessary war that killed hundreds of thousands of people and wrecked an entire country for generations to come. How could Dubya possibly be considered a "good person"?

I guess Devilman means Bush is personally a nice guy and did it out of stupidity rather than evil will.

But you're right.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »

I guess Devilman means Bush is personally a nice guy and did it out of stupidity rather than evil will.

But you're right.

That's hardly a believable excuse. Bush knew full well what he was getting us into.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2009, 10:45:14 AM »

Freedom Fighter
I disagree with many of his decisions, but I think he is a good person, who had good intentions, and deeply cares for this country.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2009, 10:49:35 AM »

Freedom Fighter
I disagree with many of his decisions, but I think he is a good person, who had good intentions, and deeply cares for this country.

What were his "good intentions" in blatantly lying to the American people to justify sending thousands to their deaths and racking up trillions of dollars in debt for a pointless war in Iraq?
CPT MikeyMike
mikeymike
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.58, S: -3.30

« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2009, 11:38:45 AM »

I'd rather have him, over Obama as president,  but that's going from really bad to just bad.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2009, 12:17:54 PM »

Freedom Fighter

What were his "good intentions" in blatantly lying to the American people to justify sending thousands to their deaths and racking up trillions of dollars in debt for a pointless war in Iraq?

Even ignoring things downing street we're still talking about someone who laughed about someone pleading not to be executed and who used his father's connections to get out of prison for coke while putting record numbers of people there for it. He was always a smug, hypocritical asshole.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2009, 12:23:50 PM »

I object to the system, not the particular shill 'in office'.  But sure, he's disgusting.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »

Dubya wasn't dumb, or evil, for that matter. He put his trust in the wrong people, people much more brilliant then he is, and went along with what they said. He wasn't strong-willed, and let others take advantage of him, which turned his presidency so rotten.

I don't think he was a SUPER-conservative like many of you imply, though he certainly was center-right. The man was just a neocon, as were many of his cabinet.

History could redeem him, should Iraq turn out to be a bulwark to freedom in the Mideast, and spread it across the land.

For now, I vote HP.
Magic 8-Ball
mrk
YaBB God
Czech Republic

« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2009, 03:01:41 PM »

He is clearly a horrible person.
President Mitt
Giovanni
Samoa

« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »

Dubya wasn't dumb, or evil, for that matter. He put his trust in the wrong people, people much more brilliant then he is, and went along with what they said. He wasn't strong-willed, and let others take advantage of him, which turned his presidency so rotten.

I don't think he was a SUPER-conservative like many of you imply, though he certainly was center-right. The man was just a neocon, as were many of his cabinet.

History could redeem him, should Iraq turn out to be a bulwark to freedom in the Mideast, and spread it across the land.

For now, I vote HP.

Unfortunately, the democracies we've put in place in Iraq and Afghanistan proved to have been at least half as bad, and as corrupt as the Ba'ath's and the Taliban respectively.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2009, 03:57:41 PM »

For now, I vote HP.

Unfortunately, the democracies we've put in place in Iraq and Afghanistan proved to have been at least half as bad, and as corrupt as the Ba'ath's and the Taliban respectively.

Yes, yes. It's highly unlikely that it would occur, but hopefully it will.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 04:08:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
So even though he presented totally bogus information to the public and congress, killed thousands of americans (many more in iraq), blew trillions of dollars, and directly contributed to massive anti-americanism it could all be OK if we had another tin pot country on our side in the region? I'm sorry but even assuming the ends justified the means, that still sounds like a horrendous trade off to me.
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 04:09:02 PM »

So even though he presented totally bogus information to the public and congress, killed thousands of americans (many more in iraq), blew trillions of dollars, and directly contributed to massive anti-americanism it could all be OK if we had another tin pot country on our side in the region? I'm sorry but even assuming the ends justified the means, that still sounds like a horrendous trade off to me.

Hear, hear!
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

That's hardly a believable excuse. Bush knew full well what he was getting us into.

It's not an excuse at all, yet I think Bush simply never understood how big s**t is. He's too dumb.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2009, 04:34:48 PM »

he certainly was center-right. The man was just a neocon, as were many of his cabinet.
\

Oh, maybe for your American standards, but in Europe guy with Dubya positions, even in Poland, wouldn't be in political mainstream.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 04:34:58 PM »

Stranger things can happen. I personally don't want history to remember him kindly.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2009, 04:36:23 PM »

he certainly was center-right. The man was just a neocon, as were many of his cabinet.
\

Oh, maybe for your American standards, but in Europe guy with Dubya positions, even in Poland, wouldn't be in political mainstream.

I mean by American standards. Most of the GOP would be labelled as an extremist party in Europe.
Mint
YaBB God
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »

If people honestly think that they are pretty ignorant. The largest expansion of government since LBJ, schemes to keep illegal immigrants as 2nd class wage slaves, starting bogus wars to spread 'democracy', bail outs for 'too big to fails', the 'unitary executive'.. Those are not traditional conservative approaches to policy, not in this country anyway. neo-'Conservatism' is a misnomer.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2009, 05:09:34 PM »

Bush's closest equivalent in Europe would be Putin.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »

Overall, he is a failed president, which is sad for a guy who was honest and meant well, but just didn't have the "necessaries" really to be a good president.  One of his problems among others, is that he lacked intellectual curiosity, and tuned out stuff that bored him, which was all too much stuff. He also didn't like to read much, and relied far too much on oral presentations. There is no substitute for complex stuff being reduced to writing (it improves the product just in doing that), and then reading the writing, and responding in writing. The oral stuff is way overrated. The Brits should learn that someday, but that is another topic regarding what is wrong as well as right about their legal system.
nclib
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2009, 07:27:04 PM »

Extremely negative, both personally and politically. He would never have accomplished anything if not for being lucky and spoiled all his life.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies