Is Huckabee finished?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 04, 2024, 10:48:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2012 Elections
  Is Huckabee finished?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: Is Huckabee finished?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 67

Author Topic: Is Huckabee finished?  (Read 9240 times)
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 02:32:27 PM »
« edited: December 01, 2009, 02:34:48 PM by Kucinichisdabest »

If Huckabee wins the nomination he will lose because he is a Christian and i don't like Christians and he will do badly among a certain group and lose Oklahoma but he will win because he is a Christian and he loves America but Obama will win because he will do well in certain states because of this, that and the other, but he could lose Utah and Wyoming but he will do well among middle aged voters which means Huckabee has a chance of winning California because he is not an Athiest and i think Obama will win Ohio because Huckabee is a great man and will win Ohio. Also, polls say that Huckabee will win but that can't be right because the polling organization is wrong and Huckabee will win Washington DC because he will win Utah and that will give Obama the Presidency.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 02:34:43 PM »

http://ta-nehisicoates.theatlantic.com/archives/2009/12/hucks_defense.php

video of him on the O'Reilly factor defending himself
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 02:36:30 PM »

I wonder if 'the factor' is still the most watched cable news show, now with Glenn Beck on FOX. I'm not sure O Reilly's ego could take that.
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »

If Huckabee wins the nomination he will lose because he is a Christian and i don't like Christians and he will do badly among a certain group and lose Oklahoma but he will win because he is a Christian and he loves America but Obama will win because he will do well in certain states because of this, that and the other, but he could lose Utah and Wyoming but he will do well among middle aged voters which means Huckabee has a chance of winning California because he is not an Athiest and i think Obama will win Ohio because Huckabee is a great man and will win Ohio. Also, polls say that Huckabee will win but that can't be right because the polling organization is wrong and Huckabee will win Washington DC because he will win Utah and that will give Obama the Presidency.

LOL
RosettaStoned
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -5.91

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »

Like he ever had a chance anyway.
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2009, 07:37:30 PM by Ogre Mage »

Huckabee's not finished as a political force.  I think he will still have a following.

As a Presidential candidate, he is absolutely finished.  As morbid as it sounds, I think the high body count makes the situation look worse politically, as does the fact this is not the first time he has gotten in trouble over law & order issues.  If this was the first case of this and there had only been one victim, he might have been able to weather it.  But a quadruple cop-killer who had previously assaulted an officer and was accused of child molestation?  And after Huckabee's previous controversy with Wayne DuMond?  The optics of it are devastating.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 03:45:32 PM »

The GOP has few ways to win and many to lose in 2012.  One of those ways - Huckabee - has disappeared today with the emergence of this story.  Huckabee may well have been finished even earlier.  The corporate tycoons and the robber barons who control the inner workings of the GOP would have seen to it that a populist candidate never became the nominee, no matter how sympathetic he may have been to their Christofascist policies.  This means that the Clinton-but-not Obama states are in danger of falling to the Democrats.  These states are culturally different.  Time will tell if they will vote for a candidate who has improved their economic situation rather than one who shares their regressive values.

It is worth nothing that Huckabee is more popular among the 18-25 demographic than any other Republican candidate.  As young people become increasingly liberal, they need someone who can reach out to them.  So far, the GOP has churned out Sarah Palin - a mediocrity who has not proved herself intelligent enough to win an election, much less serve as President. 

Knock it off you robotic clown. Every conversation is not about the 2012 electoral map.

Oops, you're going to feel silly in a little while...
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

For the record, I was humiliated by van der blubb but decided to delete the post
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2009, 04:53:43 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2009, 04:59:12 PM by pbrower2a »

The GOP has few ways to win and many to lose in 2012.  One of those ways - Huckabee - has disappeared today with the emergence of this story.  Huckabee may well have been finished even earlier.  The corporate tycoons and the robber barons who control the inner workings of the GOP would have seen to it that a populist candidate never became the nominee, no matter how sympathetic he may have been to their Christofascist policies.  This means that the Clinton-but-not Obama states are in danger of falling to the Democrats.  These states are culturally different.  Time will tell if they will vote for a candidate who has improved their economic situation rather than one who shares their regressive values.

It is worth nothing that Huckabee is more popular among the 18-25 demographic than any other Republican candidate.  As young people become increasingly liberal, they need someone who can reach out to them.  So far, the GOP has churned out Sarah Palin - a mediocrity who has not proved herself intelligent enough to win an election, much less serve as President.  

In case anyone wonders what happened to the real pbrower2a, then I am he; imitation is flattery, but when it is that blatant it is plagiarism.  

Corrected:

The GOP has few ways to win and many to lose in 2012.  One of those ways - Huckabee - has may have disappeared today with the emergence of this story.  Huckabee may well have been finished even earlier.  The corporate tycoons and the robber barons  Executive Elite who control the inner workings of the GOP would have seen to it that a populist candidate never]with the common touch (would become) the nominee, no matter how sympathetic he may have been to their Christofascist policies.  

This means that the Clinton-but-not Obama states are in danger of falling to the Democrats.  These states are culturally different.  Time will tell if they will vote for a candidate who has improved their economic situation rather than one who shares their regressive values political culture.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

my comment -- I have no way in which to know this or deny it. I can say nothing about that.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I don't use the hackneyed term "robber barons" for contemporary plutocrats or the word "Christofascist". I recognize the current configuration of the GOP as a coalition of right-wing special interests to the exclusion of almost all else.

Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
« Edited: December 01, 2009, 07:54:10 PM by Ogre Mage »

It strikes me that this incident is a boon to Sarah Palin.  With Huckabee now damaged, she will have a stronger hold on the Religious Right/conservative blue collar vote.  Even if she doesn't run, they will likely have to appease her somehow.
Smid
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2009, 09:40:48 PM »

In case anyone wonders what happened to the real pbrower2a, then I am he; imitation is flattery, but when it is that blatant it is plagiarism.  

A dumb prank, really, but kinda reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LghBMBAAQiI&feature=related
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »

The GOP has few ways to win and many to lose in 2012.  One of those ways - Huckabee - has disappeared today with the emergence of this story.  Huckabee may well have been finished even earlier.  The corporate tycoons and the robber barons who control the inner workings of the GOP would have seen to it that a populist candidate never became the nominee, no matter how sympathetic he may have been to their Christofascist policies.  This means that the Clinton-but-not Obama states are in danger of falling to the Democrats.  These states are culturally different.  Time will tell if they will vote for a candidate who has improved their economic situation rather than one who shares their regressive values.

It is worth nothing that Huckabee is more popular among the 18-25 demographic than any other Republican candidate.  As young people become increasingly liberal, they need someone who can reach out to them.  So far, the GOP has churned out Sarah Palin - a mediocrity who has not proved herself intelligent enough to win an election, much less serve as President. 

Knock it off you robotic clown. Every conversation is not about the 2012 electoral map.

Oops, you're going to feel silly in a little while...

The fact remains that he is a jackass.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

hopefully
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 06:11:19 PM »

Huckabee is done. He will never survive this onsluaght, even if much of isn't fair, the fact remains that those murders were a direct result of Mike Huckabee.

Cheers, President Romney.
segwaystyle2012

Political Matrix
E: 9.68, S: -0.70

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 06:22:55 PM »

Huckabee is done. He will never survive this onsluaght, even if much of isn't fair, the fact remains that those murders were a direct result of Mike Huckabee.

What isn't fair?
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »

President Romney?

I assume you're seeing something I'm not.
MagneticFree
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.97, S: -0.70

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2009, 01:38:31 AM »

I think Huckabee is better off staying where he's at with his show on Fox.
Obnoxiously Slutty Girly Girl
Libertas
Atlas Icon
Finland

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2009, 01:57:03 AM »

I think Huckabee is better off staying where he's at with his show on Fox.
For his sake, and for America's.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2009, 03:44:16 PM »

I guess not:

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2009/12/08/huckabee_unscathed.html
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2009, 03:51:58 PM »

I'm sure he would get hammered on it in the primaries though. Quite frankly, most people have no idea that he let the guy out of jail. Not everyone is politically in-tuned like the rest of us.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2009, 03:55:49 PM »

As I just posted in another thread about Palin quitting as governor, most voters don't follow stuff like this.  Huckabee is hardly in the public eye anymore, and most people aren't following news about him.  The question, rather, is how this would play in a primary election campaign as the other candidates try to educate the voters about it.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2009, 08:29:58 PM »

I'm sure he would get hammered on it in the primaries though. Quite frankly, most people have no idea that he let the guy out of jail. Not everyone is politically in-tuned like the rest of us.

His primary opponents might use it, recalling the very-effective "Willie Horton" ad, but Obama would never use it against Huckabee for reasons that should be obvious. 
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2009, 10:22:46 PM »

If he were running for President, he'd be sticking to the diet/exercise regimen. As is, if you saw his latest Daily Show appearance, he's gained a good deal of weight.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2009, 11:43:02 PM »

I would say he his.  His involvement with the Lakewood, WA police massacre suspect will hurt him, as will his staunch conservatism.  You cannot win a presidential election in this day in age by being on either extreme.  One has to campaign close to the center and then slowly move to toward one-sided governing, like President Obama has done.  He campaigned from the center-left, but is governing from the left.  President Bush even campaigned from the center-right, but governed farther to the right from where he campaigned.  I just don't think Huckabee knows how to campaign from the center just like Sarah Palin wouldn't know how to.  You can win the primaries from the fringe, but not the general election.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2009, 11:47:45 PM »

I would say he his.  His involvement with the Lakewood, WA police massacre suspect will hurt him, as will his staunch conservatism.  You cannot win a presidential election in this day in age by being on either extreme.  One has to campaign close to the center and then slowly move to toward one-sided governing, like President Obama has done.  He campaigned from the center-left, but is governing from the left.  President Bush even campaigned from the center-right, but governed farther to the right from where he campaigned.  I just don't think Huckabee knows how to campaign from the center just like Sarah Palin wouldn't know how to.  You can win the primaries from the fringe, but not the general election.

No. Obama is governing from the right.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies