Tennesse Mayor goes on racist rant on Facebook calls Obama a Muslim and more....
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:05:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Tennesse Mayor goes on racist rant on Facebook calls Obama a Muslim and more....
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Tennesse Mayor goes on racist rant on Facebook calls Obama a Muslim and more....  (Read 3837 times)
Smash255
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 04, 2009, 05:57:30 PM »

Holy Crap

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/dec/04/mayor-fires-at-obama-online/

Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 06:02:10 PM »

Wiseman is not a Wise man.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 06:04:24 PM »

This is what every politician south of the Mason-Dixon line wants to do.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 06:05:54 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
As I said in another thread, he makes a good point. Politicians should stick to C-SPAN. They don't need to mess up programming on every channel.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2009, 06:06:43 PM »

Are you just completely disinterested in making thoughtful posts?
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2009, 06:11:34 PM »

O_o
Nhoj
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.52, S: -7.74

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »

The memphis area sure has nice mayors dont they.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2009, 06:12:44 PM »

Not really, just the first thing that came to mind.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2009, 06:17:56 PM »

I think you'll concede that it was completely ridiculous, obviously untrue, and didn't say anything poignant about anything.  Why post it?  I know the Internet is an unfiltered medium and all, but don't you think it's kind of rude to present every inaccurate/uninteresting thought instead of taking the thirty seconds to say something interesting?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 06:24:47 PM »

I think you'll concede that it was completely ridiculous, obviously untrue, and didn't say anything poignant about anything.  Why post it?  I know the Internet is an unfiltered medium and all, but don't you think it's kind of rude to present every inaccurate/uninteresting thought instead of taking the thirty seconds to say something interesting?

Okay.
Bleeding heart conservative, HTMLdon
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.03, S: -2.26

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2009, 06:31:22 PM »

I know Russell and can't believe this is actually making the news.

He's a very normal, decent guy - he doesn't think of himself as a politician or a public figure and thus wasn't careful about what he put in his Facebook status.  The "Obama=Muslim" stuff is getting old, but what did he say that was "racist"Huh

Who can blame him for being upset that Obama was interrupting Charlie Brown? Smiley
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:32:44 PM »

J_J
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »

He's a very normal, decent guy - he doesn't think of himself as a politician or a public figure and thus wasn't careful about what he put in his Facebook status.  The "Obama=Muslim" stuff is getting old, but what did he say that was "racist"Huh

Who can blame him for being upset that Obama was interrupting Charlie Brown? Smiley

Some type of anti-Christian conspiracy??  His comments about property owners only being allowed to vote (who use to be the only property owners ?)  How you can honestly defend this crap is mind numbing..
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 06:48:43 PM »

Some type of anti-Christian conspiracy??  His comments about property owners only being allowed to vote (who use to be the only property owners ?)  How you can honestly defend this crap is mind numbing..

I'm not saying that I agree with his sentiments.  What I am saying is that when people are mad, people sometimes exaggerate their emotions.  Hell, there are things I've wanted to say on Facebook that I realized that I shouldn't hit "Share" -- some of my posts here have been angry rants Smiley

I'm sure that many of my ancestors were not property-owners, and I'll bet that some of Wiseman's weren't either -- race and property ownership are two different things.  In any event, the quote does not advocate that only property owners be allowed to vote -- it just states that things would be different if that were the case.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 06:51:33 PM »

Yeah, htmldon definitely has a point here. I call people muslim all the time when I get angry.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 06:53:18 PM »

Don, I don't see how you can argue that this man is not clearly a conspiratorial racist, saying that Obama intentionally disrupted the Charlie Brown rerun to promote his Muslim agenda and then going on to say that we should have kept voting rights how our Founding Fathers intended?

If anyone on this forum posted that, even in a drunk angry haze, I'd immediately label that as racist or sarcasm
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 06:54:24 PM »

Yeah, nothing racist about that. Obviously, the guys a racist, but that wasn't inherently racist.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 06:57:06 PM »

Yeah, nothing racist about that. Obviously, the guys a racist, but that wasn't inherently racist.

Given in the context of some undereducated hillybilly cracker, and the history of the "Obama=Muslim" movement, it's not hard to logically jump to that being racist.

Sure, you can technically quibble on which "ist" his words directly imply, but it's not a debate I find interesting unless we're talking about someone besides a po' redneck honkey.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 07:06:17 PM »

Don, I don't see how you can argue that this man is not clearly a conspiratorial racist, saying that Obama intentionally disrupted the Charlie Brown rerun to promote his Muslim agenda and then going on to say that we should have kept voting rights how our Founding Fathers intended?

If anyone on this forum posted that, even in a drunk angry haze, I'd immediately label that as racist or sarcasm

Because I know the man and he's not a "conspiratorial racist".   He is deeply concerned about the direction of the country.  And he really wanted to sit down and watch Charlie Brown.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 07:09:43 PM »

What does that have to do with Obama intentionally trying to block good Christians like him from watching their rerun?  And what does that have to do with voting rights?
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 07:21:13 PM »

htmldon is a weird one.

Anyway, isn't it funny that Charles Schultz went on to become an atheist some years after this special? lol.
htmldon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 07:22:57 PM »

What does that have to do with Obama intentionally trying to block good Christians like him from watching their rerun?  And what does that have to do with voting rights?

He is not seriously advocating that anyone be denied their voting (or any other) rights.  Subconsciously he may be expressing the feeling that many people have that citizens who are paying little or no taxes have exceeded the majority of the electorate and will continue to vote for higher taxes for society's most productive or risk-taking individuals.  A nation cannot survive if 51% of the electorate can with the swoop of a pen take everything that the other 49% has.  This is why we have a Constitution - to protect majority and minority alike.  There is a growing feeling that the Constitution is no longer worth the paper it is written on - that the President and Congress can implement any program they wish without even a breath of adherence to our founding document.

Yes it's a bit hypocritical for people to all-of-a-sudden be concerned with the Constitution beginning January 20, 2009.... but someone had to take over for the Democrats who were opposed to the PATRIOT Act and other silliness imposed by the previous administration.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2009, 07:26:30 PM »

Because I know the man and he's not a "conspiratorial racist".   He is deeply concerned about the direction of the country.  And he really wanted to sit down and watch Charlie Brown.

Don you are letting your personal feelings about the guy cloud.  Its obvious this is more than just him wanting to watch Charlie Brown.  The absurd this was done on purpose and is some  anti-Christian, pro-Muslim conspiracy is ABSURD. 
War on Want
Evilmexicandictator
Junior Chimp
Uzbekistan

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -8.00

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »

He is not seriously advocating that anyone be denied their voting (or any other) rights.  Subconsciously he may be expressing the feeling that many people have that citizens who are paying little or no taxes have exceeded the majority of the electorate and will continue to vote for higher taxes for society's most productive or risk-taking individuals.  A nation cannot survive if 51% of the electorate can with the swoop of a pen take everything that the other 49% has.  This is why we have a Constitution - to protect majority and minority alike.  There is a growing feeling that the Constitution is no longer worth the paper it is written on - that the President and Congress can implement any program they wish without even a breath of adherence to our founding document.

Yes it's a bit hypocritical for people to all-of-a-sudden be concerned with the Constitution beginning January 20, 2009.... but someone had to take over for the Democrats who were opposed to the PATRIOT Act and other silliness imposed by the previous administration.
Or he could be subconsciously be expressing the feeling that many people have that unamerican liberals, n*ggers, f*ggots and brown people have exceeded the majority of the electorate and will continue to support higher taxes on good ol' American conservatives and more rights for themselves.

My interpretation sounds more realistic to me. I'm sure he knows that historically most of the "riff raff" couldn't vote and that this led to a stronger southern aristocracy so he subconsiously said that he supports switching voting rights to the past. The point is either way, his views are not democratic, have racist/elitist undertones and are backwards.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2009, 09:06:37 PM »

Hey, why are you endorsing the insane fanatics wing of the GOP? Do you want your party to be reduced to Mississippi?
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies