Change That We Didn't Hope For: 2008 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 01:57:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Change That We Didn't Hope For: 2008 Election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Change That We Didn't Hope For: 2008 Election  (Read 22803 times)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2009, 12:50:33 AM »

“Mitch, look –whoever wins this thing in the House, both parties have to unanimously support their respective Vice Presidential Candidate”
“I agree, if your guy comes out on top, I will ask my party to support Joe, but can you guarantee that your party will support Palin if John comes out President-elect?”
“I will vote for her, and I will certainly ask the rest of the caucus to.”

First of Round of Voting 9:30am:

John McCain: 25
Barack Obama: 21
Not Voting: North Carolina, Ohio, Missouri, Indiana Delegations

The delegations refuse to vote because that they feel that winner of their state is in doubt due to voter fraud.  All the delegates voting voted for the candidate that won their respective state.

The second round of voting is scheduled for 11am.

Second Round of Voting:
John McCain: 24
Barack Obama: 23

Not Voting: North Carolina, Ohio, Missouri, Indiana

The second round of voting, delegations from Colorado and Nevada break from the pack, and vote for Senator Barack Obama. The lone Republican in the Delaware delegation switches to John Mccain.

The third round of voting, scheduled for 1pm:

John McCain: 25
Barack Obama: 22

Not Voting: North Carolina, Ohio, Missouri, Indiana

The Colorado Delegation switches its vote back to Senator John McCain

Fourth round of voting, scheduled for 3pm:

John McCain: 26
Barack Obama: 22
Not Voting: North Carolina, Ohio, Indiana

In a surprise move, the Missouri delegation votes in the fourth round for Senator John McCain, making him President-elect.

“I need to see Senator McCain”
“I’m sorry sir, but you can’t…the doctor is in with him now.”
“I’m his campaign manager and a good friend; I have to talk to him, its important that I see him now.”
“I’m sorry sir but…”
A third voice cries “We need to get him to the OR now!”

The Senate convenes shortly after…

First Round of Voting For Vice President:

96 of 98 Senators are present.  Senator John McCain is hospitalized. Senator Barack Obama is not on the floor.

In a surprise turn of events, the Senate Democrats turn their backs on Harry Reid by break ranking Joseph Biden for Vice President.

First Round of Voting:
Senator Joseph Biden:  52
Governor Sarah Palin: 44

5:30pm - Senator Barack Obama, live on national television, recognizes that Senator John McCain won the election and that he will be the next President of the United States.
“Our voices have been heard America –John McCain hears you, George Bush hears you, the world hears you. I will keep fighting but right now. It is time now to stand behind President-elect McCain.  America cannot be divided like we are now, no matter how unfairly treated we feel. We cannot stand divided with two wars on our plate, and American lives at stake overseas. We must unite America once again.

John McCain will finish the job against al Qaeda in Afghanistan; will care for our veterans;  will restore our moral standing in the world; he will unite America and the world against the common threats of the twenty-first century: terrorism and nuclear weapons; climate change and poverty; genocide and disease.

John McCain has good ideas, and he has been a patriot who has and will serve his country honorably.

But the reason our campaign has always been different is because it's not just about what I would do, it's also about what you, the people who love this country, can do to change it.
These past two months belong to you. It belongs to you, all the voters, all the volunteers, all the people out on the streets for the past month, who believed in our improbable journey and rallied so many others to join.

Always remember that no matter what obstacles stand in our way, nothing can withstand the power of millions of voices calling for change.”

6:15pm – Reports come in that President-elect John McCain has passed away due to a heart attack.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2009, 08:30:45 AM »

Biden is President
Sewer
SpaceCommunistMutant
Junior Chimp
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2009, 12:15:56 PM »

Cheesy
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2009, 12:59:19 PM »
« Edited: November 25, 2009, 01:01:55 PM by Northeast Representative Antonio V »

Why the hell didn't the House vote for Obama ?!?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2009, 02:22:33 PM »

BIDEN! Cheesy
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

They vote by state and and they respected the voters of their respective states. Obama won 21 starss & DC, McCain won 29 states on November 4th.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2009, 06:23:30 AM »

They vote by state and and they respected the voters of their respective states. Obama won 21 starss & DC, McCain won 29 states on November 4th.

Democratic Representatives voted for McCain even though Democratic nominee won with 54% of the votes ?? Seems rather unlikely.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2009, 11:32:12 AM »

Democratic Representatives voted for McCain even though Democratic nominee won with 54% of the votes ?? Seems rather unlikely.

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented action...and I wanted to make it interesting. Would have been boring if Obama just won.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »

Not to be annoying but MORE PLEAAAAASE. This is a very good timeline, we're left on a cliffhanger. What happens next? More more more, haha.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2009, 03:48:49 PM »

More!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2009, 05:22:22 PM »

Unprecedented times call for unprecedented action...and I wanted to make it interesting. Would have been boring if Obama just won.

You're certainly right on this. Wink
Phony Moderate
Obamaisdabest
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2009, 09:06:23 PM »

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »

Yes, there will be more. I've been at home and not at school for the holiday weekend. Thought I'd have time to write a tad, but I haven't. Definitely will be an update by or on Sunday, maybe beforehand depending how late people are over tonight. Glad to hear that my TL is getting a good reception still though.
Vepres
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2009, 12:34:32 AM »

Interesting. Personally I think the electoral college would've voted Obama in, but w/e.
Progressive
jro660

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2009, 10:17:39 AM »

Updates?
Captain Chaos
GZ67
United States

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »

BURRRRP

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2009, 12:14:25 PM »

UPDATE = TODAY

Sorry guys, school caught up with me, but its all done now. I'm writing the update as we speak. I'll try to make it long and worth your while.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2009, 03:07:42 PM »
« Edited: December 16, 2009, 12:16:19 AM by sirnick »

7:00pm – Vice President Dick Cheney calls to congratulate President-elect Joe Biden. The President does not call.

8:00pm – President-elect Joe Biden issues a somber statement regarding President-elect John McCain’s death.  He says he will address the country again tomorrow.

The media beings to remember John McCain, as per the usual means, by documenting his life all over the 24-hour news cycle.

January 9th 2009

Public reaction to the fiasco seems be angry but spread out and the mass protests have stopped. Democrats are angry that Barack Obama did not win in the House –but happy they are getting a Democratic President. Republicans are obviously upset, as are Democrats, about the death of John McCain but are also angry about Joe Biden becoming President.

As one political pundit said “Everyone’s pissed off”
President-elect Biden says they will have cabinet announcements in the coming days.  
John McCain’s funeral is set for January 12th.

January 10th 2009

An aide leaks that President Bush never called President-elect Biden to congratulate him. President-elect Biden begins returning calls from world leaders. President Bush’s approval ratings are in the single digits.
   Pundits speculate on who Joe Biden will pick as his Vice President who will have to be confirmed in both the House and Senate.  Some on the extreme end suggest that Joe Biden could pick Barack Obama as his Vice President, and then step down.  Others suggest that would be going around the Constitution and would not be viewed well by the American people.
   Reports are coming in that there is tension between the White House and the transition team, but it is not delaying the transition process.

January 11th 2009
   President-elect Joe Biden announces a few cabinet positions:

Secretary of the Treasury: Paul Volcker

Secretary of Defense: Chuck Hagel

Secretary of the Interior: Kenneth L. Salazar

Department of Agriculture: Thomas J. Vilsack

Department of Health and Human Services: Howard Dean

Department of Housing and Urban Development: Shaun L.S. Donovan

Secretary  of Energy: Steven Chu

January 12th 2009

John McCain’s funeral is aired on national television. President George W. Bush is seen shaking hands and talking to President-elect Joseph Biden, dispelling fears that there is much tension between the two…however, the Biden camp never confirmed that President Bush congratulated him.

January 13th 2009
   The FBI issues a report on its investigation into election fraud. The three men that were caught in regards to the election fraud have connections with the Republican strategist, Frank Melville, who died in Seattle months ago.  The FBI explains how Melville hired a group of criminals known for this kind of thing both domestically and abroad and they rigged voting booths in several states. The FBI says it has arrested over fifty people in connection with the fraud so far, spanning several states.  The FBI Director says “There is a great likelihood that Senator Barack Obama would have won Ohio, Indiana and North Carolina had the voting process been legitimate.”

When asked, the FBI Director responded:

“As of right now, it does not look like Senator McCain knew of the fraud taking place, nor had anything to do with it. This was done with limited involvement from the campaign, but we will be subpoenaing campaign officials so we can be sure of this.”

“More specifics will come out during the trial that we cannot release at this time.”
   The FBI puts out a warrant for the arrest of Former Congressman and DC Lobbyist Tom Loeffler in connection to election fraud. The FBI believes he might have fled the United States to avoid arrest.

A Grand Jury subpoenas Governor Sarah Palin, Campaign Manager Rick Davis as well as other high ranking McCain campaign officials. Senator Joseph Lieberman is also subpoenaed.

January 14th 2009
   There is public outcry of the report and the fraud. The Republican Party begins denouncing and distancing itself from the campaign over fears that the voters will remember this in 2010, and in the future.

Sarah Palin issues a statement saying “Unfortunately I was not aware of this criminal activity occurring otherwise I would have brought it to the attention of the proper authorities. I will offer any information that could be helpful to the investigation.”
   President-elect Joe Biden issues a brief statement regarding the fraud, and saying that justice will be served so that this may never happen again. Pundits note that Biden’s public comments have been very limited in the past few days.
   The President-elect says that the Vice-Presidency will not be filled until after he takes office.
   More cabinet announcements:

National Security Advisor: General James L. Jones
Secretary of State: John Kerry
Attorney General:  Janet Napalitano
Department of Homeland Security:  Lee Hamilton

White House Chief of Staff: Greg Craig

January 20th 2009
   President Joseph Biden Jr. is sworn in as the 44th President of the United States.
   A senior aide leaks a list of Vice Presidential possibilities:
   Governor Bill Richardson of New Mexico
   Former Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota
   Senator Barack Obama of Illinois
   Former Senator Sam Nunn of Georgia
   Senator Chris Dodd of Connecticut
   Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania
President Bush leaves office with a 10% approval rating.

January 21st 2009
   The US Congress speedily confirms most of the President’s nominees. John Kerry passes by a voice vote.
   President Biden begins to revoke executive orders issued by President Bush, and issues an executive order calling for the closure of Guantanamo Bay within one year.
President Biden’s approval rating is at 73%.

January 28th 2009

The Governors of all 50 states meet with President Joe Biden at the White House. They agree that 435 representatives is too much at a Constitutional Convention. Instead, it will be 1/3rd the number, 143 members will attend, with a minimum of one delegate for each state. Each of these delegates will have one vote. The Governors agreed to select the party of their delegates based on the composition of the state legislature, as closely as possible. If only one or two delegates, then the delegates will be a member of the majority party.

February 6th 2009
   President Biden announces the creation of the President’s Economic Recovery Board

February 7th 2009
   President Biden announces his choice for Vice President:
   Governor Ed Rendell of Pennsylvania
Pundits:
   If Governor Rendell is confirmed, which he will likely be, he will be another strong voice in the White House. He’s a tad more moderate than the President and extremely strong on domestic policy especially in Pennsylvania.  Rendell is a conservative choice for Biden.

February 8th 2009
   Senator Arlen Specter switches to the Democratic Party, bringing the Democratic Caucus to 59.
   President Biden overturns the ban on funding for embryonic stem cell research

February 15th 2009
   Governor Ed Rendell is confirmed as Vice President of the United States in the Senate 90 – 5 , then in the House by a large margin.

February 17th 2009
   The American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 is passed (Senate 61-26, House 244-188)

February 26th 2009
   President Joe Biden’s proposal for the 2010 Budget is revealed. Deficit hawks come spiraling down on him and start ripping the budget to shreds in the media. Biden’s economic advisors defend the budget proposal. His approval rating sits at 65%.

February 28th 2009
   Sarah Palin testifies in front of a Grand Jury that she did not know about the voter fraud.
   Campaign Manager Rick Davis, for the McCain Campaign, testifies that Loeffler came to him several times trying to tell him something, but Davis kept pushing him off. Davis testified that Loeffler hinted at something but never said flat out that he had orchestrated the rigging of the election.

March 2nd 2009
   The three men who were arrested with connections to the fraud are indicted on several charges including the murder of the Republican strategist in Seattle.

March 3rd 2009
   President Biden addresses a joint session of Congress. He advocates the idea of simple and pragmatic solutions. That is why he says he will make an executive order removing the “Don’t ask don’t tell policy” and will openly allow gays to serve in the military. He says doing otherwise is discrimination.
   President Biden also goes on to outline his agenda to secure health care for every American and he will submit a bill for consideration to the United States Congress that will enable every American to get health care. The President explains how health care can be bipartisan, and that Republicans have supported the idea of universal health care in the past such as under Richard Nixon when he approached Ted Kennedy about it.
   Even though his speech is a bit drawn out, it is generally accepted well. Debate in the media begins on “Don’t Ask Don’t Tell” and health care.
Approval Rating: 59%
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2009, 03:08:08 PM »
« Edited: December 15, 2009, 11:04:25 PM by sirnick »

April 1st 2009
   President Biden issues an executive order creating February 30th.
   Approval Rating: 62%

April 5th 2009
   President Biden submits legislation to Congress whose goal is to give everyone health care. It is based off the Daschle-Dole and Ted Kennedy health care legislation.
   President Biden and Vice President Rendell begin actively campaigning for the legislation.

April 15th 2009
   Conservative outcries begin towards the health care legislation.  Town hall meetings start forming.

April 20th 2009
   President Biden & Vice President Rendell meet with the Speaker, House & Senate Minority  & Majority Leaders, as well as with Senators Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama regarding the health care legislation.
Approval Rating: 58%

May 1st 2009
   The Investment in America Health Care Legislation is revealed by President Biden and Majority Leader Reid.

May 5th 2009
   Town hall meetings get ugly as the national media shows them over and over and over.
   Tom Loeffler is found and arrested by US Officials in Belize City, Belize. He is brought back to the United States for trial.

May 10th 2009
   Conservative politicians like Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin and Newt Gingrich begin speaking out against the health care bill. A “burp” of speculation for 2012 slips out.

June 2009

President Joe Biden bails out General Motors.
   Al Franken is declared the winner of the Minnesota Senatorial Election.

July 8th 2009
   A major general comes out against President Biden’s policy against “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and makes national headlines. Biden sends out staffers for damage control.
   The health bill leaves committee in both houses.
Approval Rating: 55%   

July 20th 2009
   Opposition to Biden’s Health Care bill is 38%
   42% are in favor of it.
   20% aren’t sure

President Biden announces that they will try a new tactic in Afghanistan, a more precise one with special ops units focusing on disrupting the Taliban while other forces begin to hand control back over to the Afghans.  The President says that in an ideal circumstance, all troops will be home by the end of 2011.

August 2009
   The conservatives kick off an anti-health care bill movement crying socialism and that its too much government and too expensive.  Senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton campaign on behalf of the President for the health care legislation.
Senator Ted Kennedy dies.
Approval Rating: 54%

Next Update: Constitutional Convention

(Note: I retracted some of my update because I forgot about this)
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2009, 01:10:05 AM »

August 15th - The Constitutional Convention meets in Washington DC. President Joseph Biden says he will only attend if there is a need for a mediator, otherwise he would recommend that the Constitutional Convention elect its own leader.
Composition of the Convention:

Democrats: 80
Republicans: 63

Day 1:

The Convention convenes behind closed doors and elects Timothy Hamilton as the President of the Constitutional Convention. Hamilton retains voting rights and will act as a mediator.
The Convention votes by majority rule that if 2/3rds of the Convention agrees on an amendment AND in a second vote voting-in-bloc, if 2/3rds of the states approve, the amendment will become the next amendment to the Constitution.

Day 2:

The Convention has several proposals out on the table regarding election reform. Debate begins. Hamilton sets the rules and time limit for debate, by state.

Day 3 – 4:

Debate continues while there seems to be a consensus emerging.

Day 5:

Proposed 28th Amendment:

1)   All Electoral Votes will be distributed based on the percentage won, in each respective state having met the minimum threshold of 15% of the total votes in that state.
Day 6:

The 28th Amendment is passed on the first round of voting.

Day 7:

Hamilton tries to convene the Convention but two more proposals are brought up –an amendment, banning flag burning, lowering the drinking age  and an amendment forcing the Federal Government to balance its budget.

The Convention vote against opening debate on flag burning, but opens debate on forcing the Federal Government to balance the budget.

The Convention also votes for opening debate on lowering the drinking age.

Day 8:

Debate on forcing the Federal Government to balance the budget.

Day 9-10:

Debate

Day 11:

The Constitutional Convention on the first vote, votes down the amendment on balancing the budget.

The Constitutional Convention votes to drop debate on the drinking age.

A combination of fifteen Democrats and twenty Republicans call for an amendment granting the President the power of line-item veto with a 50% + 1 vote override in Congress.

Day 12:
Proposed 29th Amendment:

The President shall have the power to strike any lines from legislation passed by Congress, however; the stricken lines are subject to a veto-override by a majority of members in both Houses.

The Amendment passes both votes.

Day 13:

The Constitutional Convention is concluded.

sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2009, 06:21:30 PM »

September 2009:

President Joseph Biden praises the Constitutional Convention and Hamilton for making a difference for the American people and curtailing everyone’s worst fears that the Convention could have gotten very out of hand.

The Health Care Bill passes the House with one Republican voting for it.

Approval Rating: 57%

The FBI reveals that Tom Loeffler, who is being tried on several convictions, had received money from officials in Saudi Arabia, who he lobbies for, to rig the election in favor of John McCain. They also announce that they have subpoenaed most lobbyists for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Public outrage on both sides of the aisle is huge, although it is widely accepted that John McCain did not know about it –however, there are conspiracy theorists who say he was part of the scheme.  Sarah Palin and Campaign Manager Rick Davis will not be indicted.
The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia pledges to do whatever he can to bring the officials who paid for this in his country to justice.

Republicans and Democrats call for President Biden to send the Saudi Arabian Delegation home. The UN condemns the actions of the Saudi Arabian officials. President Biden promises to do “get to the bottom of this, with or without help from the Saudis”

Senator Barack Obama, who has stayed out of the spotlight, says “I have full faith that President Biden will handle this properly.”

November 3rd 2009

Mayor Michael Bloomberg is re-elected in New York City by a very slim margin.
   The Democrat wins the Congressional race in NY by a slim margin.
   Chris Christie is elected Governor of New Jersey by a very slim margin.
   Bob McDonnell is elected Governor of Virginia with 53% of the vote.

Approval Rating: 55%
[/b]

December 2009:

Saudi Arabia sacks its foreign minister and several internal ministers in connection with the fraud and says they will be dealt with “appropriately.” President Biden calls for them to be extradited to the United States.
   Majority Leader Harry Reid announces that the health care bill will not make it to the table in 2009.

Lou Dobbs quits CNN creating speculation that he will run for public office. He openly says that he is considering running for President.

Approval Rating: 53%

January 15th 2010

At the State of the Union Address Joe Biden announces that he will be sending 3,000 American forces to Sudan-Darfur to stop the genocide. He explains that America cannot sit ideally by and watch as atrocities go unnoticed.  He calls for the Senate to take up the health care bill and pass it immediately.

President Biden talks about reforming the education system and improving the current way people vote before the 2010 elections.

Approval Rating: 50%

January 20th 2010
   President Biden’s health care bill fails in the Senate by 3 votes.
Post-Vote Approval Rating: 47%

February 2010

Pundits: President Joe Biden’s agenda has had a major setback with the failure of the health care vote in the Senate. We’re all unsure here if he will keep on trying since the Blue Dog Democrats who voted against it are unlikely to budge at all.  The President is going to have a tough time convincing the American people about his agenda, and deploying troops to Darfur doesn’t help.

Troops begin deploying for Darfur on a Humanitarian and Peace Keeping Mission. The actions of the United States are applauded by many Western nations, however; this policy is not as popular at home.

Gallup Poll:
Do you support the President’s deployment of US forces to Darfur?
No: 47%
Yes: 40%
Unsure:13%

Do you approve of the job the President is doing?
Yes: 43%
No: 45%

Do you approve of the job Vice President Rendell is doing?
Yes: 50%
No: 45%

Is President Biden a strong leader?

February 2009
Yes: 67%
No: 25%

February 2010:
Yes: 50%
No: 40%

March 2010
   President Biden’s budget for the 2011 Fiscal Year passes after he accepts many cuts to his original budget in order to deal with the deficit better.
   15 Servicemen are killed in an ambush in Sudan.  President Biden says that “they have no died in vain, they are over there not just fighting for us, and they are fighting for oppressed people all over the world”

New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo announces he will run for Governor against Governor David Paterson.

The three main conspirators and twenty-five others are all convicted on charges related to election fraud.

April 7th 2010

During an interview President Biden is asked “Will you run for re-election in 2012?”
President Biden responds “I haven’t made my decision yet. I’d like to spend more time with my grandchildren –they’re getting so big, you know…but if I feel like I can still do more for the American people, then I will.”

April 15th 2010

3:15pm EST - During a surprise trip to Afghanistan, Secretary of State John Kerry’s plane is shot down and crashes in the middle of the Dashti Margo desert.
3:50pm – EST The White House releases the following statement:
   We have reports coming in from Afghanistan that the military plane carrying Secretary of State John Kerry has been shot down over the Dashti Margo desert in southern Afghanistan. Our forces are in the process of securing the area and will secure Secretary of State Kerry and the other staff and military officials on that plane. The perpetrators will be dealt with swiftly and appropriately. The Afghanistan Government is working with us at this time.

An aide says that President Biden’s anger is “tremendous, nothing I’ve ever seen
before. If I were the people who did this, I’d be sh**tting my pants right now”

5:00pm  EST -- A video of Osama Bin Laden emerges claiming responsibility for the attack.

5:20pm EST – Local news reports that the US Air Force has launched several airstrikes along the Afghan/Pakistan border where Osama Bin Laden is said to be hiding.

7:00pm EST – The New York Times leaks that a senior official confirmed the authenticity of the bin Laden video and that the US Government is “closer than ever” to finding bin Laden.

7:03pm EST – The White House confirms that there were only three survivors from the plane crash. Secretary of State John Kerry was not one of them.

7:35pm EST – Local reports are coming in that US forces are on foot on Pakistani soil.

8:00pm EST – Pakistani officials deny the report.

8:15pm EST – Local reports coming in that “at least 100 US Marines are outside of a small village in the mountains of Pakistan.”

8:30pm EST – Reports coming in that US Marines have entered the city  and gunfire was exchanged.

9:15pm EST – Pakistani officials confirm that US forces have entered Pakistan soil. They condemn the US actions.

9:30pm EST – The Pakistani Airforce threatens to shoot down US planes over Pakistan soil.

9:45pm EST – Two Pakistani fighters are shot down by US fighter jets over Pakistani airspace.

9:47pm EST – President Joseph Biden telephones former President George W. Bush

10:00pm EST – President Joseph Biden addresses the nation. He expresses anger over Secretary of State Kerry’s death but says something good has come of it. “Hours ago, I ordered US Marines into Pakistan on intelligence that we knew the whereabouts of the most wanted terrorist in the world. A few minutes ago US forces captured Osama Bin Laden.”
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: December 16, 2009, 11:47:06 PM »

I know I took a hiatus, but is anyone reading this still and does anyone still like it?
tonyreyes89
Rookie
United States

« Reply #72 on: December 17, 2009, 01:40:48 AM »

You have many readers including myself, very good timeline sir.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #73 on: December 17, 2009, 06:40:45 AM »

You have many readers including myself, very good timeline sir.

I second this
aaaa2222
yoman82

« Reply #74 on: December 17, 2009, 03:12:20 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies