Predctions on Election 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  Predctions on Election 2004
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Predctions on Election 2004  (Read 7831 times)
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2004, 11:18:24 AM »

Sorry Gustaf forget to post the total…Doh!... here your are…

Kerry/?(Dem) 272 Electoral votes.
Bush/ Cheney (Rep) 266 Electoral votes.  

That a Good Number

Cheesy
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2004, 03:05:12 PM »

Sorry Gustaf forget to post the total…Doh!... here your are…

Kerry/?(Dem) 272 Electoral votes.
Bush/ Cheney (Rep) 266 Electoral votes.  

That a Good Number

Cheesy

Kerry = 299
Bush = 239

Kerry is going to win all of the Gore states, and pick up Ohio, West Virginia, New Hampshire and Arizona.  

Because we still have a LONG time till the election, I'll include some tossups, who they lean for and why.

TOSSUPS:

NEW HAMPSHIRE- Leans Kerry because of bordering Massachusetts and a very energized Democratic party in the state.  

WEST VIRGINIA- Leans Kerry.  Traditionally Democratic, but went Bush because Al Gore scared alot of them off with his gun policies and the lack of a decent turnout last time.  This time, job losses and better Dem turnout results in a Kerry victory.  

NORTH CAROLINA- (if Edwards is VP)  The results will be close, but I doubt the large number of conservative voters will be convinced to vote for a liberal by another liberal as VP, even is he is from the south and more moderate.  

FLORIDA- Close as always, but will be won by Bush because of the mess in the Florida democratic party and Jeb Bush.  

TENNESSEE- The Appalachia area in the state suffered job losses, but these guys didn't even vote for their own guy.  Bush will win here.  

OHIO- Hit hard by manufactuing losses and the bad economy.  There are just too many people here mad at Bush.  Kerry will win.  

IOWA- A state with a decent sized Democratic base that seems energized by all the excitment around the primary.  Kerry wins.  

MINNESOTA- Surprisingly close last time, but traditionally Dem and will stay that way.  

NEW MEXICO- A growing hispanic population and a popular dem governor will swing the state for Kerry.  

ARIZONA- (see NM)

OREGON- very close, but with low turnout and a high Nader vote.  Kerry shouldn't have a problem here.  

© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2004, 03:16:15 PM »

61% of registered voters in West Virginia are Democrats...
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2004, 03:19:20 PM »

Same with Oklahoma : P
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2004, 03:27:22 PM »

Same with Oklahoma : P

no only 53% there
classical liberal
RightWingNut

Political Matrix
E: 9.35, S: -8.26

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2004, 03:40:46 PM »

But WV Dems are like OH Dems whereas OK Dems are like MS and AL Dems
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2004, 04:25:04 PM »

Oh yes, I remember how Clinton fought terrorism. He knew about Osama Bin Laden and his exact location...nothing. Nigeria (I believe) told the CIA where they could find him....nothing. The USS Cole was bombed....nothing. Good job Clinton, I'm glad to see launching a few missles did something. Bush was only sworn in Jan of 2001, he was still building his Administration when we were attacked on 9/11. If it happened 9/11/02 or 03 I might agree with you.
So do you also think Reagan was soft on terrorism?  I mean come on, marine barracks in Lebanon get bombed ... nothing.  Heck, all he did was drop a few bombs on Tripoli.

And I would like to repeat that I do not blame the Bush administration for 9/11.  But lets consider their rhetoric during the election and the rhetoric out of Congress.  A missile shield was the biggest security concern to them.

Yes! I agree 100% Reagan was soft on terrorism! But I'll also contend that it wasnt to the extent it is now until after the fall of the Soviet Union. The US trained Osama and many of our current enemies. But that was the times and the number one priority was defeating communism. A missle shield is still a very good idea, considering North Korea and possibly Iran. Things change, a lot of things did after 9/11. What Bush did before that and after should be put into consideration. Did many common Americans think a major attack was coming?

Ehh...first you say Clinton is to blame for 9/11 b/c he didn't try to go after terrorists enough. Then you say Bush was entitled to do just that b/c 'Did many common Americans think a major attack was coming?'. Now, I kind of think that's Wakie's point. And mine as well... Huh
zachman

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2004, 04:31:01 PM »

Clinton worked on fighting Al-Qaeda particularly after the USS Cole was attacked. Bush ignored Al-Qaeda until after 9/11. I will not blame Bush for  9/11, but it is pathetic how he plays the blame game with Clinton, while he has been the beneficiary of 9/11, and as he did not focus his security advisors on Al-Qaeda threats before 9/11.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix
E: 7.61, S: 0.00

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2004, 02:10:37 AM »

Bush has proved the democrats wrong on the fact that you dont fight terrorism with police raids, arrests and trials. You take them to war, and you eliminate them before they can come here. Just like in the early part of the 19th Century fighting the pirates out of Tripoli.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2004, 02:21:46 AM »

Bush has proved the democrats wrong on the fact that you dont fight terrorism with police raids, arrests and trials. You take them to war, and you eliminate them before they can come here. Just like in the early part of the 19th Century fighting the pirates out of Tripoli.

It's true that we have been pre-emptive in the past.  It's a little surprising that the talking heads always say this is new.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2004, 02:26:34 AM »

The War of 1812 was preemptive as well and we almost lost our arses to the British.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2004, 12:26:15 PM »

It's true that we have been pre-emptive in the past.  It's a little surprising that the talking heads always say this is new.

Ehh...everyone was pre-emptive, since there were no moral demands on wars until WWI. Wars were a natural part of international politics. So it's really irrelevant, imo.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2004, 12:56:26 PM »

What is wrong with being pre-emptive? Would you rather the enemy come on our soil or take the war to them and destroy them before they destroy us. Believe me Islamic Fundamentalists are never going to ever sit down have tea and discuss things.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
United States

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2004, 01:23:04 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

where do you find this information
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2004, 01:25:07 PM »

Ehh...everyone was pre-emptive, since there were no moral demands on wars until WWI. Wars were a natural part of international politics. So it's really irrelevant, imo.

almost on point but not quite.  almost accurate too.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »

WV Sec. of State
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2004, 01:49:34 PM »

What is wrong with being pre-emptive?

statesrights, that's really at the heart of the debate, I think.  This year's election is largely a referendum on the President.  Of course it involves more important political issues (where is my next meal coming from?, or, you want to take how much out of my check?!) and less important political issues (get a load of those two fags, and all in public like that!).  But for a major portion of those swing voters, the Bush Doctrine is on trial.  Some are warming up to it, but we have reservations.  At the moment, my reservations are being trumped by the fact that the Bush Doctrine does seem to be working.  Bush is NOT a cheap date, and he does like to spend my money, but he makes me feel good about myself.  Hell, maybe in a hundred years he'll be on the ten-dollar bill.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2004, 02:20:22 PM »

almost on point but not quite.  almost accurate too.

Thanks...or maybe not...if you wanna refute me, you might at least hint at an argument, that kind of makes the debate more interesting.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2004, 02:22:26 PM »

What is wrong with being pre-emptive? Would you rather the enemy come on our soil or take the war to them and destroy them before they destroy us. Believe me Islamic Fundamentalists are never going to ever sit down have tea and discuss things.

What's wrong with being pre-emptive? It depends on your definiton of the word, but I'd say that the tiny little problem is that you will sooner or later be starting wars that were really unecessary, like WWI, the reason why we stopped doing foreign policy like that, and you will have a much more unstable world. You also accept the rules of rouge states and refuse to rise above lesser countries.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2004, 03:35:57 PM »

Almanac of American Politics 2004
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2004, 02:14:37 AM »

What is wrong with being pre-emptive?

statesrights, that's really at the heart of the debate, I think.  This year's election is largely a referendum on the President.  Of course it involves more important political issues (where is my next meal coming from?, or, you want to take how much out of my check?!) and less important political issues (get a load of those two fags, and all in public like that!).  But for a major portion of those swing voters, the Bush Doctrine is on trial.  Some are warming up to it, but we have reservations.  At the moment, my reservations are being trumped by the fact that the Bush Doctrine does seem to be working.  Bush is NOT a cheap date, and he does like to spend my money, but he makes me feel good about myself.  Hell, maybe in a hundred years he'll be on the ten-dollar bill.

Spend away, they print the money in the first place. lol
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2004, 02:18:13 AM »

What's wrong with being pre-emptive? It depends on your definiton of the word, but I'd say that the tiny little problem is that you will sooner or later be starting wars that were really unecessary, like WWI, the reason why we stopped doing foreign policy like that, and you will have a much more unstable world. You also accept the rules of rouge states and refuse to rise above lesser countries.

I'd rather destroy all the tyrants of the world then have one come over here with a nuke and kill ten million of our people. Most Middle Eastern countries today are a threat to us. We took care of Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's had many positive results. Look what Libya has now done. Do you think if Bush had done very little, or nothing Libya would have just come clean about TWA and their WMDs'? The WMD is Iraq was Saddam like it or not. I believe his weapons were there when we went in, and I believe they are still there waiting for us to uncover them.
John

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2004, 01:14:18 PM »

Like i Said
The People will chose who they Want in the White House in November
I am not going to chose Unti november 2nd Then i will chose bush over kerry
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2004, 05:13:38 PM »

I'd rather destroy all the tyrants of the world then have one come over here with a nuke and kill ten million of our people. Most Middle Eastern countries today are a threat to us. We took care of Iraq and Afghanistan, and it's had many positive results. Look what Libya has now done. Do you think if Bush had done very little, or nothing Libya would have just come clean about TWA and their WMDs'? The WMD is Iraq was Saddam like it or not. I believe his weapons were there when we went in, and I believe they are still there waiting for us to uncover them.

You're not actaully responding to any of my points. Your question was what's wrong with being pre-emptive. If you wanted what was good with being pre-emptive I could ahve given you that answer.
??????????
StatesRights
Atlas Superstar
Political Matrix

« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2004, 02:08:49 AM »

I believe being pre-emptive is wrong if the ultimate goal is to create a colony out of the vanquished nation. But the U.S. goes in to countries with the goal of freeing the peoples or destroying a tyrant.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies