High Authority for Ethics in Voting Bill [Debating] (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:42:20 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  High Authority for Ethics in Voting Bill [Debating] (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: High Authority for Ethics in Voting Bill [Debating]  (Read 19856 times)
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« on: November 27, 2009, 08:13:18 AM »

FTR, I'm more inclined to support this proposition of Antonio than his previous one, in that it removes the stupid post requirements from zombie regulation attempts but I'm uneasy with the vagueness of the HAEV's job and how it open the door to potential abuse. I think if people are interested in this, which, knowing this Senate, they aren't, they prefer to vote NAY right now; some sort of regulations need to be established.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:18:38 AM »

I think if people are interested in this, which, knowing this Senate, they aren't, they prefer to vote NAY right now

Perhaps you could answer my question instead of just throwing insults at the Senate?

I did not write this legislation, as I made clear in the introduction thread. I have a few ideas of my own, but I'd like the real sponsor of this bill to address the Senate on the issue.

And please don't deny the little interest this Senate has in zombie regulation.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 07:05:18 PM »

I sympathize with what Antonio and Hash are trying to accomplish, but.. come on.

Do you feel that anything can be done?

FTR, I'm personally open to giving these responsibilities to a more able body if need and demand be, such as the Courts, Senators or Governors even.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 05:45:14 PM »

FTR, I'm personally open to giving these responsibilities to a more able body if need and demand be, such as the Courts, Senators or Governors even.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »

I will accept this amendment as friendly if you change Section 3, clause 2 to 5 instead of 4. Or if not, a simple plurality could do, I suppose.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »

I think the problem right now is not with zombies, but instead has shifted to trolls

There is significant overlap between both categories.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 08:01:40 AM »

Aye
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 04:05:24 PM »

Amendment offered:

Section 3: Possibility of Appeal

Whereas:
-The notion of "inactive" specified in Article V, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Atlasian Constitution can be subject to different interpretations, and that the HAEV may potentially abuse this ambiguity by declaring as "inactive" an Atlasian citizen who should not be considered so.
- The Supreme Court's role is to interpret the Constitution in the case when its formulation is ambiguous.

1. An Atlasian Citizen who has been declared inactive by the HAEV shall have the right to appeal said declaration in the week following the HAEV's decision.
2. In the case previously specified, the Supreme Court shall have the power to annul the decision of the HAEV. The procedure used shall be the same as for any court case.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 08:21:56 PM »

ftr, I feel this is the closest we can come at making real zombie reform without instituting ridiculous posting requirements, activity checks and all that junk. I think this is probably the best thing if you really want zombie reform, and I guess that opposition to this is largely opposition to the principle of zombie reform in itself.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 08:08:11 PM »

Amendments offered:

Section 1(4) is amended to read: "Nominees to the HAEV shall be subject to a confirmation process as determined by the OSPR. The Senate must confirm the nominee by a two-thirds vote in favor."

Clause 5 is added to Section 2: "The HAEV shall choose a presiding officer to ensure the proper functioning of the body. The HAEV shall create binding guidelines before acting in its designated capacity, the institution and future amendment of which must be affirmed by two-thirds of the Senate."
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2009, 05:48:39 PM »

This legislation has nothing to do with post counts. Reading the legislation more carefully would reveal that important aspect of this bill.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

This legislation has nothing to do with post counts. Reading the legislation more carefully would reveal that important aspect of this bill.
Hmm, true, its actually almost completely subject to the arbitrary whims of some dictatorial "High Authority."

Ah, yes, I forgot about the evil dictators and the evil authoritarian fascist government. Sorry, please do carry on.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 12:40:46 PM »

A strong Aye, and I encourage all other Senators to give this proposal a chance. If it works, keep it, but if it ends up not working once implemented, we will have all the rights to repeal this.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 01:20:16 PM »

I can just veto this silly bill like I had originally planned.

Your support is appreciated.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

Yeah! Now, off to the hard part(s).
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »

It feels weird to have your support in this now Tongue
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2009, 04:35:10 PM »

Otoh, I obviously ask Lief to give this proposal the benefit of the doubt like a majority of Senators have clearly asked.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies