The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 06:53:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15
Author Topic: The Post Tribune Telegraph of AAtlasia - TPTTAA  (Read 41953 times)
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -1.91

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 12, 2011, 08:03:43 PM »

Teddy now haz Ritalin
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #301 on: July 26, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »

BREAKING NEWS - THE ARGENTINES ARE UP TO SOMETHING, ALSO THIS: http://www.theonion.com/video/social-security-reform-bill-encourages-americans-t,21006/
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #302 on: August 28, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »

http://www.smbc-comics.com/index.php?db=comics&id=2349#comic
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #303 on: October 08, 2011, 05:35:38 AM »
« Edited: October 08, 2011, 05:56:30 AM by Teddy (SoFE) »

TALKING TO THE PRESIDENT

TPTTAA:
Thank you for taking the time to talk to us.

We are curious. Are you gay?

It was at this point that the President logged offline. Trust TPTTAA to continue to get the gripping answers

INTERVIEWEE:

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #304 on: October 08, 2011, 05:59:09 AM »

BREAKING: PRESIDENT NOT GAY

INTERVIEWEE:
Lol, no

why?
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #305 on: October 08, 2011, 06:02:11 AM »

Teddy, thank you for asking questions that our nation really cares about. Wink
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #306 on: October 08, 2011, 06:52:42 AM »

TPTTAA:
Then why did you run for President? What did you hope to achieve?

INTERVIEWEE:
I wanted to bring a pragmatic progressive voice to the Presidency, and bring about important policy changes like bringing our troops home from our conflicts abroad and to reinvigorate our economy.

TPTTAA:
And would you say you've been able to do these things? How would you rate your own term in office so far?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, the plan is in place to bring the troops home - my tax plan which reduces small business and lower incomes taxation is about to pass the Senate, we have green-energy incentives for both research and business, I'm looking forward to seeing my college loan forgiveness scheme and my anti-Bullying programs passed before my term ends...

I believe I can look back on my time in office with a deal of pride, of course there are things which I would have preferred to have handled in a different fashion... while it was my choice to not run again, I am already a little sad to think what I might have been able to do with another term.

TPTTAA:
How about current events? What is your view on them?

INTERVIEWEE:
Can you be a bit more specific?

TPTTAA:
Anything. Recent troubles with keeping the cabinet full, various Senators and your views on them, Laws passed by the Senate, Amendments up for vote, activity levels of governors, or perhaps you'd like to admit to having a radical right-wing hetrosexual agenda?

INTERVIEWEE:
Every president has had troubles keeping the Cabinet full, it's something I expected.

Each Senator is obviously an individual with the right to approach their position however they wish. As a president, I think I'm in a more difficult position. I don't have the right to always do what I want, but I also have to consider my roles both as commander-in-chief and as someone elected to serve every single citizen.

We do need to change our political discussions, they are petty and small and do not speak to the best interests of those who elect us.

TPTTAA:
There have been some rumours floating around. One that you plan to quit Atlasia when your term is over. Another that you only plan to quit the JCP when your time is up. Another that you are not a human being but rather a talking frog with Internet access. And lastly, that your real name is Jack.

Would you care to respond to any or all of these?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, I did leave the JCP... largely because I think in this time the country needed a president aside from party turf wars.

I have said that it is more than likely that this will be my last elected office in Atlasia. I am weighing up my options as to whether or not I stay here beyond my successor taking office.

As for my real time, I was elected as Jack Polnut and that is who I am.

TPTTAA:
Interesting.

Anything you want to add before we wrap up?

INTERVIEWEE:
I've been proud to be president of Atlasia - I think this administration has done a lot of good. I received a record mandate from across the political spectrum and in my term I have tried to serve in a way which reflects my genuine desire to serve all every Atlasian citizen.

I will miss the office, but the country deserves an active president, and I couldn't guarantee that.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2011, 12:20:38 AM »

BREAKING
YANKEE IN BED WITH THE ARGENTINES
ARGENTINA UP TO SOMETHING
MORE TO COME
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #308 on: October 23, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »

BREAKING

Man tells other man to jump
Other man says "how high"
As he is saying it his legs get cut off
Man expected to survive
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #309 on: October 24, 2011, 11:41:12 PM »

TPTTAA is looking for someone "high up" on the Left to do an interview.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2011, 02:06:50 AM »

TALKING TO THE J IN THE JCP

TPTTAA:
Senator Bgwah, thank you for taking the time to talk to us.

You've been re-elected easily and your only opponents were self-write-ins. How do you feel about your Victory?

INTERVIEWEE:
I'm pleased Pacificans are satisfied with my service.

TPTTAA:
When it comes to your activities in the Senate; Are you planning on sticking with what works, or going in with a new mandate and bold new ideas?

INTERVIEWEE:
I don't like to put a bunch of time into something that I think will fail. I recently proposed restructuring the regions, but I definitely got the impression few people liked my idea, so I'm not convinced it would be a very good use of time in the Senate. I do occasionally like to propose controversial bills and amendments when the Senate gets stale. Sometimes they're quite successful, like the Airport Renaming Act. But obviously that doesn't have serious implications for the game.

TPTTAA:
Are you planning to stay in the Senate for the time being, or do you plan to run for other offices such as Governor or President?

INTERVIEWEE:
I plan on staying in the Senate for the full term I was just elected to. I don't have any plans to run for another office.

TPTTAA:
Overall the Left had a good election. You've won the Presidency, and 2 of the 3 Senate seats. One of the new "right-wing" Senators is a former Leftist. Would you consider the election to be a "Victory" for the left?

INTERVIEWEE:
Yes

TPTTAA:
The right meanwhile ran a good campaign. A moderate Candidate and a new and fresh VP Candidate. The election was close but still a loss. This is similar for other one-on-one battles with the Left and Right. Do you think it'd be possible for the Right to win any election when faced with a united left?

INTERVIEWEE:
Moderates can do pretty well against a united left, though someone is more right-wing is generally going to require some left-wing dysfunction like we saw earlier this year.

TPTTAA:
You've endorsed Jackson for Governor of the Pacific. Given the recent inactivity in the area, do you believe that he has what it takes to turn things around?

INTERVIEWEE:
He seems enthusiastic and eager to get more involved, so I'm optimistic.

TPTTAA:
Last question, are you planning to re-offer to lead the Senate?

INTERVIEWEE:
I'm leaning towards it, yes.

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2011, 05:47:55 PM »

THE KING OF BACON

TPTTAA:
So, you were the Veep and will be the Veep for longer. Why did you reveep yourself to another President?

INTERVIEWEE:
Frankly, Snowguy has a much stronger drive than I do and can get more done than I could have as President. My heart is in the Senate; that's the part of this game I've always enjoyed the most and the Vice Presidency is where I've always done the best job. If Snowguy and I had lost this election, though, I guarantee that I'd have run in the special election to replace AHDuke in the Senate. Tongue

TPTTAA:
Do you plan to re-offer to veep for every president? And if so, who is your next president-of-choice?

INTERVIEWEE:
Nope Tongue. Article 2, Section 3, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution specifies that nobody can be elected to the Vice Presidency more than twice in a row. If Snowguy decides to run for a second term, he'll have to pick a different VP candidate. And, besides, I see no reason why I wouldn't be supporting Snowguy's reelection.

TPTTAA:
Now on to the important issues. Why Bacon? Do you like Bacon? Why not Ham?

INTERVIEWEE:
More important?  Tongue

My account has a silly name because I joined this forum when I was fourteen. I do enjoy bacon, though I've never been all that crazy about it. Ham is a fine food as well, though.

TPTTAA:
Are you or have you ever been a member of the JCP

INTERVIEWEE:
Indeed I am.

TPTTAA:
Do you believe that naming a party after a religious figure is a good move, and, what do you think about people of other religions who may be turned off by the name?

INTERVIEWEE:
Honestly, I think it's a complete non-factor. I can't think of anyone the JCP's history who's decided against joining because of the name alone, or anyone who's joined the party who otherwise wouldn't have. The name was a bit dumb, of course, but I do enjoy the irony.

TPTTAA:
How would you respond to those who say your answer is, in short, saying "tough cookies" to non-christians.

INTERVIEWEE:
I don't know of anyone who's said that. However, if anyone has, I'd simply point out the fact that non-Christians outnumber Christians by a significant margin in the JCP. Smiley I don't have exact numbers, of course, but skimming through the voter rolls I see more outspoken atheists in the party than people who identify as Christian.

TPTTAA:
Have you ever tried to eat any tough cookies?

INTERVIEWEE:
Yes. Yesterday I found an old package of Oreo's in my kitchen. I ate one, and realized that it was incredibly stale, so I threw them out. I would say it was a very tough cookie.

TPTTAA:
What kind of cookies do you like?

INTERVIEWEE:
The Chips Ahoy that have the white chocolate in them are my favorite, though I haven't had any in a while. I must say, though, this interview has taken a curve for the absurd.

TPTTAA:
Are there any kind of cookies you'd never eat?

INTERVIEWEE:
Assuming they're not stale, or some horrible flavor of cookies I've never heard of, then nope.

TPTTAA:
Why the obsession with Cookies?

INTERVIEWEE:
You're the one that keeps asking about them...

TPTTAA:
Riiight... well last question, are you related to Kevin Bacon?

INTERVIEWEE:
Nope.

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time

INTERVIEWEE:
Of course, thanks for the interview.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #312 on: October 26, 2011, 04:24:03 PM »

TPTTAA is in the process of interviewing Napoleon, who won 23 votes in the most recent Election, more than any other Senator ever.

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #313 on: October 26, 2011, 04:24:35 PM »

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2011, 06:38:30 PM »

In order to make more money, TPTTAA has taken on sponsors and advertising.

Try being gay!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epUIRJiYEWo&feature=related

Not giving a f***
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8

Pedophile Beards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15S0g8pG6HU

Rapist Glasses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcyNANK5cY

Breathing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MMc3f588yc

Hands
http://www.youtube.com/user/jonlajoie#p/u/18/-qMHNFOtjYk

Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2011, 08:32:21 PM »

INTERVIEW WITH NAPOLEON

TPTTAA:
Hello Senator. Thank you for taking the time to talk to us today.

You've just been re-elected with a huge margin. You are also known for being controversial in some quarters. What message do you think your landslide sends to your critics?

INTERVIEWEE:
Thank you, Teddy, for asking me to be interviewed.

I am pleasantly surprised with the support my reelection campaign received. It is hard to believe that I have received the most general election votes of any Senate candidate. It is even more impressive when coupled with the fact that my opponent was Rowan Brandon, who had been elected to the same seat four months before I got elected, allowing voters to have one term for each of us to compare and contrast, and I am honored to have once again received the region's confidence.

Am I really controversial though? I know that some friends of Tmthforu have tried to make me controversial, and there was controversy surrounding my election, but overall I think people like me and respect what I do. I was elected by campaigning to be a true representative of the Northeast, keeping close touch with citizens and the regional government, and doing my best to represent the region's overall beliefs on the issues of the day. To go from winning by one vote, to winning in a landslide with the highest vote total of any Senator in October, suggests to me that my fellow Northeastern citizens feel I have followed through on my promise to represent them and would like for me to continue.

TPTTAA:
The election has been called as a victory for the Left. Do you agree with that statement?

INTERVIEWEE:
This election was in many ways a victory for the Left. JCP candidates received more votes for Senate than any other party. Our ticket of Snowguy/Bacon King was able to win against longtime Senator Duke. I won reelection to my swing seat and Snowstalker managed to pull through by a hair in the gubernatorial race. That being said, I try not to emphasize ideology too much. Marokai and MOpolitico are of the Right, but are arguably more "leftist" politically than their opponents were. Going back to my statement about not emphasizing ideology too much, that is one big reason why I and other JCP members endorsed the more conservative shua. Sometimes the best recipe for public policy is having a group of honest and effective listeners, people who can bring ideas forward. That matters more to me and it's a shame shua lost his race because the Senate would be a much better place with him. This election was a mandate for the JCP and it is now up to us to prove that the majority we won can deliver on promises made.

TPTTAA:
What are your personal plans for the future. Are you eyeing any Cabinet positions, or, thinking about running for President one day?

INTERVIEWEE:
As far as I know, I am not being considered for a Cabinet position. There is one or two I would be willing to consider if asked but I will not be seeking one myself. As for the Presidency, I have no intentions to seek it and would not run if asked. As of right now, I plan to complete my term as Senator. I will meet with my advisers at an appropriate time to determine what my future plans are

TPTTAA:
You've proposed many bills during your time in the Senate. Are there any that you are particularly proud of?

INTERVIEWEE:
A law I'm especially proud of passing was the End to Imperialism Act, and I think it was that in particular that will have a very long lasting effect on Atlasia (one of the positive variety, of course). I think there is a silent majority who desire nothing more than peace, prosperity, and progress. Reigning in an out of control Secretary of External Affairs was essential to that. There comes a point where you have people that are supposed to lead the nation forward, and when these people start leading us off of the path forward, into areas we probably shouldn't be, someone else needs to stand up and say something. If necessary, I am not afraid to be that one. When I see an egregious injustice I will point it out and I will do my damn hardest to make the necessary changes. Banning federal loans for for-profit universities and guaranteeing patients' access to medicines are two other things I am also proud to have accomplished.

TPTTAA:
Some lighter questions now.

Do you have a fav colour and if so what is it? Do you have any fav foods or beverages? Do you have pets? What kind of music do you like? And what kind of games (Computer/Console/Forum) do you play?

INTERVIEWEE:
My favorite color is blue, with no particular reason to offer. I like to drink lots of coffee, green tea unsweetened, and water. For alcoholic beverages, my favorite is the White Russian. I have a healthy diet and I like to have a cup of soup with a half of a vegetarian sandwich for lunch. I listen to a lot of indie rock, punk (from the 70s and 80s) and underground rap (like Deltron and OFWGKTA). I play Call of Duty: Black Ops and Madden 2012 on Xbox when I get a chance.

TPTTAA:
Do you have a favourite Joke you'd like to share with our readers?

INTERVIEWEE:
No, I am srs business, but if you have more questions, I have more answers.

TPTTAA:
Thank you Senator, but we have just one more question.

Why Napoleon as a username?

INTERVIEWEE:
I'd be laughed off of this forum if I went with Cupcake or Eclair. Tongue

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time, the interview will be up shortly
Kaine for Senate '18
benconstine
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #316 on: October 26, 2011, 08:49:32 PM »

INTERVIEWEE:
Reigning in an out of control Secretary of External Affairs was essential to that.

That is complete and total bullshit.  First of all, ever major foreign policy decision during my 8 months in office was made by the President, not by the SoEA.  I never did anything the President did not sign off on, as you damn well know.  I find it remarkable the lies that will spew out of your mouth on occasion.  They seem to be motivated by personal bias, rather than any actual ideals.

Of course you'll just dismiss this, but I hope one day people call you out on your crap.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

Interviewing Tmthforu, yet again... G's how many times have we interviewed this dude?

TPTTAA:
I'm sure you've seen the recent interviews of three high-ranking Atlasians from the left. You are the first in our series of three interviews on the right. The Left considers the recent election a victory. Do you?

INTERVIEWEE:
Of course it's a victory...for them. The Right has had a string of bad luck in the game, from Junkie's failed Senate/Governor bids to Duke coming with 2 votes. One good thing that could come from yet another JCP victory is that now maybe some in their rank's thinking that the left is almost always the underdog will go away. Granted, the right usually does better in the "polling battle", simply because we have more active members, but once you include the zombies, the JCP has a bit of a cushion.

We ran arguably our most electable member this around, and still lost. A lot of work will have to be done if we want to win in the future.

TPTTAA:
Do you think it's possible for the right to win a national election if the Left remains united?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, we came within two votes of doing it with a fractured right, so I'd say it's possible. If all of the POP will align back with the RPP, who they're closer to politically, I think success from the right is on the horizon. We obviously have more work to do in recruiting, not only to help us win elections, but so that we can have more active officeholders at the regional level.

TPTTAA:
Would you consider getting back into the thick of things again?

INTERVIEWEE:
Not anytime in the near future. While I read through the forum a couple a times a day, I'm not really posting much anymore. I am currently heavily involved in school activities, so I don't think I really have the time to. The game can be brutal, and once you get sucked in, it's hard to get out.

Luckily for me, I was able to get out - I realized quite a while ago that this game has no real purpose except to have fun, and unless you're doing that, it's not worth it. My toes are still somewhat in the pond (I mean, I'm doing this interview, for example), and I wouldn't consider myself a zombie voter (yet), but become an active part of this game anytime soon is highly unlikely.

TPTTAA:
Do you have any tips for the next President, as a former President?

INTERVIEWEE:
It's not really what it's hyped up to be. The worst part is there's little interest in Cabinet positions - I can place money now that Snowguy will at least have to replace one or two people he plans on putting in his cabinet. A lot that hindered me when I was President was the fact I never had a fully functioning, active cabinet.

TPTTAA:
Last question, what do you predict Atlasia will look like in a 6 months to a year?

INTERVIEWEE:
The games taken a gradual progression downwards for around 2 years now, I'd say. Late 2009-Early 2010 was a pretty good period, but it hasn't been quite as bright since. Therefore, my prediction is that a year from now, activity in this game will be slightly lower, and we'll suffer from many of the same problems we currently face.

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time.

INTERVIEWEE:
Cheesy
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »

Shooting the s*** with Shua

TPTTAA:
Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. What do you make of the recent election? A win or loss for the right of left?

INTERVIEWEE:
In a way it was a win for the left, just due to Snowguy winning.  But Duke got really close, much closer than most people thought. Also on the right was Winfield.  I think it was very competitive, and so in that sense it was a success, no matter your political persuasion.

TPTTAA:
Do you have any comments about your Senate race?

INTERVIEWEE:
Sure. What do you want to know?

TPTTAA:
Any comments? Are you sad, upset, shocked?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, I'm disappointed. I really like the idea of being a regional senator. But I wasn't shocked.  I had an opponent from the major party who was pretty close to me ideologically, so it was hard for me to come up with a winning strategy.  The polls suggested it would be closer than it ended up being, but I knew as soon as MOPolitico entered the race it would be an uphill battle.

TPTTAA:
Are you thinking about running in the future for Senate or another office?

INTERVIEWEE:
I might want to try another race for Senate. Or maybe go back to the Mideast Assembly. I'm not sure. I'm open to different possibilities right now.

TPTTAA:
Last question, you had an endorsement of sorts from Teddy, the only endorsement he's made since returning the last time. Do you think this helped or hurt your campaign?

INTERVIEWEE:
I appreciate it. It certainly didn't hurt. Who knows? It really might have helped if my campaign had publicized it.

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time.

INTERVIEWEE:
Thank you. It's good to talk with you.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2011, 05:24:55 AM »

BREAKING

TEDDY STARTS MAKING SILLY POSTS ON THE ATLAS. ENCOURAGES PEOPLE TO CHECK HIS POST HISTORY JUST PRIOR TO THIS POST. REALIZES HIS BODY MUST BE "LOW" ON RITALIN. TAKES PILL.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2011, 02:21:56 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2011, 02:28:50 PM by Teddy (SoFE) »

BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE

TPTTAA:
Thank you for taking the time to talk to us. Before we begin, do you prefer Bill or William?

INTERVIEWEE:
William.  It sounds more distinguished of course

TPTTAA:
Ah, good to know Bill. So. You ran to be the Veep but lost somehow. Why is that?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, I think it's a combination of factors.  The POP/former POP's are crucial to the right's chances of winning.  Unfortunately, our ticket was unable to take a large quantity of those voters.  Of course, a few of our own party members didn't vote for us, and in such a close election, I think that was the biggest problem.

We spent a lot of time trying to get the Independents, and even a lot of left voters, and in the end, I think that's what helped us get over the 50 mark.  The fact is, we just couldn't get the turnout we needed in the end, and no single faction is more, or less responsible for the outcome.

TPTTAA:
Are you, then, blaming the voters for your loss?

INTERVIEWEE:
Of course not.  I'm blaming our inability to get those voters to the booth.  Every single election is about voter turnout, and I say that as fact.  Few care about what we write in our campaign threads, or what ideas we propose.  It's about this party V that party, and whichever one is the best at turning out the citizens at that particular time, wins.

I'm happy with what Duke and I accomplished.  We had enormous help from party members, including regional Chairs, and new members.  Probably the most important factor in this election was Marokai.  Without him, we wouldn't have ever been so close.

TPTTAA:
Riiiight. Now you are supposedly right-wing (from what we've been told). If you and this "Duke" person can not win; the strongest right-wing ticket ever, then who can win for the right?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, I am right of center, but yes, you can consider me "right-wing".  Unfortunately, I think Duke was our greatest candidate to run for President.  The fact that he lost is a huge blow to the party.  I think the only one that can match Duke's electability as a candidate would be Yankee, who enjoys the Senate to much for such a position.

The RPP needs to recruit, and we need to get our members involved if we want to achieve success in Federal elections.  The fact that we just obtained two Senate seats is inspiring, and it's something we need to strive for.

TPTTAA:
So now that Duke has been branded a loser by the electorate, do you plan to run for President, or will you just write a book and host a talk show?

INTERVIEWEE:
Well, I don't really have the ambition to seek the Presidency at this point.  If I'm called upon to run for my party, or another position seems appealing, I'm sure I can be convinced to go for it, but I don't really have any concrete plans.

As for a book, I suppose I could write one and then market it in a Presidential campaign.  I hear that's what all the bestsellers are doing nowadays.

TPTTAA:
 ?segaugnal xelpmoc dnatsrednu uoy oD .scinhte meht lla htiw laed ot evah uoy snaem tnediserP eciV neve ro ,tnediserP gnieB

INTERVIEWEE:
No thanks Teddy.  You're not my type..

TPTTAA:
Last question, have you stopped beating your wife, yes or no?

INTERVIEWEE:
Which one?..

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time.

INTERVIEWEE:
No, thank you for the publicity.  I only wish I had something to sell beside myself.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #321 on: October 27, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »

These interviews are great fun. Grin
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #322 on: October 27, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »

There are 3 more in the works, then a break.
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2011, 04:46:30 PM »

A CHAT WITH BEN

TPTTAA:
Ben, you've been SoEA for some time, off and on. How would you describe working in the department?

INTERVIEWEE:
It's been a lot of fun.  First of all, I've been in office so long that I know nearly every person there, which adds a homey touch to work.  Second, the job itself is extremely pleasant.  I love diplomacy, and being SoEA allows me to exercise that love for the benefit of Atlasia.

TPTTAA:
What is your favourite part of the office?

INTERVIEWEE:
It's definitely the policy aspect.  Contrary to what some have stated, I have not been formulating our foreign policy by myself.  I have worked closely with the President, and with members of the Senate, and I love doing that.

TPTTAA:
What would you say your least favourite part of the office is?

INTERVIEWEE:
Having to deal with certain members of the Senate who seem intent on preventing my office from achieving anything at all.  Most of the Senate is willing to work with me, but there is a small number of individuals who will do anything to sink whatever the DoEA desires.  Then there are people who, despite good intentions, draw the wrong conclusions.  Luckily, most members of the Senate are excellent, and I hope to be reappointed so I can work with them Smiley

TPTTAA:
Any specific examples?

INTERVIEWEE:
Let's look at the Libya Aid Bill.  First there was the decision to remove all military aid, which will have drastic consequences for the country.  Some Senators, like Yankee, realized this and opposed it.  There were some, like Senator Napoleon, who refuse to realize what we're trying to do.  The Senator has consistently taken an adversarial position to the DoEA, refusing to work with us at any juncture, and constantly belittling us to the Press, as he did in his interview with you.  And now, the alcohol amendment, which thankfully appears to have failed, was another example - Senator Napoleon was willing to doom the new nation of Libya, simply because he doesn't like their publicly supported policy on alcohol, calling it tyranny.  He is actually doing what he has falsely accused the DoEA of doing, and it saddens me that nobody calls him out on it.

That said, I was pleasantly surprised by Senator Kalwejt standing by the DoEA on the alcohol amendment.

TPTTAA:
Do you expect to be re-appointed?

INTERVIEWEE:
Absolutely not.  I hope to be reappointed, and I think that I have a good chance, given I am one of the few people who cares about foreign affairs.  There is no expectation - the job is not mine by divine right.

TPTTAA:
Last question, what other jobs would you consider?

INTERVIEWEE:
There aren't many.  In terms of the Cabinet I'd happily accept the role of GM, but that's about it.  I'd also be more than willing to serve in the Senate, or as President.  In general, SoEA is the only job I truly want to have, and I hope to have it for as long as possible.

TPTTAA:
Thank you for your time

INTERVIEWEE:
Thank you for listening Smiley
Teddy (IDS Legislator)
nickjbor
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #324 on: November 07, 2011, 05:32:48 PM »

I really hate it when people use "she" and "her" to refer to "John Q. Public".  It's either "him" (paternalistic) or "them" (neutral).

[/nitpick]

PRESIDENT IS A SEXIST
ALSO
PRESIDENT LIKES TO PICK NITS
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies