Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:22:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Public Discussion on the Supreme Court Cases (Avoid Cluttering Case Threads)  (Read 70718 times)
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.45, S: -3.35

« on: January 28, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »

Itll be interesting to see what happens if the Supreme Court ever decides to hear the pending case, since the new session starts tomorrow, and chamber membership might be subject to change after the session starts. I wonder what happens to any chamber vote that is participated in by someone later found to not be the delegate.
Oh well. We have forever I guess.

Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 06:41:55 PM »

For reference in both the Turner case and in general, is the disastrous Chevron v. NRDC standard still in effect in Atlasia?

If so, I am trained in the art of administrative law, and I even pay the vba their annual $30 to let me say that.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 05:08:13 PM »

No, am I dead. However, I have now seen this thread and will try to respond shortly.

*hughughug*,

ilikeverin
When did we become a necrocracy?

Uh oh. We just banned necromancy in the South.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 09:49:31 PM »

Don't break kayfabe!
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 09:27:06 PM »

We have had numerous indictments in this game and numerous trials and convictions. I don't recall any time in which a grand jury was employed. Whether this was game practicality, different set of laws at the time or just twenty years of prosecutorial misconduct I cannot really attest to from my phone at work.

It's certainly something to contemplate in terms of how we handle these things in game and to how dysfunctional anything resembling a criminal justice system has become at this point.

If a defendant is unaware of his rights, he effectively consents to waive them.
Mr. Reactionary
blackraisin
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 05:52:44 AM »

We have had numerous indictments in this game and numerous trials and convictions. I don't recall any time in which a grand jury was employed. Whether this was game practicality, different set of laws at the time or just twenty years of prosecutorial misconduct I cannot really attest to from my phone at work.

It's certainly something to contemplate in terms of how we handle these things in game and to how dysfunctional anything resembling a criminal justice system has become at this point.

If a defendant is unaware of his rights, he effectively consents to waive them.

In a real life context sure, but many RL legal concepts are have historically not been utilized in game. A good example would be when I told you that the court does not enforce standing and your response to that back in 2017 was "without standing, you don't have a case".

Historically, whenever a crime was evidently committed, the AG would just "issue an indictment", the Supreme Court would recognize the indictment and proceed with empaneling a jury. The only time that this did not happen was when Al charged Classic Conservative and myself with treason in July 2015 using twisted words from a Senate debate and this was so clearly bs that the Senate immediately moved towards impeachment on a bipartisan basis.

Election Related Stuff:
Atlasia v. Benconstine: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=95003.0 (AG: Marokai Blue)
Atlasia v. JoMCar: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203542.0 (AG: Zuwo)
Atlasia v. Labron Fitzgerald: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203653.0 (AG: Zuwo)

Treason:
Atlasia v. Alfred E. Jones: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=203543.0 (AG: Zuwo)
Atlasia v. Snowstalker: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=200112.0 (AG: Bacon King)

No Grand Jury was used in either of the botched attempts at LT in 2021.

All I know is Art. 1, Sec. 11 of the Atlasian bill of rights has to exist for a reason. It requires grand juries and does zero other things, which means its inclusion would have been surplus if it wasnt intended to do something. And that something was likely to screen out randos from doing what happened here: claiming to have "witnessed a crime" as part of some intended entrapment scheme then magically transforming into a prosecutor after filing a lawsuit based solely on the rando's limited perception of events.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies