2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk]
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:15:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk]
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2009 Foreign Policy Review Bill [On President's Desk]  (Read 11744 times)
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 01, 2009, 10:10:54 PM »
« edited: December 07, 2009, 05:20:45 PM by Sen. Marokai Blue, PPT »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
[/quote]

Sponsor: Hashemite
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -0.35

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 10:14:14 PM »

Of course the SOEA supports this bill.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.58, S: -5.13

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 10:15:51 PM »

Chaves?
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:31:25 PM »

One spelling error! OMG!
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »

I'm just trying to help ensure accuracy. This stuff is supposed to be official.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 11:02:43 PM »

"Saudi Arabia: Partial restrictions. We are concerned about the human rights situation and censorship"

But the Oil? Cry

Anyway, I like the majority of the reviews in this bill. However, I would like some sort of statement about the status of Tibet in the China article.
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2009, 02:34:50 AM »

Well, we should get rid of the comment about Berlusconi and South American part needs to be upgraded since Chavez lost control of his country.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2009, 07:38:58 AM »

I do plan on proposing a rather large amendment today, fixing some of the obvious issues and other parts I personally disagree with.

In addition, in my last FPR as SoEA, I specified what I meant by partial restrictions. They can be partial economic, partial military or both partial economic and partial military.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2009, 07:53:45 PM »

Part One of amendment:

Official DOEA Policy: The Americas

Antigua and Barbuda: Normal
Argentina: Normal
Bahamas: Normal
Barbados: Normal
Belize: Normal
Bolivia: Normal
Brazil: Normal
Canada: Normal
Chile: Normal
Colombia: Normal, though we have concerns over corruption, illegal narcotics and the FARC.
Costa Rica: Normal
Cuba: Atlasian policy regarding Cuba is currently F.L. 18-6, Cuban Relations Act.
Dominica: Normal
Dominican Republic: Normal
Ecuador: Normal
El Salvador: Normal
Grenada: Normal
Guatemala: Normal
Guyana: Normal
Haiti: Normal, though we have concerns regarding instability.
Honduras:  Partial military restrictions due to the ongoing political crisis.
Jamaica: Normal
Mexico: Normal though we have serious concerns about the drug warlords conflict/
Nicaragua: Normal
Panama: Normal
Paraguay: Normal
Peru: Normal
Saint Kitts and Nevis: Normal
Saint Lucia: Normal
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines: Normal
Suriname: Normal
Trinidad and Tobago: Normal
Uruguay: Normal
Venezuela: Normal

DoEA Policy: Europe

Albania: Normal, but we have concerns over corruption
Andorra: Normal
Armenia: Partial military restrictions, due to concerns regarding Nagorno-Karabakh and instability in the region
Austria: Normal
Azerbaijan: Full military and economic restrictions until free elections are held, civil liberties respected and transparency is restored.
Belarus: Full military and economic restrictions until free elections are held and civil liberties respected.
Belgium: Normal
Bosnia & Herzegovina: Normal
Bulgaria: Normal
Croatia: Normal
Czech Republic: Normal
Denmark: Normal
Estonia: Normal
Finland: Normal
France: Normal
Georgia: Normal, though we have concerns over free and fair elections and notably over the conflict in Abkhazia and South Ossetia.
Germany: Normal
Greece: Normal
Hungary: Normal
Iceland: Normal
Ireland: Normal
Italy: Normal
Kosovo: Normal
Latvia: Normal
Liechtenstein: Normal although we call for a complete transition to democracy and full transparency.
Lithuania: Normal
Luxembourg: Normal
Macedonia: Normal, although we have concerns about corruption, ethnic minorities and relations with Greece.
Moldova: Normal. Atlasia is pleased overall with democratic evolution in Moldova, though we have serious concerns about corruption and the Transnistria issue.
Monaco: Normal
Montenegro: Normal
Netherlands: Normal
Norway: Normal
Poland: Normal
Portugal: Normal
Romania: Normal
Russia: Partial military and economic restrictions. We have serious concerns about democracy, civil liberties, press freedom and Chechnya.
San Marino: Normal
Serbia: Normal
Slovakia: Normal
Slovenia: Normal
Sweden: Normal
Switzerland: Normal
Turkey: Normal, although concerns remain about treatment of Kurds
Ukraine: Normal, but we have concerns regarding current political stability, corruption, and various other problems
United Kingdom: Normal
Vatican City: Normal

Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 07:54:44 PM »

Part two of amendment. Most changes are bolded.

DOEA Policy: Africa

Algeria: Partial military and no economic restrictions because we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruption.
Angola: Normal, though we are concerned by corruption.
Benin: Normal
Botswana: Normal
Burkina Faso: Normal
Burundi: Normal, though we are still concerned about ethnic violence.
Cameroon: Normal, though we are concerned by the political situation and corruption.
Cape Verde: Normal
Central African Republic: Full military and economic restrictions.
Chad: Full military and economic restrictions
Comoros: Normal, though we are concerned by the current political situation
Congo: Partial military and partial economic restrictions, and we are concerned by the massive corruption.
Cote d’Ivoire: Partial military and no economic restrictions until political issues have been resolved and free elections held as soon as possible.
Democratic Republic of the Congo: Full military and economic restrictions because of serious concerns about the political situation, continued violence, basic rights, corruption and treatment of women.
Djibouti: Djibouti is a dictatorship. Full military and partial economic restrictions
Egypt: Normal, though we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruption.
Equatorial Guinea: Full military and economic restrictions
Eritrea: Full military and economic restrictions. We have strong concerns about the current situation, civil liberties and illegal weapons trading with Somalia.
Ethiopia: Normal, though we have concerns about political freedoms
Gabon: Partial military and no economic restrictions until democratic institutions are respected and civil liberties recognized.
Gambia: Partial military and no economic restrictions, though we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruption.
Ghana: Normal
Guinea: Partial military and no economic restrictions, though we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruptions. We support a return to civilian government.
Guinea-Bissau: Normal, though we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruption.
Kenya: Normal
Lesotho: Normal
Liberia: Normal
Libya: Full military and partial economic restrictions, we also have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights, and corruption.
Madagascar: Normal
Malawi: Normal
Mali: Normal
Mauritania: Partial military and no economic restrictions
Mauritius: Normal
Morocco: Normal, though we would like full democracy. On the matter of Western Sahara, we demand immediate negotiations concerning the status of Western Sahara, and the failure of Morocco to engage into talks will results in recognition of Sahrawi independence.
Mozambique: Normal
Namibia: Normal
Niger: Normal, though we have serious concerns about political freedoms, basic rights.
Nigeria: Normal, though there needs to be serious political reform and we are also worried about violence in the Niger Delta.
Rwanda: Normal, though we have concerns pertaining to freedom of the press and politics.
Sao Tome and Principe: Normal
Senegal: Normal
Seychelles: Normal
Sierra Leone: Normal, though we have some concerns.
Somalia: Full military and economic restrictions and we have strong concerns regarding piracy, and continued violence.
Somaliland: Normal. We strongly appreciate the government's co-operation with Atlasia in regards to piracy.
South Africa: Normal, though we have concerns over corruption and their response to the HIV/AIDs epidemic.
Sudan: Full military and economic restrictions, and we strongly condemn the situation in Darfur.
Swaziland: Full military and economic restrictions
Tanzania: Normal
Togo: Partial military and no economic restrictions.
Tunisia: Partial military and no economic restrictions.
Uganda: Normal, though we are concerned by the political situation and corruption.
Zambia: Normal, though we are concerned by the political situation and corruption.
Zimbabwe: Full military and economic restrictions

DOEA Policy:Asia and Oceania

Afghanistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption and a plethora of other issues.
Australia: Normal
Bahrain: Normal , though we want a full transfer to democracy.
Bangladesh: Normal
Bhutan: Normal
Brunei: Partial military and partial economic restrictions
Burma (Myanmar): Full military and economic restrictions
Cambodia: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption.
China: Partial military restrictions and no economic restrictions, though we are very concerned over human rights, and political liberties. We realize that China is a major economic partner and full economic restrictions would be counter-productive to the Atlasian and global economy. We call on fair and neutral negotiations between China and the Tibetan government-in-exile concerning the status of Tibet
East Timor: Normal
Federated States of Micronesia: Normal
Fiji: Normal, though we are concerned by the political situation.
India: Normal
Indonesia: Normal
Iran: Full military and economic restriction restrictions
Iraq: Normal, though we have major concerns about corruption and other issues.
Israel: Normal. We support an immediate end to the expansion and construction of settlements in the West Bank.
Japan: Normal
Jordan: Normal
Kazakhstan: Partial military and no economic restrictions. We want a full transfer to democracy.
Kiribati: Normal
Kuwait: Normal
Kyrgyzstan: Full military and economic restrictions
Laos: Normal, though we have concerns about human rights and basic freedoms.
Lebanon: Normal, but we have concerns about Hezbollah's role as a political and paramilitary (terrorist) organization.
Malaysia: Partial military and no economic restrictions.
Maldives: Normal
Marshall Islands: Normal
Mongolia: Normal
Nauru: Normal
Nepal: Normal
New Zealand: Normal
North Korea: Full military and economic restrictions
Oman: Partial military and no economic restrictions.
Pakistan: Normal, though we are concerned about corruption and other issues.
Palau: Normal
Palestine: Normal, though we are gravely concerned by the current political situation. Atlasia supports a two-state solution and would like a democratic and independent state of Palestine in the near future.
Papua New Guinea: Normal
Philippines: Normal
Qatar: Normal, though we want a full transfer to democracy.
Samoa: Normal
Saudi Arabia: Partial military and no economic restrictions. We are concerned about the human rights situation and civil liberties in the Kingdom.
Singapore: Normal, though we would like a true democracy.
Solomon Islands: Normal
South Korea: Normal
Sri Lanka: Normal.
Syria: Full military and economic restrictions.
Tajikistan: Full military and economic restrictions.
Thailand: Normal, though we are concerned about the political situation.
Tonga: Normal
Turkmenistan: Full restrictions
Tuvalu: Normal
United Arab Emirates: Normal, though we are concerned about workers rights and political freedoms.
Uzbekistan: Full military and economic restrictions
Vanuatu: Normal
Vietnam: Normal
Yemen: Normal, though we are concerned about civil liberties and corruption.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 10:15:58 PM »

I very much approve of the distinguished Senator's changes.  Of course there are new developments in the world since I wrote the original review.
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2009, 06:55:28 PM »

I don't think I have any objections here, really. I can open a vote later tonight if no one else has anything to add.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2009, 07:33:57 PM »

I don't think I have any objections here, really. I can open a vote later tonight if no one else has anything to add.

Yeah, my fellow Senators don't care about our foreign policy. Sad
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2009, 07:35:29 PM »

Yeah, my fellow Senators don't care about our foreign policy. Sad

I just wish I knew enough about the world to comment on these changes, but at first glance they look fine. Tongue Foreign policy has just never been my strong point.

Domestic policy, however..
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2009, 09:45:46 PM »

Vepres has some concerns about Saudi Arabia it seems. And is there anyway we could nudge Uganda against the consideration of their recent bill on homosexuality? I don't deal with foreign policy biz much so if this isn't the right avenue to do that, fine, but I would prefer some sort of formal opposition to that legislation if the SoEA hasn't done so already.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2009, 09:49:19 PM »

Vepres has some concerns about Saudi Arabia it seems. And is there anyway we could nudge Uganda against the consideration of their recent bill on homosexuality? I don't deal with foreign policy biz much so if this isn't the right avenue to do that, fine, but I would prefer some sort of formal opposition to that legislation if the SoEA hasn't done so already.

How about we let Uganda worry about Uganda?
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »

Oh okay, let's just table the foreign policy review then.
Alexander Hamilton
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 09:53:20 PM »

Oh okay, let's just table the foreign policy review then.

Works for me.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 09:58:39 PM »

Would this be the place to discuss foreign aid, or would that be a separate bill?

I feel Uganda could use more humanitarian assistance due to the horrible things the LRA did to the people. While the LRA seems to be losing at this point, the psychological trauma many of the people have is tragic.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2009, 10:00:29 PM »

Would this be the place to discuss foreign aid, or would that be a separate bill?

This is primarily accepting the FPR as legislation passed by past Senates requires. Humanitarian aid is usually other legislation, and I would be happy to sponsor any bill dealing with humanitarian aid to Africa.

I'm also obviously open to any amendments on my amendment, concerning Uganda if they arise.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2009, 10:03:31 PM »

This is primarily accepting the FPR as legislation passed by past Senates requires. Humanitarian aid is usually other legislation, and I would be happy to sponsor any bill dealing with humanitarian aid to Africa.

I'm also obviously open to any amendments on my amendment, concerning Uganda if they arise.

They deserve aid, but I think the current policy in this bill is good.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

Only problem with aid on my part is that it just helps out the government leaders and little actually gets to the average people.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2009, 11:03:07 AM »

Only problem with aid on my part is that it just helps out the government leaders and little actually gets to the average people.

Well, yeah, but we can support organizations aiding people there such as "Invisible Children" and such. You could also add a caveat that they lose aid if they don't produce results.
HappyWarrior
hannibal
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2009, 01:41:53 PM »

Well, yeah, but we can support organizations aiding people there such as "Invisible Children" and such. You could also add a caveat that they lose aid if they don't produce results.

Thats all I'm suggesting largely.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2009, 04:36:01 PM »

Thats all I'm suggesting largely.

Well then, carry on Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies