Conservatives/Tea Party to challenge many GOP candidates in 2010
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:08:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2010 Elections
  Conservatives/Tea Party to challenge many GOP candidates in 2010
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Conservatives/Tea Party to challenge many GOP candidates in 2010  (Read 4012 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: November 03, 2009, 07:59:19 AM »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20091103/pl_politico/29057

Interesting
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 09:24:51 PM »

Excellent.
Deldem
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -7.74

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:56:59 PM »

Can anyone say "vote splitting"?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 11:16:04 PM »

If the GOP only makes marginal gains next year, Democrats should send thank-you cards to Tea-Baggers throughout the nation.   
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 11:18:46 PM »

If the GOP only makes marginal gains next year, Democrats should send thank-you cards to Tea-Baggers throughout the nation.   

What's more: we ought to look to absorb some of them. That's exactly how Nixon built his Emerging Republican Majority - splitting the Democrats at the cleavage. If we can attract some of the social liberals, and then moderate on economics (the way President Clinton surely had in mind), we might then get somewhere.
Psychic Octopus
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 11:23:20 PM »

What's more: we ought to look to absorb some of them. That's exactly how Nixon built his Emerging Republican Majority - splitting the Democrats at the cleavage. If we can attract some of the social liberals, and then moderate on economics (the way President Clinton surely had in mind), we might then get somewhere.

You may even get me.
Scam of God
Einzige
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.19, S: -9.91

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 11:25:53 PM »

You may even get me.

But you have to work for it, too. Notice that when Nixon began his Southern Strategy in earnest after Wallace was shot and out of the picture, he intentionally shunned the most hardcore segregationists, asking them to tone down (but never totally drop) their segregation and moderate their rhetoric. At the same time, any Republican entryism into the Democratic ranks would have to do the same in reverse: become more outspoken on social liberal issues. 
paul718
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: -4.35

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 01:03:35 AM »

NY-23 is a perfect example of why this nonsense should stop. 
Padfoot
padfoot714
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -6.96

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 01:37:43 AM »

But will it?  Will Hoffman's defeat be enough to stamp out enough of the enthusiasm and funding for grassroots conservatives and the Club for Growth?  I'm betting that it won't.  The closeness of this race is only - to steal a commonly abused GOP catchphrase - going to embolden the "terrorists."  They may be able to take down a few more conservative Democrats with these candidates but they certainly won't be winning back many of the seats where Democrats have encroached on former moderate Republican territory.  If the conservative wing of the party brands candidates like Rob Simmons in CT or Kelly Ayotte in NH as the next Dede Scozzafava, the GOP is going to be licking its wounds again a year from now.
bullmoose88
Atlas Icon

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:05 AM »

You may even get me.

NiK wouldn't be the only one you'd get.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »

Hell no. Tea-baggers, don't stop!
Stranger in a strange land
strangeland
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2009, 01:22:37 PM »

Hell no. Tea-baggers, don't stop!
xavier110
United States
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »

I love tea-bagging!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2009, 02:50:36 PM »

My hope was they would focus there attention on PA and maybe FL and leave the deep Blue states like ILL, CT, ME, NH, and NY alone.
Swing Voter
swingvoter
Rookie
Italy

Political Matrix
E: 1.81, S: -6.43

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2009, 04:41:58 AM »

You may even get me.

NiK wouldn't be the only one you'd get.

bullmoose and Nik aren't the only ones you would get. But we have already spoke on this, haven't we? Wink
TeePee4Prez
Flyers2004
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 02:58:31 AM »

My hope was they would focus there attention on PA and maybe FL and leave the deep Blue states like ILL, CT, ME, NH, and NY alone.

I hope they focus and waste their monies in PA and FL.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 10:32:45 AM »

You may even get me.

And lose me. Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies