BREAKING: THATCHER IS DEAD............... oh wait
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:57:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  BREAKING: THATCHER IS DEAD............... oh wait
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: BREAKING: THATCHER IS DEAD............... oh wait  (Read 4855 times)
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 04:46:39 PM »

Are you going to bother contributing to this discussion at all?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2009, 04:47:04 PM »

She was the best Prime Minister this country had since Gladstone.

Says WINSTON Disraeli.

Surely the 'Disraeli' portion of his name is a more lolworthy response to his post?

But to be honest, discussing that poster is one of the least interesting activities I can think of.  I'm pretty sure he's the only person who enjoys doing it, which explains why he does it so often.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2009, 04:49:32 PM »

She was the best Prime Minister this country had since Gladstone.

Says WINSTON Disraeli.

Surely the 'Disraeli' portion of his name is a more lolworthy response to his post?

But to be honest, discussing that poster is one of the least interesting activities I can think of.  I'm pretty sure he's the only person who enjoys doing it, which explains why he does it so often.

Apart from the fact that I have no idea why you keep insisting on me being a narcissist (I'm anything but), why did you feel the need to post this?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2009, 04:59:27 PM »

Well, you claimed that Gladstone was one of the best PMs your country has had, and yet your username contains the name 'Disraeli', which refers to one of your favorite politicians of all time.  Since Gladstone ultimately succeeded Disraeli, your statement here implies that the former was better than the latter.  Thus, you haven't really made any sense.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2009, 05:01:15 PM »

Well, you claimed that Gladstone was one of the best PMs your country has had, and yet your username contains the name 'Disraeli', which refers to one of your favorite politicians of all time.  Since Gladstone ultimately succeeded Disraeli, your statement here implies that the former was better than the latter.  Thus, you haven't really made any sense.

I like both of them, but these days I like Gladstone more. My political views have changed alot, because I used to be a social con populist, pretty much. Both Disraeli and Churchill were pretty pro-Empire, and so was I at the time, so eh. Also, I'm on other boards so it's pretty much become a standard name for me to use.
afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2009, 05:04:39 PM »

You don't know what you believe in anymore. Its flexible, naturally, to allow you to slip into the role of semi-troll and antagonist.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2009, 05:05:52 PM »

I like both of them, but these days I like Gladstone more. My political views have changed alot, because I used to be a social con populist, pretty much. Both Disraeli and Churchill were pretty pro-Empire, and so was I at the time, so eh. Also, I'm on other boards so it's pretty much become a standard name for me to use.

Congratulations; I don't care.  I came here to discuss a dead cat, not the shifting politics of some random kid.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2009, 05:06:50 PM »

Congratulations; I don't care.  I came here to discuss a dead cat, not the shifting politics of some random kid.

Umm, you asked about my name. So I answered. Stop trolling.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

You don't know what you believe in anymore. Its flexible, naturally, to allow you to slip into the role of semi-troll and antagonist.

No, not really. I just decided that I didn't believe in that anymore. It's as simple as that, believe it or not.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »

I won't vote Tory, because too often they elect left-leaning One Nationers.

You can go with New Labour:

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

I would if it was a discussion worth constributing to.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 05:14:49 PM »

I won't vote Tory, because too often they elect left-leaning One Nationers.

You can go with New Labour:

All three of the main parties are pretty awful, Kaljewt.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »

Umm, you asked about my name. So I answered.

I didn't ask you anything, actually.  I'm quite capable of drawing my own conclusions based on the information I'm presented with, thank you very much.

I also notice that you've succeeded in one respect; pages two and three of this thread (which I created, by the way) are now devoted entirely to talking about you.  Congratulations!  Mission accomplished, once again.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 05:21:55 PM »

I didn't ask you anything, actually.  I'm quite capable of drawing my own conclusions based on the information I'm presented with, thank you very much.

I also notice that you've succeeded in one respect; pages two and three of this thread (which I created, by the way) are now devoted entirely to talking about you.  Congratulations!  Mission accomplished, once again.

Umm, you asked. If you don't want to know, don't ask. It's not hard. Also, grow up and cut the crap about me 'talking about myself'. I don't know why you've chosen to try it on me, but it doesn't work.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 05:25:35 PM »

I didn't ask you anything, actually.  I'm quite capable of drawing my own conclusions based on the information I'm presented with, thank you very much.

I also notice that you've succeeded in one respect; pages two and three of this thread (which I created, by the way) are now devoted entirely to talking about you.  Congratulations!  Mission accomplished, once again.

Umm, you asked. If you don't want to know, don't ask. It's not hard. Also, grow up and cut the crap about me 'talking about myself'. I don't know why you've chosen to try it on me, but it doesn't work.

It seems to work very well. You're talking about yourself right now.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

Wow, it's like talking to a wall.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 05:29:20 PM »

I didn't ask you anything, actually.  I'm quite capable of drawing my own conclusions based on the information I'm presented with, thank you very much.

I also notice that you've succeeded in one respect; pages two and three of this thread (which I created, by the way) are now devoted entirely to talking about you.  Congratulations!  Mission accomplished, once again.

Show me where I asked you a single question.  Go on, find me a question mark in one of my posts here that was directed towards yourself.

Also, try and counter the fact that the topic of You has dominated the last two pages of a thread that originally concerned a dead cat.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »

Show me where I asked you a single question.  Go on, find me a question mark in one of my posts here that was directed towards yourself.

Also, try and counter the fact that the topic of You has dominated the last two pages of a thread that originally concerned a dead cat.

You were confused about my name. I enlightened you. If you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have posted. But, I've come to the conclusion you're just an idiotic troll, so you're on ignore from now on. Goodbye.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2009, 05:34:37 PM »

You were confused about my name. I enlightened you.

Hardly.  It turns out my conclusions were entirely correct.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2009, 05:35:15 PM »

You were confused about my name. I enlightened you.

Hardly.  It turns out my conclusions were entirely correct.

Kthx.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2009, 05:37:48 PM »

Does this mean you're finally vacating my thread?
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2009, 05:39:58 PM »

Does this mean you're finally vacating my thread?

Maybe, if you stop trolling me.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

Surely by sticking around to talk some more about yourself, you're actually trolling my thread?

You started by twice declaring an irrelevant opinion of yours concerning Margaret Thatcher, when the original intent of the thread was to discuss a humorous comedy of errors concerning a dead cat who shared her name.  You then went on to share more of your inconsistent opinions, and when several people called you on it, we suddenly found that the entire thread had devolved into a discussion about you.  This is certainly not the first thread this has happened to.

It's an effective technique, and admittedly you're not the only person to use it, but it's a highly irritating one nonetheless.
k-onmmunist
Winston Disraeli
Atlas Icon

« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »

Surely by sticking around to talk some more about yourself, you're actually trolling my thread?

You started by twice declaring an irrelevant opinion of yours concerning Margaret Thatcher, when the original intent of the thread was to discuss a humorous comedy of errors concerning a dead cat who shared her name.  You then went on to share more of your inconsistent opinions, and when several people called you on it, we suddenly found that the entire thread had devolved into a discussion about you.  This is certainly not the first thread this has happened to.

They were talking about Thatcher the PM, so I shared my opinion. I don't really give a crap what you decide to talk about to be honest. If you're so determined not to talk about me, then don't. I don't really give a toss.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2009, 05:53:19 PM »

In which case, the best thing to do is for you to vacate this thread, and in so doing I will pledge to not mention you here any further.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies