Does the Jesus Christ Party have an effective monopoly over Atlasian politics?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:39:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Does the Jesus Christ Party have an effective monopoly over Atlasian politics?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10
Poll
Question: See above.
Yea

Nay

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 28

Author Topic: Does the Jesus Christ Party have an effective monopoly over Atlasian politics?  (Read 20234 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: December 10, 2009, 05:43:15 PM »

The RPP almost won in June because the DA voted for PiT. Not because PiT led a good campaign or was a good candidate, since he epic fails in both those regards.

It is my belief that the right should suck it up and support the center, in order to stop the left. Until they do that, all we will ever see is social democrats.

Wasn't I the one who suggested alfeitch/popular RPPer as a ticket for February? Problem is though that all of the popular RPPers are now popular DAers & popular independents, with the notable exception of Inks.

Funny. Didn't the RPP vote for a raging liberal simply because of afleitch and/or Verily? Twice?

Now you WANT afleitch?

lol

And a DA/RPP ticket wouldn't necessarily be competitive. You'd steal have to deal with wildcards like the LNF and ARC.

I was a newbie who only viewed the center with paranoia back then. I came to deeply regret working for bgwah/meeker over Andrew2 as I learned more about the ways of Atlasia. Also, having a liberal conservative member of the DA at the top of the ticket is the best chance I can think of for getting the support of the RPP/DA/LNF/ARC. It's not a sure shot by any means, but it would still be the best chance of stopping the JCP juggernaut.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #201 on: December 10, 2009, 05:44:38 PM »

The RPP almost won in June because the DA voted for PiT. Not because PiT led a good campaign or was a good candidate, since he epic fails in both those regards.

It is my belief that the right should suck it up and support the center, in order to stop the left. Until they do that, all we will ever see is social democrats.

Wasn't I the one who suggested alfeitch/popular RPPer as a ticket for February? Problem is though that all of the popular RPPers are now popular DAers & popular independents, with the notable exception of Inks.

Funny. Didn't the RPP vote for a raging liberal simply because of afleitch and/or Verily? Twice?

Now you WANT afleitch?

lol

And a DA/RPP ticket wouldn't necessarily be competitive. You'd steal have to deal with wildcards like the LNF and ARC.

I was a newbie who only viewed the center with paranoia back then. I came to deeply regret working for bgwah/meeker over Andrew2 as I learned more about the ways of Atlasia. Also, having a liberal conservative member of the DA at the top of the ticket is the best chance I can think of for getting the support of the RPP/DA/LNF/ARC. It's not a sure shot by any means, but it would still be the best chance of stopping the JCP juggernaut.

What would electing afleitch do to force a realignment?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #202 on: December 10, 2009, 05:50:09 PM »

Now you WANT afleitch?

lol

A ticket along the lines of afleitch/Inks would entail the right-wing party working to elect a centrist, as opposed to the short-lived role reversal back in June. You have been saying that the right-wing should work to support the center into power, or else be condemned to total irrelevancy under a permanent social democratic government, have you not?
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #203 on: December 10, 2009, 05:52:06 PM »

Now you WANT afleitch?

lol

A ticket along the lines of afleitch/Inks would entail the right-wing party working to elect a centrist, as opposed to the short-lived role reversal back in June. You have been saying that the right-wing should work to support the center into power, or else be condemned to total irrelevancy under a permanent social democratic government, have you not?

Something like that. But how would that force a realignment? All it does is temporarily give that ticket a 40/60 shot at the Presidency based on artificial 'alliances' that create no long term coalition in opposition and ultimately will fail to accomplish anything because the JCP (if it were smart enough) could elect five Senators at the regional level in February.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #204 on: December 10, 2009, 05:54:52 PM »

Roll Eyes This thread is complete and utter nonsense. The JCP isn't going to get 5 seats. Ever. "Permanent social democratic rule" is also one of the dumbest phrases I've ever heard anyone in Atlasia use. Honestly, everyone who ever pretends like Social Democrats rule everything should be savagely beaten, it's completely and utterly untrue. Soon there will be just two social democratic Senators and a social democratic President that doesn't really wield his authority at all, so the fact that he is one is irrelevant.

I'm so happy I don't live within walking distance of any of you people.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #205 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:06 PM »

Roll Eyes This thread is complete and utter nonsense. The JCP isn't going to get 5 seats. Ever. "Permanent social democratic rule" is also one of the dumbest phrases I've ever heard anyone in Atlasia use. Honestly, everyone who ever pretends like Social Democrats rule everything should be savagely beaten, it's completely and utterly untrue. Soon there will be just two social democratic Senators and a social democratic President that doesn't really wield his authority at all, so the fact that he is one is irrelevant.

I'm so happy I don't live within walking distance of any of you people.

This is Marokai Hulk.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #206 on: December 10, 2009, 05:57:18 PM »

The JCP could win all five regional seats fairly easily. A couple more people in the Southeast (or just turnout) and Bacon King could snag a seat. MaxQue has no opposition whatsoever. Badger would have been able to win the Mideast seat, you guys should be fielding bums like Ebowed for the at-large seat. bullmoose88 would easily win the Northeast seat if he ran. Franken will win re-election comfortably.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #207 on: December 10, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »

Now you WANT afleitch?

lol

Something like that. But how would that force a realignment? All it does is temporarily give that ticket a 40/60 shot at the Presidency based on artificial 'alliances' that create no long term coalition in opposition and ultimately will fail to accomplish anything because the JCP (if it were smart enough) could elect five Senators at the regional level in February.

Well forcing a realignment would require a change in attitudes among certain people, burying the hatchet & working together to prevent total domination by a single party. The ticket would not do that in & of itself, but it would be useful in pushing the re-alignment.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #208 on: December 10, 2009, 06:01:58 PM »

Well forcing a realignment would require a change in attitudes among certain people, burying the hatchet & working together to prevent total domination by a single party.

Well, that's why I started that other thread. I am open to those first steps.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: December 10, 2009, 06:05:13 PM »

The JCP could win all five regional seats fairly easily. A couple more people in the Southeast (or just turnout) and Bacon King could snag a seat. MaxQue has no opposition whatsoever. Badger would have been able to win the Mideast seat, you guys should be fielding bums like Ebowed for the at-large seat. bullmoose88 would easily win the Northeast seat if he ran. Franken will win re-election comfortably.

Impressive delusions, Hamilton.

Bacon King is likely to run for President. MaxQue is in our stronghold that we usually hold anyway. Badger will hopefully soon be an at-large Senator and I figure someone like Franzl or Ben will run for the Senate in February, we have little JCP voters there. And bullmoose can run if he likes, but there's no evidence that his election is a slam-dunk at all.

Your little fantasy relies on a perfect storm and isn't based at all in reality.

This entire thread is stupidity versus the facts. Whining versus reality. This thread is one big pity-party that's full of ignorant statements like "permanent social democratic rule" that make me want to vomit. All this thread is about, as I've said countless times now, is repeating this ridiculous buzzwords and impossible nightmare scenarios that will never happen just so you can hope someone takes your side against the JCP.

Three Senators and a President that rarely exercises his powers are not "permanent social democratic rule" especially since one of those Social Democrats is a newbie and another is outgoing. We work with other parties and accomplish things they want to do as well. I didn't pass the stimulus over everyone else's opposition. I didn't ignore Afleitch and Franzl when crafting a new set of income tax brackets. If you want to bitch about the way the government is going, why don't you bitch at the people who you're trying without end to slobber all over.

The DA, by every indication, is not interested in this "WE MUST WIN AT ALL COSTS, GAHAAAAAAAASDDFEFGRTHFF" attitude that you seem to have. In fact, it's very existence seems based on the precise opposite attitude. So what purpose does this thread serve? Asking for pity votes against the big bad JCP meanies.

Give me a break.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #210 on: December 10, 2009, 06:06:32 PM »

Impressive delusions, Marokai.

Roll Eyes
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #211 on: December 10, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »

This thread is BS. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same folks whine and whine about the evil JCP baddies. The reality flies completely against all this pity-partying, but that doesn't stop people from trying to convince others of all this BS.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #212 on: December 10, 2009, 06:40:36 PM »

Don't get me wrong, a party that is centrist in its beliefs is a novel idea, but there are not enough of us to win a national election, and we don't get along well enough anyway.

The first two contentions there are certainly wrong. The last one may well be true.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #213 on: December 10, 2009, 07:03:17 PM »

This thread is BS. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same folks whine and whine about the evil JCP baddies. The reality flies completely against all this pity-partying, but that doesn't stop people from trying to convince others of all this BS.

You're right, there is far too much pity-partying going on in Atlasia, but this is not the first time it's happened...

I hereby resign as Chairman of the Social Democratic Party, and am leaving the party. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Consider this an opportunity, everyone. Let us die, once and for all, and hope that one day we will reorganize as strong as the Conservatives of Atlasia have done in recent months. I have faith, have it with me.

Farewell.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: December 10, 2009, 07:11:33 PM »

You're right, there is far too much pity-partying going on in Atlasia, but this is not the first time it's happened...

I hereby resign as Chairman of the Social Democratic Party, and am leaving the party. I encourage everyone else to do the same.

Consider this an opportunity, everyone. Let us die, once and for all, and hope that one day we will reorganize as strong as the Conservatives of Atlasia have done in recent months. I have faith, have it with me.

Farewell.

Bit of a difference there, Smid. First of all, the left-wing of Atlasia was fractured and getting slaughtered in election after election, so much so that DWTL was declaring the right-wing as the dominating party and suggesting the JCP and SDP were dead. I resigned, hoping that it would cause a reformation in the left-wing of Atlasia, and within days of resigning, myself, Max, and Lief encouraged the party to absorb into the JCP. We did so, and my strategy was successful, the left wing is powerful once more.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #215 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »

Farewell.

Bit of a difference there, Smid. First of all, the left-wing of Atlasia was fractured and getting slaughtered in election after election, so much so that DWTL was declaring the right-wing as the dominating party and suggesting the JCP and SDP were dead. I resigned, hoping that it would cause a reformation in the left-wing of Atlasia, and within days of resigning, myself, Max, and Lief encouraged the party to absorb into the JCP. We did so, and my strategy was successful, the left wing is powerful once more.

If you didn't get the hint, the right seems to be likely to fracture given what PiT said Wink
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #216 on: December 10, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »

Farewell.

Pretty much the same thing. As you've noted, the left wing is powerful once more, which is akin to DWTL declaring the right wing as dominant. The left wing was fractured and getting slaughted, kind of like the RPP and ARC refusing to preference one another, with the DA/Centre keeping clear as well... basically the forces of the non-left are as fractured and possibly moreso than the JCP/SDP split of days gone by...
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #217 on: December 10, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »

Now, now, now. I can only speak for myself, but I would gladly preference a good RPPer (like yourself or fezzyfestoon). I simply refuse to vote for people like DWTL and Duke. I don't think a decision to not preference Mint by RPP members is anything more than an attack on me, not a rational analysis of Mint himself, and therefore is no better than what the RPP had been so mad at the DA for (hating them due to DWTL, solely).
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #218 on: December 10, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

Just curious, since you named fezzy as someone you'd vote for and he happens to be my best friend on the forum, and we are very similar politically, why would you vote for him and not me, besides the fact that it is me? You're essentially doing the same thing that we are by refusing to vote someone you don't like. Our politics are essentially the same on most issues. If it's personal, just admit it and don't chastise us for the same thing.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #219 on: December 10, 2009, 07:53:50 PM »

Just curious, since you named fezzy as someone you'd vote for and he happens to be my best friend on the forum, and we are very similar politically, why would you vote for him and not me, besides the fact that it is me? You're essentially doing the same thing that we are by refusing to vote someone you don't like. Our politics are essentially the same on most issues. If it's personal, just admit it and don't chastise us for the same thing.

You support Giuliani and fezzy supports Romney. I support Romney supporters.
Purple State
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #220 on: December 10, 2009, 08:44:55 PM »

This is the first time I'm looking through this thread and must admit I've read a full one and a half pages of it, but I would like to clarify something:

The DA is a centrist party with the ideals of pragmatism and cooperation. We enjoy working together with all parties that show a genuine interest and are respectful. All of a sudden, there are claims that the DA is riding the coattails of the JCP or are "enablers" or the JCP. A few months ago we were the "lapdog" of the RPP. This seems to be a pretty radical shift.

However, from where I've been standing over that entire time, I haven't seen such a shift in the ideology, makeup or preferences of the DA. We have always stood for pragmatism. We have always been open to cooperation. It seems to me that the DA has simply sat at the center as Atlasia shifts around us. If we are closer to or further from any party, it is because that party has shifted closer to or further from the DA, not the other way around.

So let me bring us back to the question of this thread: Does the JCP control Atlasian politics? I would say no, not in any existential or meaningful way. The JCP only has so much success now because it has moderated and moved towards the center, which it took after the RPP had ceded the center and refused to cooperate respectfully. So the JCP's legislation has not been, I imagine, as leftist as one would expect to see if the party held a true monopoly on Atlasian politics. Rather, the Atlasian left's agenda has been moderated precisely because the JCP does not have the power, presently, to act unilaterally. Atlasia's center is too big and too strong for any strictly right or left party to truly have "control."
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #221 on: November 05, 2020, 02:17:11 PM »
« Edited: November 05, 2020, 10:04:36 PM by Councilor Ishan »

I read this by a random search and JCP is clearly a Labor expy with Marokai Blue is like a modern Labor defender.

I'm amazed how this thread had 9 pages in 1 day, a thread that might have done that is maybe S019's town hall from when I joined
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2020, 02:25:55 PM »

I read this by a random search and JCP is clearly a Labor expy with Marokai Blue is like a modern Labor defender.

I'm amazed how this thread had 9 pages in 1 day, a thread that might have done that is maybe S019's town hall. 

Someone has an unhealthy obsession with someone...
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2020, 02:50:56 PM »

For what it's worth, I can easily remember a time (2013-2014) in which board activity was still massive compared to today. An entire page of threads could be new or have new posts within a day or two - sometimes less -, including prolonged discussion, both meaningful and corrosive public feuding or even party coordination (of the non-strategic voting type). The board being slow is something that in my experience has only seriously developed since the 2015 crisis and in the post-reset era, partly - but not exclusively - due to Discord and instant messaging.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #224 on: November 05, 2020, 02:57:04 PM »

I'm amazed how this thread had 9 pages in 1 day, a thread that might have done that is maybe S019's town hall. 

Someone has an unhealthy obsession with someone...
I remember it because of the fact that I first became "active" around that time.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies